Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • britishboy
    • By britishboy 3rd Sep 17, 11:18 AM
    • 2,356Posts
    • 263Thanks
    britishboy
    Why does gf cough as soon as entering bathroom?
    • 3rd Sep 17, 11:18 AM
    Why does gf cough as soon as entering bathroom? 3rd Sep 17 at 11:18 AM
    My gf starts coughing (and sometimes sneezing) as soon as she enters our bathroom, she has mild asthma (not needed her inhaler for over a year though), her symptoms are almost like hayfever when she goes in there, and start within a minute of going in there. Our house is very clean, theres no mould or anything, and it doesnt effect me...

Any suggestions please?
Page 2
    • glasgowdan
    • By glasgowdan 4th Sep 17, 8:44 AM
    • 2,581 Posts
    • 2,899 Thanks
    glasgowdan
    Pretty sure this explains it all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxxsP7VWVN8
    • littlerock
    • By littlerock 7th Sep 17, 10:36 AM
    • 1,194 Posts
    • 180 Thanks
    littlerock
    Do you have any sort of dehumifidier? I had one and it set my hayfever off like anything (i think it was the crystals in it.) Stopped as soon as I got rid of it.)
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 7th Sep 17, 3:24 PM
    • 2,526 Posts
    • 2,615 Thanks
    LadyDee
    My gf starts coughing (and sometimes sneezing) as soon as she enters our bathroom, she has mild asthma (not needed her inhaler for over a year though), her symptoms are almost like hayfever when she goes in there, and start within a minute of going in there. Our house is very clean, theres no mould or anything, and it doesnt effect me...

Any suggestions please?
    Originally posted by britishboy
    As she has mild asthma she is likely to be affected by the myriad of perfumes, cleaners, sprays, toilet cleansers etc., etc. I have severe breathing difficulties and can't tolerate any perfume at all.

If she is not affected elsewhere in the house then she possibly has a reaction to one of the products. Try removing everything perfumed from the bathroom, then each day use one in situ as per usual (i..e. toilet cleanser or whatever) and see if you can identify which product is causing her problem.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

158Posts Today

1,225Users online

Martin's Twitter