Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kalcy
    • By Kalcy 3rd Sep 17, 10:05 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Kalcy
    Can I have a full refund
    • 3rd Sep 17, 10:05 PM
    Can I have a full refund 3rd Sep 17 at 10:05 PM
    I purchased a new kitchen last wednesday from Howsden's joinery but now want to cancel the order. Initially when I went to view the design they had made I was not going to buy straight away but the sales consultant gave me such a good price & told me the offer would not be available for long that I ended up buying it & paying in full. However the more I have thought about it the less I am happy with my purchase & am annoyed with myself for falling for the sales pitch. Can I cancel the order & get a full refund
Page 2
    • Kalcy
    • By Kalcy 5th Sep 17, 3:08 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kalcy
    I spoke to howden's this morning & they were supposed to phone me back but I had no call. When the designer called to my house he asked if I knew a trader but when I said I didn't he then told me he could find someonr to put the sale through. However when I purchased the kitchen it was put through in my nsme. I have had no contract of sale. I was tild I would be emailed a copy of the design & that they had previously sent me emails of designs plus costs but I have received nothing. All I have is a receipt showing me to be £5950 in credit with them which was the cost of the units
    • cono1717
    • By cono1717 5th Sep 17, 9:02 AM
    • 616 Posts
    • 420 Thanks
    cono1717
    I spoke to howden's this morning & they were supposed to phone me back but I had no call. When the designer called to my house he asked if I knew a trader but when I said I didn't he then told me he could find someonr to put the sale through. However when I purchased the kitchen it was put through in my nsme. I have had no contract of sale. I was tild I would be emailed a copy of the design & that they had previously sent me emails of designs plus costs but I have received nothing. All I have is a receipt showing me to be £5950 in credit with them which was the cost of the units
    Originally posted by Kalcy
    Have they created your account based on you being a sole trader? Sole trader's often use their own name instead of a company name so it would be easy for them to open a business account with your details. Did you sign anything? If so did you read before signing? If not I'm not sure how they can say you have an agreement unless you agreed to it in some way or another?
    • adamg
    • By adamg 8th Sep 17, 9:03 PM
    • 476 Posts
    • 317 Thanks
    adamg
    yes you can have a full refund legal@howdens.com email this address stating they have sold you a member of the public a kitchen when they are a trade only supplier and this is a breach of their own t and cs plus possibly a breach of their local business rates as most howdens pay less in rates as they are trade only business, They will not want the grief and WILL refund you
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,614Posts Today

8,745Users online

Martin's Twitter