Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mingandmong
    • By Mingandmong 1st Sep 17, 10:42 PM
    • 24Posts
    • 7Thanks
    Mingandmong
    Parking fine received
    • 1st Sep 17, 10:42 PM
    Parking fine received 1st Sep 17 at 10:42 PM
    Hello all
    Can anyone help with a little advise
    My car was parked iin a small private car park approx 40 cars and purchased my ticket and placed on the windscreen when I got back there was a notice under the wiper
    I saw that the tcket had fallen off and into the drivers door pocket ( I still have the ticket)
    The company who issued this was es parking enforcement ltd of Preston
    This was on the 7th of August it stated visit the website after 24 hrs for evidence
    I did nothing.. even after a week no evidence then on the 31st of August 2017 I received through the post my details gained via DVLA and the photographic evidence and to pay £100 this is 24 days after the event I have instructed the company to view the ccctv of me paying as nobody else entered the car park at the time what is the liikleyhood of my my appeal being upheld
    Last edited by Mingandmong; 02-09-2017 at 1:44 PM. Reason: As per forum reques
Page 3
    • Mingandmong
    • By Mingandmong 15th Sep 17, 11:02 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Mingandmong
    No but gettintg a ppc and you have paid but fallen off the windscreen though I believe no fault of my own and reciving a £100 slap has caused me distress
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Sep 17, 11:05 PM
    • 50,024 Posts
    • 63,421 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes, but not having planning permission for the sign/cameras does not make parking charges illegal.

Google it. This subject has been discussed to death for a couple of years with all sorts of FOI requests to councils. Nothing doing, no big deal, no silver bullet.

And I can only apeal to IAS about the decision and no new mitigating circumstances
    Not sure why you are even reading their daft letter. Ignore them like everyone here is advised to do, with an IPC member firm.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Mingandmong
    • By Mingandmong 15th Sep 17, 11:25 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Mingandmong
    Hi Coupon-mad
    My instance is not about cameras or sinagage
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Sep 17, 11:28 PM
    • 50,024 Posts
    • 63,421 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    But it's about planning permission, and that gets nowhere. I don't take pm's either!
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Mingandmong
    • By Mingandmong 15th Sep 17, 11:44 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Mingandmong
    So I cannot win in court if the land owner has actually breached planning regs
    Last edited by Mingandmong; 15-09-2017 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Update
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Sep 17, 11:50 PM
    • 50,024 Posts
    • 63,421 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    No, because what's that got to do with the parking firm who will allege they could put up signs anywhere and create a contract with you, and any PP failure is not theirs, nor does it negate the contract they are alleging.

However, we do win 99% of the time in well-defended court claim cases, on other grounds.

• Mingandmong
    • By Mingandmong 15th Sep 17, 11:56 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Mingandmong
    So if a private land that has not got planning permission for an extra 10% of its spaces. How can this be enforced by a ppc as to which spaces that have enforcement over
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Sep 17, 12:02 AM
    • 50,024 Posts
    • 63,421 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Because the PPC will say that's not their problem, and the contract on signs is what's in play. I'm not saying that would not form part of a defence - sounds like it would be worth stating - but you might never even get a claim anyway.

• Mingandmong
    • By Mingandmong 16th Sep 17, 12:10 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Mingandmong
    I hope that the council enforcement officer will conclude my claim

My argument would be that if I parked in a space that did not have planning permission then they acted illegally or would this confir that all. Spaces are covered by said contract whether planning consent is agread or not
    Last edited by Mingandmong; 16-09-2017 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Upfate
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Sep 17, 12:14 AM
    • 50,024 Posts
    • 63,421 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Spaces are covered by said contract whether planning consent is abreast or not
    Well, that's what the PPC will say when you (might) have to argue the toss with them in small claims, should they try a claim in your case. Good luck with the Council Enforcement complaint - make sure you do this by letter or email and keep that complaint exchange, as evidence about the spaces.

As I said it may be useful in defence. Not a silver bullet, just a stepping stone among several others, to win at a hearing (we've only lost one in over a year).

• Mingandmong
    • By Mingandmong 16th Sep 17, 12:30 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Mingandmong
    I have made a compliaint to the local council enforcement officer
    I have also raised a complint regarding the the none existent of disabled parking that they applied for in the planning permission
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Sep 17, 12:33 AM
    • 50,024 Posts
    • 63,421 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I like your tenacity!

• Mingandmong
    • By Mingandmong 16th Sep 17, 12:48 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Mingandmong
    Thanx Coupon -m...
    How can the ppc enforce said illegal parking if said spaces do not have planning permission in the first instance i.e. They are not deemed as parking spaces due to no planning permisssion
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Sep 17, 12:55 AM
    • 50,024 Posts
    • 63,421 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I'm not disagreeing, I do agree with what you say and it's an argument for any court defence.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 16th Sep 17, 10:07 AM
    • 14,537 Posts
    • 22,880 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Maybe a good example of why I don't take PMs! The inbox would be chokker in no time!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,783Posts Today

6,839Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin