Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ryan2032
    • By ryan2032 3rd Sep 17, 8:14 PM
    • 75Posts
    • 6Thanks
    ryan2032
    Financial Statement
    • 3rd Sep 17, 8:14 PM
    Financial Statement 3rd Sep 17 at 8:14 PM
    I am looking to return a financial statement with an offer of a monthly payment. One question I have is they ask for my partners income. This debt is in my name only and it happened before I met and lived with my partner.

At the moment I am currently not working due to health reasons and I am a house husband. My partner does look after me financially but does her financial details need to be put on the statement?
Page 1
    • Keezing
    • By Keezing 3rd Sep 17, 8:53 PM
    • 276 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    Keezing
    • 3rd Sep 17, 8:53 PM
    • 3rd Sep 17, 8:53 PM
    I would encourage you to use the template from NEDCAB rather than a lender's own:

https://nedcab.cabmoney.org.uk/dmp.asp

You don't have to include anything that you don't want to.
  • National Debtline
    • 4th Sep 17, 11:37 AM
    • 4th Sep 17, 11:37 AM
    Hi Ryan,

You can do a sole SOA if you prefer. This should list just your income (for example, benefits, pensions etc) and just want you contribute to the household. Then, the money remaining is for your debts only.

If you have zero income and the money you are offering is what your partner is able to give, then that should be made clear to the creditor. Your SOA would read as £0 and you explain why on the cover letter. If this is the case, then perhaps negotiations are not the best solution and you could contact one of the free debt charities for more advice on the different options you have.

There is a sticky with a SOA available here - http://www.stoozing.com/calculator/soa.php and we have a budget available online as well - https://tools.nationaldebtline.org/yourbudget/

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
    • ryan2032
    • By ryan2032 13th Sep 17, 11:23 PM
    • 75 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    ryan2032
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:23 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:23 PM
    Thanks for the replies.

In my reply letter shall I mention I am house husband who is supported by my partner. Do I also mention the health condition I suffer from?
    My partner is willing to make a monthly token payment and will this be accepted?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

118Posts Today

2,076Users online

Martin's Twitter