Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Katy177
    • By Katy177 3rd Sep 17, 12:38 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Katy177
    Universal Credit and Selling Prints
    • 3rd Sep 17, 12:38 PM
    Universal Credit and Selling Prints 3rd Sep 17 at 12:38 PM
    Hi there,

I'm currently working part-time (20 hrs p/W) in a supermarket but have also recently set up a Society6 account in order to sell some prints of my artwork. As it's new it's not bringing income in yet.

I was wondering if the time I spend uploading products/organising the website/promoting on social media counts towards my 35 hours for universal credit?

I'm not registered as self-employed as I am working in the supermarket also.
Page 1
    • Mersey
    • By Mersey 6th Sep 17, 1:29 PM
    • 1,601 Posts
    • 774 Thanks
    Mersey
    • 6th Sep 17, 1:29 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 1:29 PM
    Yes (organising and promoting counts towards eg 30 hrs ie full time person claiming WTC from HMRC) - although you appear to be confusing the two regimes (DWP & HMRC rules). [This isn't a criticism as the system is confusing even for DWP & HMRC staff of whom I am not one!]

You mention 35 hrs UC - I assume you mean the job search requirement in your Claimant Commitment which was agreed between yourself and a JCP Advisor?

For those UC claimants going self-employed they need to be assessed - and this has to be agreed by a JCP Advisor (only usually one or two in each JCP do this). Ask for the UC5 which explains self employed UC claimants requirements.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

631Posts Today

4,951Users online

Martin's Twitter