Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Alloneword
    • By Alloneword 3rd Sep 17, 10:33 PM
    • 296Posts
    • 351Thanks
    Alloneword
    1KG CO2 Fire Extinguisher
    • 3rd Sep 17, 10:33 PM
    1KG CO2 Fire Extinguisher 3rd Sep 17 at 10:33 PM
    I'm after a small (1KG) CO2 for my very small flat i see tons of 2KG versions but at some 20 inches tall it is too big for my flat (no joke) all i see to find is water/powder etc and these do not fit my needs, i have spoken to someone who know their stuff and other stuff would be no good so has to be CO2, i can get a 2KG in the flat but it would have to be tucked away in a cupboard and in the event of a fire i don't want to have to go hunting for this kind of stuff where as a 1KG version can be kept handy.

Any links would be very handy, up to £50

All1
Page 1
    • molerat
    • By molerat 4th Sep 17, 12:14 AM
    • 17,326 Posts
    • 11,517 Thanks
    molerat
    • 4th Sep 17, 12:14 AM
    • 4th Sep 17, 12:14 AM
    Not seen any 1Kg, too small for most purposes. Why are others not suitable - CO2 is not really any good for the majority of home fires which are class A. The new thing is aerosol foam in a 600ml standard aerosol size, covers A, B and F fires with almost the capacity of a 1Kg powder.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • DavidFx
    • By DavidFx 4th Sep 17, 9:48 AM
    • 182 Posts
    • 112 Thanks
    DavidFx
    • 4th Sep 17, 9:48 AM
    • 4th Sep 17, 9:48 AM
    Phone up your local fire brigade and book a free home fire safety visit. Having a fire extinguisher is one thing - knowing how and when to use it is another.
    • jrrowleyws
    • By jrrowleyws 6th Sep 17, 5:30 PM
    • 593 Posts
    • 301 Thanks
    jrrowleyws
    • 6th Sep 17, 5:30 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 5:30 PM
    CO2 is possibly the worst extinguisher for a domestic house. Add to that, by the time you have discharged a 1kg extinguisher you'll have used it all before you've even pointed it at the fire.

An extinguisher isn't something magic. Most domestic fires either need a fire blanket or the fire service. People die trying to fight fires with extinguishers. Unless you have a habit of throwing fag ends into metal bins...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,753Posts Today

9,528Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Sneaky NAKED photo... ...of the room where many political and regional TV interviews are done. This is before the? https://t.co/fDdeKQOQuU

• The Premium Bond rate is being boosted from 1.15% to 1.4% should you pile in? My analysis... https://t.co/3Q7tjphAFO

• RT @colinjdunn: First #Plevin cheque received this morning - £548.66 from Nationwide & with other claims still outstanding - so thanks @Mar?

• Follow Martin