Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Matt L
    • By Matt L 2nd Sep 17, 8:33 AM
    • 228Posts
    • 457Thanks
    Matt L
    Not allowed Sky Broadband
    • 2nd Sep 17, 8:33 AM
    Not allowed Sky Broadband 2nd Sep 17 at 8:33 AM
    We move into our newly built home next Tuesday so i got a deal with Sky to come and set up the TV, phone line and broadband yesterday. All was good until later in the day when i received a message from Sky telling me that my phone line and broadband had been cancelled. They explained that BT/Openreach own the cables and won't allow sky to use them..

Is this correct and does this mean we have to go with BT or is there a chance that Virgin will be allowed to use the line. I ask because BT call the down load speed will be around 1.5mb, we are currently with Virgin and our speed is 51mb..

Thanks..
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers."
Page 3
    • Matt L
    • By Matt L 9th Sep 17, 10:38 AM
    • 228 Posts
    • 457 Thanks
    Matt L
    It will be Monday now when we get to speak to the site manager, we move in Monday..

Virgin Media are very big here, they have their HQ and a huge plant....
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers."
    • Matt L
    • By Matt L 11th Sep 17, 9:07 PM
    • 228 Posts
    • 457 Thanks
    Matt L
    Ok so this is now resolved, as Lee said there was both grey and green ducting so we decided to continue with VM who will be connecting us on the 20th...
    • lee111s
    • By lee111s 12th Sep 17, 9:20 AM
    • 2,866 Posts
    • 1,950 Thanks
    lee111s
    Happy days.

Enjoy your new home
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

358Posts Today

2,532Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin