Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jamels2
    • By jamels2 3rd Sep 17, 12:41 PM
    • 284Posts
    • 44Thanks
    jamels2
    Mobile phone without bloatware
    • 3rd Sep 17, 12:41 PM
    Mobile phone without bloatware 3rd Sep 17 at 12:41 PM
    I've got an LG K3 which only has 8gb storage.
    I like the size of the phone which is about the same as the original moto g.
    Despite being 4 years older I actually preferred the moto g it had a better screen and less bloatware.
    On the LG most of the storage is full, often to install an app i have to delete another one or clear cache.
    Should i go back to moto who have just released a moto c model that looks good and i assume is a stock android phone?
    Or are there any other suitable phones maybe the nokia 3, samsung a3 or iphone 5s?
Page 1
    • Supatramp
    • By Supatramp 6th Sep 17, 11:15 PM
    • 369 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    Supatramp
    • 6th Sep 17, 11:15 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 11:15 PM
    The Moto G5 S has 32gb built in storage. Can recommend it as both my wife and I have them.
    David.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 7th Sep 17, 8:03 AM
    • 1,310 Posts
    • 566 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 7th Sep 17, 8:03 AM
    • 7th Sep 17, 8:03 AM
    Have you tried removing the bloatware? I have a Vodafone SU6 and you can (surprisingly) remove almost all bloatware without rooting. The few apps you can't remove can be easily disabled.

I'm presuming you wouldn't be interested in rooting? (if possible on that phone)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

293Posts Today

1,499Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin