Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,915 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Morning all - 3lb loss this week for me, not a bad start, I'd like to be under 13st next week if possible.

Well done to all with losses, and Bubbs I'm sure that half pound will come straight off and take some friends with it!

Good luck with your ambitions to be a consultant Merlin, it's such a female dominated industry, more male leaders can only be a good thing.

B - WM toast with butter (3)
    D - SW full English: Bacon, egg, potato, mushrooms and tomatoes
    T - Diet cola chicken from freezer with noodles (almost like a takeaway!)
    HEA - Milk
    HEB - WM toast
    Syns - Sugar (4), butter (3), Pom Bears (4) and maybe a Wispa or something since it's Friday (11?) = 22+

Need to do a meal plan and shopping list for tomorrow onwards though because the cupboards are bare.

Augh, just realised I'll have to weigh in a day early next week as I'm off to London on Thursday aft. Right! Got my focused hat on!
    Thankyou, bloomin well hope so want 7lb gone so i have lost 4 stone by 7th oct when i go away.
    Well done on your loss:T:T
    Merlin139 wrote: »
    Been another busy week again. Have enjoyed catching up again but am going to make a point of getting on here eachday to read.

Hazel went to see her dad at the weekend an I have been down south since Tuesday seeing my dad. Hazels dad has lost the sight in his right eye due to the stroke and will not get it back. Had to laugh when Hazel was saying he was bumping into things. I know I should not but I think its the dark squaddie humour in me.

WI last night. Another 3.5 lbs loss for me. Hazel 0.5 lbs. She had been dreading it as it was her birthday on Monday and we went out and drank too much when we got back. Btl of wine and 2 btl's of Champagne. It was still a loss and its has been everyweek since she started 16 weeks ago. I got my 1.5 stone award.

I have joined the social team. 2 reasons for this. 1 to help and secondly attended a presentation on Sunday morning about becoming a consultant. Looking at about 6 months away so all aspects of the social team will be a help.

At the presentation when I walked in I thought, what am I doing I am the wrong sex! But after to speaking to people there made to feel very welcome. As I have been told SW want more male consultants. All in all a well spent 3 hours. A long way to go in my SW journey first.
    :T:T:T:T well done to both of you:D
    esmy wrote: »
    Afternoon all.

Welcome newbies, well done all losers and commiserations to the gainers. Merlin go for becoming a consultant! I'm sure as a man you'd be welcomed with open arms. We had a number of men when I went to group, all of whom did very well as I recall but I'm sure a male consultant would encourage more.

1lb off for me this week - slowly creeping towards target! I always seem to slow down when I'm approaching a stone barrier even when I don't do anything different - anyone else find this?

:T:T:T well done:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Well done Tete and Esmy on your losses.

Not been a bad day for me today. Managed to resist the biscuits at the hospital, and feeling better now I have some iron in my blood again. Just a rather bruised arm, but at least I have some energy now
    Glad you are feeling a bit better, try and have a rest x
    maman wrote: »
    Back from my mini break in Stratford upon Avon. :) We had a great time and I did make some good SW choices. Also when I did choose syns I enjoyed them so win/win.

I can thoroughly recommend the Premier Inn Waterways. Aside from being clean and comfortable with very cheap parking, breakfast was a SW dream! They had Weetabix, FF yogurt, loads of fresh fruit and then the buffet of hot food. I skipped bread to keep my HEB for sandwiches at lunchtime and had a single hash brown with bacon, beans, mushrooms and fried eggs after a big bowl of fruit. So other than the hash brown and any oil it was all free. Alcohol consumption was minimal too as my friends aren't big drinkers.

I have only skimmed through this week's posts so forgive me if I've missed important news. :)

I did read the bit about the weightloss TV programme. As far as I'm concerned, people can spend what they like on food as long as they can afford it. That's personal choice. What I would say though is that unless someone is very poor indeed (like food banks or the cheapest of ready meals and few cooking facilities) then rejecting SW as expensive is nonsense and just an excuse IMO. I'm in the fortunate position that I am mse because I choose to be and hate being ripped off but I can feed us both well on about £50 a week with us both eating SW and DH having treats on top. The fact that I choose to eat out a lot and spend additional money on booze is up to me but that's my personal choice. It's not essential for SW.

Back on plan today. I've done my meal plan and shop for the week. Most of the time will be OK although it's DH's birthday on Wednesday so will probably eat out then (night before WI:(). Today's meals are a bit chilli heavy but was the quickest way to get some Speed in at lunchtime and I like it anyway.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, 2 boiled eggs, HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: JP with veggie chilli and cottage cheese
    D: marrow, chunky chilli, extra Speed (mushrooms etc.), SW chips
    Syns: gin:D

:T:T:T glad you had a good time:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Good Evening :hello:
    bubbs wrote: »
    Evening all, cant find the syns for this and someone would like to know on elite thread, can anyone help please?

Princes Beef Stew(in a can)

No sorry cant help with syns :cool:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,580 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Evening all, cant find the syns for this and someone would like to know on elite thread, can anyone help please?

Irish stew is 9 and mince beef is 9.5. HTH

P S. Stewed steak is 6
  • bubbs
    tweets wrote: »
    Good Evening :hello:

No sorry cant help with syns :cool:

Hello tweets :wave:
    You ok?
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,239 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper

Princes Irish beef stew in can 400g is 9 syns.

HTH :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!

Closest I can find our:
    Princes Irish stew 400g - 9 syns
    Princes minced beef and onion in gravt 392g - 9.5 syns
    Princes stewed steak in meaty rich gravy 400g - 6 syns
    Zebras rock
  • bubbs
    beanielou wrote: »
    Princes Irish beef stew in can 400g is 9 syns.

HTH :)
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Closest I can find our:
    Princes Irish stew 400g - 9 syns
    Princes minced beef and onion in gravt 392g - 9.5 syns
    Princes stewed steak in meaty rich gravy 400g - 6 syns

Thanks i have asked if its the Irish one as she said steak with veg, its not the bottom one Kathryn already asked that will wait for reply thanks both for looking xx
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,580 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 September 2017 at 7:26PM
    Thanks i have asked if its the Irish one as she said steak with veg, its not the bottom one Kathryn already asked that will wait for reply thanks both for looking xx

I put it through the calculator and it comes to 1 syn per 100g using beef as free food. It's a 392g can so call it 4?

But comes out as 8.5 if potatoes used as main free food. It'll be interesting to know.
  • bubbs
    Oh must remember to post my meals this week and everything i eat as want a good loss:D
    Hexa Milk
    Hexab 1 aplen light, 1/2 slice wholemeal bread

Brunch/lunch ham, cucumber, tomatoes, alpen light, 5 plums
    1 1/2 ltrs water , tea x 1
    Tea
    SW KFC with huge speed salad and 1/2 slice bread
    Chopped mixed fruit muller light yog
    3 x tea
    NAS squash for drinks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure