Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Valli
    • By Valli 3rd Sep 17, 9:59 PM
    • 20,046Posts
    • 227,756Thanks
    Valli
    Weekly Flylady Thread 4th September 2017
    • 3rd Sep 17, 9:59 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 4th September 2017 3rd Sep 17 at 9:59 PM

What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Right now the thread is looking very quiet...but please do remember we have to abide by MSE rules; each post should, ideally, include some mention of flying.

Thank you Natty for last week's thread.

It is your responsibility to read the forum rules, please follow them on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us. All posts should have some Flylady-related (ooh a compound adjective) content!

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please don’t stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up! All credit to AnW's Mum for this one
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!
    MAD half hour
    - Mad is the abbreviation for Make A Difference.
    The idea is that you have a Forth bridge (ie never-ending - or just huge) task but that you work on it in half-hour bursts. This way you know you ARE stooping, and that you won't get it finished but you will make a difference - so it might be clearing out - the garage or shed, or clothes sorting, or weeding - you get the picture - but rather than keep going until you've lost the will to live you do half an hour...but, eventually those half hours will get the job done!

Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

ok Here goes this Week...

Marvellous Monday - Love your lounge

Level 1

Open Windows
    Plump cushions
    Empty Bins
    Remove anything which doesn't belong here
    Deal with magazines/newspapers - recycle the old ones
    Attend to cut flowers and pot plants

Level 2

Vacuum upholstery inc under seat pads
    Dust around everywhere
    Make sure logs are in and drying - autumn's looming
    Wipe light switches/sockets and places where sticky fingers linger

Level 3

Vacuum/mop floors
    Clean Windows
    Clean light fittings
    Make sure your sitting room/lounge/whatever you call it is ready for the most important people in your life - your family - to relax in.

Extras

Check you have spare light bulbs in because they blow at the most inconvenient time.
    get all smoke detectors tested and replace batteries
    Make any routine appointments
    HHI
    And if the kiddiwinks have gone back to school and you have time at home alone, then sit down with a book, and a cuppa, and RELAX for half and hour. If you haven't got any kids relax anyway...if reading's not your bag what about a nice, long UNINTERRUPTED bath...or snooze... you get the idea

Triffic Tuesday

Bathroom blitz....

Are you ready Steve?. Uh uh, Andy? Yeah Mick? Okay alright fellas...

Let's goooooooo

Level one

Open windows
    Remove rubbish
    Take toothglass downstairs for washing
    Remove towels

Level 2
    Scrub bath/ shower and don't forget screen and taps
    Polish taps with mf cloth
    Wipe Bath panel
    Douse loo in loo cleaner
    Scrub out loo
    Wipe outside if loo with cloth
    Put loo cloth in wm

Level 3
    Scrub sink
    Wipe/polish any cabinets
    Polish sink taps
    Vacuum/ mop floor
    Put out clean towels

Extras
    Remove fly corpses from light fitting
    Clean pelmets and skirtinga and any dust traps
    Do something nice for those you love - bake a cake...or a batch of Twinks
    If today is your first child free day TAKE TIME OUT for youself

Wednesday Wipe day - kitchen dining

Level 1

Open windows
    Empty bins
    Clear sides, wipe, wipe what lives there and replace
    rehome all worktop gibble
    Clean table - polish/wipe and chairs, too

Level 2

Wipe down all cupboard and drawer fronts - don't forget handles and tops and bottoms where drips hide and dry - ugh
    Dust dining area
    Remove gibble from dining room (It's my dump - somebody else must be equally bad)

level 3
    Clean and clear floors
    wipe sockets, switches skirtings
    PUT ALL POTS AWAY

Extras

Clean windows
    HHI

Thursday Thrills - Boudoir Beautification

Level 1

Open the windows W-I-D-E
    Strip the bed
    Remove rubish
    Clear floordrobe/chairdrobe/little heaps/big heaps

Level 2
    make the bed with FRESH linen (mmmm) and put out clean nightclothes

(even if you get nothing else done)

Clean the window
    Dust everywhere

level 3
    Vacuum lampshades and dust lightshades/chandeliers (and make sure the chain is still strong)
    Vacuum floor

Extras

HHI
    Have a nice, long bath so you slip between your sheets clean, fresh and relaxed...
    Check 'emergency stocks' (mine is UHT milk and catfood) are well in date so you don't have to venture out in foul weather
    MAD half hour - keep frog munching flyfolk

Friday Fling - get set for the weekend

Either - pick another bedroom and repeat Thursday

OR

get a just-damp cloth, a box and a binbag and spend 15 minutes MAXIMUM in each room tidying, straightening, wiping sticky marks and binning rubbish. Put anything that need washing in the laundry bin. Put of clean handtowels in the
    bathrooms and kitchen. Vacuum high-traffic areas. Now your WHOLE HOUSE looks clean!

Extras
    re-pressurise boiler
    shower or bathe (just me? okay - I have had a 'personal wash' - HATE starting the day withour a shower!)
    Last edited by Valli; 08-09-2017 at 7:09 AM.
    Make two - and freeze one!
    Don't put it DOWN - put it AWAY!
    DEBT ATTACK - Debts to attack 1-£6150.87 24/04/2017 £5303.03 22/07/2017 BT -
    £5342.65
    2 Virgin CC £585.88 31/7/2017 £494.88 11/8/2017
Page 5
    • White_musk
    • By White_musk 6th Sep 17, 12:57 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    White_musk
    Good morning all, sun is shining it's lovely.

I slept until 8:30 this morning, I've not slept that late in quite a while, so now I am no longer 'stiff as a board' I plan on cleaning my kitchen today. I have a galley kitchen, so most things are accessible reasonably easily, so hope to manage to do reasonably well with today's challenge.
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, wisdom to know the difference.
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 6th Sep 17, 1:42 PM
    • 9,689 Posts
    • 104,542 Thanks
    LameWolf
    I want a flymeet I can go to.. seriously we should..
    I want a night out on the lash.. and getting very very drunk and talking to god, any god, but Loki sounds fun, and I like Thors biiiiiiig ... hammer...
    Originally posted by pigpen
    Piggers you are more than welcome to Loki; he's driving me nuts just lately. While you're at it, would you take Coyote and Baron Samedi as well, please?

Not so sure about Flymeet myself; I seriously doubt I'd ever pluck up the courage to attend.

I did manage to eliminate a Frog today; I have finally finished next years calendar, put all the year's Sabbats and Esbats and all our appointments thus far onto it and put it up behind this year's on the kitchen wall. And I cajoled Mr LW into throwing the Dys0n around before hitting the Mario Cart 8 on the WiiU because my shoulder is so painful I could very easily cry.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • lynnejk
    • By lynnejk 6th Sep 17, 3:29 PM
    • 4,871 Posts
    • 51,186 Thanks
    lynnejk
    Afternoon everyone

I'm giving up for the week but not before I send hugs to Natty. Work is always crazy before and after I go away...the joys of self employment.

I'll be back next week xx
    Originally posted by Mudbath
    Hope you have a fabulous break away

Vacuum upholstery inc under seat pads
    Vacuum/mop floors

Triffic Tuesday - Bathroom blitz....
    DONE

Remove gibble from dining room (It's my dump - somebody else must be equally bad)
    Clean floors
    wipe sockets, switches, skirtings

Back laters - off to try to get finished before my afternoon
    Lx
    £10day..2014=3213..2015=3421..2016=3238..2017=1795....SEPT=189.80/150
    GrocC..2014=2162..2015=2083..2016=2181..2017=1337....SEPT=102.84/200
    Bulk buy.......SEPT=13.48
    GC.NSD....2015=216....2016=213....2017=126....SEPT=12/15
    SPC130x57...2014=1178...2015=1287...2016=4616. ..2017=764.96
    OS WL= -5/8 ......CC =840......Savings = £9250
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 6th Sep 17, 5:03 PM
    • 4,527 Posts
    • 45,678 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    That's a shame LW. There's a distinct possibility I'm going to be in your neck of the woods in late October, if you live where I think you live. I was wondering if there was any chance of a pub hello, but not to worry if you'd rather not. Speaking of which, Narco, I'm in Bournemouth on the 16th, 17th and 18th this month if you fancy a swift half somewhere. Like you, I'm there to do something so time may be too tight, but if not and you fancy it .... Looking forward to Monday's Flymeet.

I got all of 'em on 7"
    They have been in the attic since 1998 - when we moved in here.
    I so want to fling stuff from up there; I can't get up there.
    Even the Vallikids have leanred to love Sweet!
    Originally posted by Valli
    Mine had been in the attic from 1993 when I moved here until I got drunk merry with OH and a couple of lodgers, there was dancing going on all over the house and I gave all of them except Nut Rocker to the German lodger. Most fun bit of decluttering I've ever done. It was years before Ebay and he was a huge fan of British pop so I gave him my entire singles collection and I've never missed them or regretted it. Still love Nut Rocker and soooooo glad I didn't let that go.

I think more Flymeets are needed . . . . . . .
    Originally posted by froddington
    Quite. *Coping vibes* heading your way.

Bathroom sparkly, ground floor carpets sucked, shopping done and put away. OH did a load of laundry while I was out because he needed something or other and had the foresight to check the weather forecast and there's a 24 hour window. I heart OH.
    Keeping it AF
    • mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 6th Sep 17, 5:45 PM
    • 15,290 Posts
    • 195,564 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    Can't help with a purple Range Rover pigpen but we have a black landrover, we have been lucky enough to have a landrover as DHs firms car for the last several years, when dd3 announced she was getting married she said everywhere important she has ever needed to be in her life her dad has driven her in a landrover so would he do the same on her wedding day and drive her to church in it. Said landrover is being given an extra clean and polish tomorrow and will be bedecked in red ribbons so she can get her wish. We have had to tell her she will have to travel in the back as there is no way her dress will fit through a side door, not sure how elegantly she will manage to get in and out but it will all add to the fun of the day.

Nails have been done they are blue and sparkly
    grocery challenge August budget £400 spent £
    SPC~10 No100 : : X4 £2,700o/t fund so far
    read your books challenge-currently on the Kings curse
    xstitch challenge 63 Celtic Christmas
    17in 2017 challenge 3/17
    • Ishtar
    • By Ishtar 6th Sep 17, 6:00 PM
    • 1,040 Posts
    • 11,328 Thanks
    Ishtar
    Successfully decluttered the boy today. Hopefully, I'll see the same success with the daughter tomorrow. It'll be quiet here, that's for sure.

Been pootling about getting things done, I think it's going to take a while to undo the shedloads of junk I've got here, and also to undo the lazy bad habits I seem to have picked up.

Anyway, here's what I've done:

Level 1
    Open Windows
    Plump cushions
    Empty Bins

Remove anything which doesn't belong here
    Deal with magazines/newspapers - recycle the old ones
    Attend to cut flowers and pot plants

Level 2 - Not done (yet)
    Level 3 - Not done (yet)

Uniform all labelled and pressed.

Triffic Tuesday
    Bathroom blitz....
    Level one
    Open windows
    Remove rubbish
    Take toothglass downstairs for washing
    Remove towels

Level 2 - Nope, not yet
    Level 3 - Nope, not yet, except, Put out clean towels

Level 1
    Open windows
    Empty bins
    Clear sides, wipe, wipe what lives there and replace
    rehome all worktop gibble

Clean table - polish/wipe and chairs, too

Level 2 - Maybe tomorrow
    level 3 - Perhaps another day, except PUT ALL POTS AWAY

I had a few errands to run this morning, along with a doctors appt. Also had the girl with me, so we took time out for a coffee in town. She's almost 13 and growing up fast...I take every opportunity to spend time with her as she'll be off with her friends more and more.
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 6th Sep 17, 7:21 PM
    • 35,960 Posts
    • 463,543 Thanks
    pigpen
    LW.. you'd come meet me surely? If I promised not to bring OH or any small people to eat you, Mr Wolf could vet me first and check my references We could jelly together and hide behind our fake beards and newspapers and not speak!

MrsMP .. my nails are pink and sparkly.

Today I loaded the DW and did 2 school runs.. I really need to get my act together, I'm such a lazy blob.

I need to pick up Boogs prescription tomorrow.
    OH applied for 31 jobs today.. here's to 31 'ignores/sorry's' in response
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    06/06/2017 £56823.12 (5.15% int.)
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 6th Sep 17, 9:35 PM
    • 22,972 Posts
    • 88,601 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    Himself is studiously keeping out of my way, as I met him earlier after I'd been at work, only to find he'd already had that one drink too many because I'd 'taken so long to get there' and then proceeded to have two more. Yes, because I have been at work all day.

Stomped back, having bought a dish drainer on the way in case the DW repair man pronounces death tomorrow and passed the minicab company 250yds from the house, who were advertising for daytime controllers with experience. I know he's done that job before. I also now he didn't particularly like it - but he's done it before AND it's right around the corner. I stopped in front of the sign to look at it, he stopped and looked, and then I just gave him the steeliest do-not-trifle-with-me-child look that reduces teenage boys into yes Miss, no Miss, sorry Miss in an instant.

Came home to find the kitchen like a pigsty, complete with all the remaining food from the fridge abandoned on the countertop getting warm and poisonous because he hadn't bothered putting it back into the fridge.

I still haven't spoken to him because there has been no need, especially until he completely sobers up. I wonder when he's going to try and say something?
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 7th Sep 17, 1:32 AM
    • 35,960 Posts
    • 463,543 Thanks
    pigpen
    row 36 next.. I got engrossed in a film that was supposed to be a comedy.. it made me cry.. I'm such a muppet!

uniforms to find then I can go to my nest.. I am going to start setting myself a 'go to bed' alarm.. I am going up later and later.. hospital tomorrow at 2pm.. I may need 'fixy vibes' .. I'm really worried they will say no.. but I need this and then I am moving my life forward in the direction I want..

and if anyone has any idea where the 3 tv remotes might be please speak out.. Loki is afoot LW.. he's a wee beasty!

Thursday..

Hair wash.. that kills me
    Collect Boog meds
    shuffle cash,
    Hopsickle quest for justice for my hurty body parts
    DD1 having 2 smalls
    check out buses, sack that idea off and book taxi .
    . I know myself well... haha that is exactly what I did.. I forgot I had written it here

uniforms
    swimming kits x3
    dance bags x3 .. what do they wear for street dance? I was thinking leggings and tshirt.. that'll do right? or do they need trainers or anything?

Monday ~ dance ~ Dot
    Tuesday ~ ice skating
    Wednesday ~ ?more dance depending on how Pixie deal with the 6+ class at just turned 4 .. more dance so Squeak can go to cookery class on Monday
    Thursday ~ Rugby for Squeak until the novelty wears off
    Friday ~ nothing... yet!
    Saturday ~ Swimming

Anything else we can cram in?
    Last edited by pigpen; 07-09-2017 at 7:47 PM.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    06/06/2017 £56823.12 (5.15% int.)
    • Dizzy Imp
    • By Dizzy Imp 7th Sep 17, 7:17 AM
    • 2,040 Posts
    • 18,465 Thanks
    Dizzy Imp
    Hi girls...finally caught up with all the news!

I'm up for a flymeet if anyone is nearish to me? Iona and I have met up before, so hopefully she'll vouch that I'm not a weirdo

Boys have been back at school since Monday and since then my feet haven't touched the floor as I've been rushing around trying to get things done that were forgotten/abandoned during the holidays.

Oh, and I'm hoping the granite worktop people show today...third time lucky? DH is furious, but I just want my kitchen sorted, so am keeping him away from them.

Currently on week eight without a washing machine. My friends are helping me with that, but starting to lose it with the builders, sparkies, plumbers and other tradesmen who are all starting to get up my nose...and breathe...

Looking forward to wedding news MrsMP xxx
    Womble No: 12 £3400.99 as at 5/4/2017
    Sealed pot challenge 2017 (#501)1/6/2016 = 10.12.2
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 7th Sep 17, 8:07 AM
    • 287 Posts
    • 3,358 Thanks
    Fayolle
    Morning all.
    Off to first day of the new term back at job 2 in a mo. I'm not exactly jumping for joy... To put myself in the 'right' frame of mind, I have cleared the ironing pile first! I've written myself a looonnnngg listy for later, in the hope that I will get away on time and have a couple of hours this afternoon to get things done.

I think DH is on a death wish.....he managed to scatter mud on the clean living room floor yesterday, and then I watched him -yes, actually watched him! - push crumbs off the table onto the swept kitchen floor......his days may be numbered.... This is why I clean when noone is around. At least it stays that way for oh maybe 10 minutes!

Posi-fixi vibes for you, Piggers, for this afternoon.
    • ionafan
    • By ionafan 7th Sep 17, 8:15 AM
    • 2,194 Posts
    • 32,985 Thanks
    ionafan
    I'm up for a flymeet if anyone is nearish to me? Iona and I have met up before, so hopefully she'll vouch that I'm not a weirdo
    Originally posted by Dizzy Imp
    Oh, I don't know about that....!!!!! But then I married one, so perhaps that makes me one too

You know I was hoping that we'd have a Flymeet in the summer holidays, but events here sadly scuppered any possibility. Now that DH is better (fingers crossed) we might manage a day out in the wild borderlands. I'll send you a list of possible dates.

Yesterday evening I finally tidied away all my college papers and feel that I can breathe again. Just a few church papers to deal with today, then I can clean the study and forget about work while we try to relax for a week
    Also on today's list
    - take Rosie out for a quick walk after breakfast, then to the vet for her 2nd injection (had to re-start the series because of too long a gap between previous vets' treatments), then take her for her treat which is on our way home: a walk up the hills
    - clean the house all through (DH has promised to hoover )
    - mow the lawn if it stays dry as per forecast, otherwise we shall have a meadow by the time we get home from hols
    - write several emails and make necessary phonecalls
    - take Rosie out for another short walk before dark - she always has lots of energy in the evening!
    - think about what to pack and what needs washing tonight/tomorrow
    - and, of course, find some food for lunch and evening meal.

If I achieve all that I shall be happy.

Energy vibes to pigpen for all those sports you're doing and good luck to your OH re job applications.
    Pain-free vibes to LW.
    Last-minute-nerve calming vibes to mrs-mp and your DD3 (don't forget a photo of the decorated Landy please).
    Sobering up vibes to Jojo's OH.

(((Hugs))) spoons and sticks all round, as needed x
    • roundtuit
    • By roundtuit 7th Sep 17, 8:25 AM
    • 380 Posts
    • 6,093 Thanks
    roundtuit
    'fixy vibes' heading your way pigpen
    Fingers crossed that granite worktop people show up Dizzy

I'm getting trying to get in to some good habits - which I'm hoping will 'fix' before I return to work full-time on 18th. Do the 'dailies' daily is the 'biggy'. I know it makes life sooo much easier if I do but....

I checked the weather forecast and it's going says it's going to rain from 5 o'clock today 'til Tuesday so I've put the WM on double quick-sharp so I can get it all done, out, dry and in by 5 o'clock!

Phased return to paid stuff has been done for this week: that's two mornings under my belt So now I can crack on... get dressed, do dailies then maybe a MAD or two.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Rx
    • roundtuit
    • By roundtuit 7th Sep 17, 10:28 AM
    • 380 Posts
    • 6,093 Thanks
    roundtuit
    WM x 2 on the line. I've also made the beds, fed the birds and put out the rubbish. WUDUPA next.

I now have a pounding head and a throbbing little finger. I think dark chocolate eaten to excess last night may be behind the headache and I caught my finger in the extending clothes post when it slipped . I didn't cry; I didn't swear; but it did make me feel slightly sick - and I squeezed the hand with the throbbing digit under the opposite armpit whilst jumping up and down (Not sure how that helped- but it seemed to)

So I'm now convinced the universe is against me completing my dailies, and looking up Loki on Wikipedia to see if he has anything to do with it

Parrots down my neck will hopefully help the headache, if not the paranoia .

Rx
    • lynnejk
    • By lynnejk 7th Sep 17, 12:25 PM
    • 4,871 Posts
    • 51,186 Thanks
    lynnejk
    Afternoon everyone

Done the dailies
    Just about to do Spanish before lunch beckons

DONE

Triffic Tuesday - Bathroom blitz....
    DONE

DONE

Thursday Thrills - Boudoir Beautification
    Open the windows W-I-D-E
    Strip the bed
    Clear floordrobe/chairdrobe/little heaps/big heaps
    make the bed with FRESH linen (mmmm) and put out clean nightclothes
    Extras
    Have a nice, long bath so you slip between your sheets clean, fresh and relaxed...
    MAD half hour - keep frog munching flyfolk

Hope you all having a great day
    Lx
    £10day..2014=3213..2015=3421..2016=3238..2017=1795....SEPT=189.80/150
    GrocC..2014=2162..2015=2083..2016=2181..2017=1337....SEPT=102.84/200
    Bulk buy.......SEPT=13.48
    GC.NSD....2015=216....2016=213....2017=126....SEPT=12/15
    SPC130x57...2014=1178...2015=1287...2016=4616. ..2017=764.96
    OS WL= -5/8 ......CC =840......Savings = £9250
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 7th Sep 17, 12:59 PM
    • 9,689 Posts
    • 104,542 Thanks
    LameWolf
    That's a shame LW. There's a distinct possibility I'm going to be in your neck of the woods in late October, if you live where I think you live. I was wondering if there was any chance of a pub hello, but not to worry if you'd rather not.
    Originally posted by Honey Bear
    LW.. you'd come meet me surely? If I promised not to bring OH or any small people to eat you, Mr Wolf could vet me first and check my references We could jelly together and hide behind our fake beards and newspapers and not speak!
    Originally posted by pigpen
    My dear friends, I would so love to get to grips with this phobia; to give you an idea, Mr LW and I met up with 2 friends that Mr LW has known for almost 30 years and I've known for 15 - we all used to play Dungeons & Dragons at C's house, and it was to commemorate 10 years since C trundled off to the Summerlands. I coped OK with D&D because I wasn't "me", I was (variously) Hazel Nutt, Fionnuala Na Yallochan, Lyssa Blackthorn, Stella Artois, Estsanatlehi and several others I can't call to mind just now...... you get the picture.
    Anyways, I bluffed my way through the evening at the pub, but spent the next 48 hours dealing with the "fallout" - reliving the entire thing, going over every tiny bit of conversation to work out what I said/did that was stupid/offensive/otherwise inappropriate - the whole nine yards. I do this every time I have to deal with Other People. I believe it ultimately comes from a very strong self-loathing on my part. I don't like me, so I can't imagine how anyone else could possibly like me.
    So I'm now convinced the universe is against me completing my dailies, and looking up Loki on Wikipedia to see if he has anything to do with it
    Originally posted by roundtuit
    Blighter's on a roll just now, if you ask me!

I'd better put in a Flying bit I suppose - Mr LW has been hoiked off the bed (he was reading) and told to dust the lounge, as we have Milly & Mia coming with their humans for a socialisation visit this afternoon - one of them (I thought it was Milly, but from my notes, I think it's actually Mia) doesn't settle easily away from their humans, so they're coming for a couple of short visits before their holiday. They're due here at 14:00. Mr LW will be on tea-making duty.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • bossymoo
    • By bossymoo 7th Sep 17, 2:52 PM
    • 6,796 Posts
    • 86,716 Thanks
    bossymoo
    Where has today gone? Not long since home, put the furries away just in time before the rain. Of course it's raining, it's Thursday, and that means football... Have got two brollies ready to go in the car...

Not a great deal achieved here. I jotted down my list, but haven't done much, although I do now have 2 pairs of pe bottoms I think should be long enough - both from same shop, both age 9 and both different lengths! Glad I took my tape measure

Also stopped in at mums for a quick cuppa and a cuddle with the tiny. I swear she's been feeding him stew and dumplings, he weighs over 6lb now, that well over a pound gained in the last 10 days! He looks like a proper baby now, rather than a teeny dolly

Found a cheap swim bag for DS, he does school swimming this year. And he was fed up yesterday as some kids got extra reward stamps for taking pe kit - honestly, first day of school, they're not going to be doing pe, rather unfair when Wednesday isn't even their pe day! So he rolled up shorts and tee in his bag this morning (he's not doing it today either! But doesn't want to miss out on stamps!) and he wants to take his swim bag tomorrow, even though they don't start till next week. Why would they do that? In the first week of the year? Meh.

/rant
    Lol

Right, I'll go get gym and football kits ready, and find some socks, my feet are cold!
    Bossymoo
    Teetering on the edge...

Sealed Pot Challenge 10 - #91
    • mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 7th Sep 17, 3:04 PM
    • 15,290 Posts
    • 195,564 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    Been in work all morning, fed Dh and he's gone back work.
    Dd2 has collected all the flowers and apples etc and is now at venue with stuff doing a hand over.
    I haven't asked about the cake they were going home from the rehearsal to finish cooking them and planing icing today! Talk about cutting it fine.
    I'm going to iron the rest of the shirts and give my dress a n quick s&s all round and will start on food for later.
    In honour of his sister ds2 has gone from patchy bleached hair to 'boring normal brown' his choice so can't see what he's moaning for.
    And as if a teenagers life isn't tough enough frank turner has decided to sell roundhouse 20-8 tickets at exactly the same time as the cemomony ( I'm glad the church has no wifi connection and is in a black spot or youngest would be on his phone buying them. Lol

Right hugs and good wishes to all of you I very much doubt I'll be on here now till after the nuptials so I'll wish you all a good firday and ask for stay dry weather vibes please.

Xx
    grocery challenge August budget £400 spent £
    SPC~10 No100 : : X4 £2,700o/t fund so far
    read your books challenge-currently on the Kings curse
    xstitch challenge 63 Celtic Christmas
    17in 2017 challenge 3/17
    • YORKSHIRELASS
    • By YORKSHIRELASS 7th Sep 17, 3:25 PM
    • 4,283 Posts
    • 34,598 Thanks
    YORKSHIRELASS
    Ah LW you and I are so alike when it comes to meeting people!

Happy wedding day in advance MrsMP! Have a lovely time x

So yesterday involved work, gym, work, feed everyone, do laundry, take DS to see a friend, work, pick DS up ... and bed. Typical day for me. In at work early so flagging now (and a bit grumpy).

On with more paid stuff - something out of the freezer for tea.
    • White_musk
    • By White_musk 7th Sep 17, 3:51 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    White_musk
    Yesterday was very much a moral boosting day for me courtesy of this thread.

I managed to give my kitchen a really good clean (apart from windows and floor) and tidied up the bits and bobs lying around. I also did a mini change-a-round to make life with my disability even easier. I wouldn't have done all of that without this thread.

Sadly, my little burst of energy has made me swell and as I have a house viewing tomorrow I daren't push my luck. So, my sheets shall remain unchanged and a flit around with a duster is going to have to wait.

It's so chilly today, I'm cuddled up on the sofa with my fur boys flicking through the tv channels, playing on line and I even squashed in a little nap.
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, wisdom to know the difference.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,877Posts Today

7,967Users online

Martin's Twitter