Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 4th Sep 17, 8:16 AM
    • 1,722Posts
    • 8,535Thanks
    kathrynha
    Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017
    • 4th Sep 17, 8:16 AM
    Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017 4th Sep 17 at 8:16 AM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables

We have a Facebook group open to anyone joining us on this thread; to join please mention it in your post or drop Lushlifesaver a PM and an existing member can send you an invite
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 58 lb
    Last updated: 12th September 2017
Page 12
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 10th Sep 17, 9:13 PM
    • 14,852 Posts
    • 184,890 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Thanks for that. I like mush too.
    Did you say you put in sliced tomatoes too?
    Originally posted by maman
    Yes, I tend to put them on the top later, although it works without them x
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 10th Sep 17, 9:13 PM
    • 14,852 Posts
    • 184,890 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    ]No im a good gir[/B]l
    by bubbs;73107174[B
    If you say so!
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Sep 17, 9:42 PM
    • 48,138 Posts
    • 592,122 Thanks
    bubbs
    If you say so!
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 4lb week 34
    • dawyldthing
    • By dawyldthing 10th Sep 17, 9:55 PM
    • 2,614 Posts
    • 2,048 Thanks
    dawyldthing
    I'm going to swear now........

.....I really don't get gin.

Any other spirit I'm your girl ....but gin never!
    Originally posted by gettingtheresometime
    I think gin and tonics one of the less syns ones hopefully. Me on the other hand likes cider - laden with syns :/ 4 days of it this week. Between that and my treat bag I need a miracle tomorrow
    Last edited by dawyldthing; 10-09-2017 at 9:55 PM. Reason: Spelling
    My targets to end 2018:
    1) To get down to 11 stone 7lbs then treat to a safari. At start 17 stone 7 lbs *45lbs lost* *39lbs to go*
    Started SW16st13lbs 11/7/17 - 18 weeks in -37lbs
    3/9 to NYE 12lbs down / 4lbs to go
    2) to find new challenges
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 10th Sep 17, 10:17 PM
    • 14,852 Posts
    • 184,890 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I think gin and tonics one of the less syns ones hopefully. Me on the other hand likes cider - laden with syns :/ 4 days of it this week. Between that and my treat bag I need a miracle tomorrow
    Originally posted by dawyldthing
    I do love a fruit cider with lots of ice.... but not anymore.

• dawyldthing
    • By dawyldthing 10th Sep 17, 10:28 PM
    • 2,614 Posts
    • 2,048 Thanks
    dawyldthing
    I do love a fruit cider with lots of ice.... but not anymore.

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    I need to find a new favourite drink lol. Do like bitter shandy though
    My targets to end 2018:
    1) To get down to 11 stone 7lbs then treat to a safari. At start 17 stone 7 lbs *45lbs lost* *39lbs to go*
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 10th Sep 17, 10:34 PM
    • 14,852 Posts
    • 184,890 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I need to find a new favourite drink lol. Do like bitter shandy though
    Now I am craving a pint of Fosters and lime!

I better have a pint of water and ice!

• maman
    • By maman 10th Sep 17, 10:48 PM
    • 16,969 Posts
    • 101,500 Thanks
    maman
    I know I'm probably not helping but.......

vodka and whisky are the same syns as gin (3 for a small 35ml measure) and bacardi is a little more (3.5).
    • rachie_cakes
    • By rachie_cakes 10th Sep 17, 11:37 PM
    • 131 Posts
    • 219 Thanks
    rachie_cakes
    Welcome Rachie. 7lb is an amazing first week loss. Are you enjoying the plan? It's so flexible.j

Denise
    Originally posted by joedenise
    Ooops, sorry for delay in replying. I'm finding it far easier than any other diet I've tried. I've had a few slips this week with chocolate and iPhone, but I guess that's what syns are all about! Been away for weekend but still tried to stick to plan, well kind of 🙊 Hope everyone has had a good weekend x
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 11th Sep 17, 7:20 AM
    • 1,722 Posts
    • 8,535 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Ooops, sorry for delay in replying. I'm finding it far easier than any other diet I've tried. I've had a few slips this week with chocolate and iPhone, but I guess that's what syns are all about! Been away for weekend but still tried to stick to plan, well kind of 🙊 Hope everyone has had a good weekend x
    Originally posted by rachie_cakes
    We all slip a bit. You still have to live, and it's about making the best decisions you can about food.
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 11th Sep 17, 7:25 AM
    • 1,722 Posts
    • 8,535 Thanks
    kathrynha
    At the hospital later, so today's eating is going to be a bit mucked up, but will try my best, as I really do want my 4 stone award tomorrow.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - noodles
    Mid morning snack - fruit
    At hospital snacks - aldi quavers and cereal bars
    Dinner - chilli, already in the slow cooker, as I might not feel up to cooking tonight

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - cereal bars
    syns - aldi quavers (3), ginger sweets
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 11th Sep 17, 7:52 AM
    • 14,852 Posts
    • 184,890 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Kathrynha, hope everything goes well today x

I had a sneaking weighing ;-)))
    • dawyldthing
    • By dawyldthing 11th Sep 17, 9:15 AM
    • 2,614 Posts
    • 2,048 Thanks
    dawyldthing
    I know I'm probably not helping but.......

vodka and whisky are the same syns as gin (3 for a small 35ml measure) and bacardi is a little more (3.5).
    Originally posted by maman
    Ah didn't know that. You don't know what caption Morgan's rum is do you? Don't mind the stuff since I had a drink of it in Oz
    My targets to end 2018:
    • dawyldthing
    • By dawyldthing 11th Sep 17, 9:16 AM
    • 2,614 Posts
    • 2,048 Thanks
    dawyldthing
    Good luck at the hospital Kathryn.
    My targets to end 2018:
    • Abbafan1972
    • By Abbafan1972 11th Sep 17, 10:32 AM
    • 5,118 Posts
    • 168,673 Thanks
    Abbafan1972
    Good luck at the hospital Kathry, :-)

Just popping on quickly while I'm at work (on my own in the office for the next 2 weeks - colleague on holiday).

Have a good day all. x
    Weight on 01/08/15 - 17st 5lb
    Target weight - 10st
    Target reached - 20/05/17

Greatest Loser for SW group 2016 & 2017
    Woman of the year for SW group 2016 & 2017
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 11th Sep 17, 10:52 AM
    • 1,722 Posts
    • 8,535 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Ah didn't know that. You don't know what caption Morgan's rum is do you? Don't mind the stuff since I had a drink of it in Oz
    Spiced rum 2.5 syns per 25ml
    Black label rum 3 syns per 25ml
    • maman
    • By maman 11th Sep 17, 11:17 AM
    • 16,969 Posts
    • 101,500 Thanks
    maman
    syns - aldi quavers (3)
    Originally posted by kathrynha

Hope you get some good news and good advice on managing things at the hospital kathrynha.

I have visions of the same sad, battered little bag of Quavers following you around day to day and never getting eaten!

Now what have I started. I'm getting a complex. I went to write some birthday cards this morning and realised just how many cards I buy for people that are wine related. This is the latest, although in my defence it was the football related reference that appealed too!

• maman
    • By maman 11th Sep 17, 11:27 AM
    • 16,969 Posts
    • 101,500 Thanks
    maman
    Now, back to SW.

I love Mondays. One of my favourite lunches is leftovers. I deliberately cook masses of extra veg on Sundays because I love it fried up, a bit like bubble & squeak. Yesterday I added a couple of pieces of shin to the HB steaks so I've got LO meat as well as veg today.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB (half) toast, fried egg, tomatoes, mushrooms, slice of ham
    L: LO beef and fried veg (mostly all Speed), beetroot
    D: baked salmon, hassleback potatoes, runner beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, BNS
    Syns: NONE!!
    • dawyldthing
    • By dawyldthing 11th Sep 17, 1:35 PM
    • 2,614 Posts
    • 2,048 Thanks
    dawyldthing
    Ooh brill. I think I know what I'll now be drinking how much is a can of coke (mums moved my book and now we can't find it anywhere)

Been on the scales. Little wonder after the week I've had

+1.5

So got back on it today. Picked up a pack of 4 curly wirlys as treat for the week (after getting through the lidl version of Mars bars in a day last week).

Today I've had
    Breakfast - didn't have anything as was going to get weighed
    Dinner - 3 pork and tomato sausages from birds, 1 red potato, 5 small mushrooms and an onion in the oven with a bit of tescos spray - going to say 15 syns as the sausages were quite big, only going to get 2 next time.
    Tea - 2 large mushrooms with tomato, daily cheese allowance and possibly garlic in it (starting with a stinking cold).

Might get one of the wraps out and put paprika on it and warm them up later as a snack.

Well done to the losers and sts, keep going everyone. We shall look different this time next year
    My targets to end 2018:
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 11th Sep 17, 1:58 PM
    • 4,672 Posts
    • 34,671 Thanks
    joedenise
    Loved the card Maman! Wish we had a "funny" button along with the others.

It's using up stuff this week so a lot of stuff which isn't particularly SW friendly and not much Speed at all - not even much frozen veg left. In fact I've got so little stuff in the fridge/freezer I'm going to turn it off when we go on Wednesday!

Today's plan:

B - mushroom & pepper omelette; with extra mushrooms & peppers on the side
    L - sausage & brown sauce sandwich - HEB + 3.5
    D - something with salmon fillet - not sure what I'm going to do yet! So unlike me not to plan properly but I need to find a way of doing it that DH will eat it as he's not keen

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - butter, brown sauce, sausages

Denise
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

112Posts Today

2,206Users online

Martin's Twitter