Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mingandmong
    • By Mingandmong 1st Sep 17, 10:42 PM
    • 24Posts
    • 7Thanks
    Mingandmong
    Parking fine received
    • 1st Sep 17, 10:42 PM
    Parking fine received 1st Sep 17 at 10:42 PM
    Hello all
    Can anyone help with a little advise
    My car was parked iin a small private car park approx 40 cars and purchased my ticket and placed on the windscreen when I got back there was a notice under the wiper
    I saw that the tcket had fallen off and into the drivers door pocket ( I still have the ticket)
    The company who issued this was es parking enforcement ltd of Preston
    This was on the 7th of August it stated visit the website after 24 hrs for evidence
    I did nothing.. even after a week no evidence then on the 31st of August 2017 I received through the post my details gained via DVLA and the photographic evidence and to pay £100 this is 24 days after the event I have instructed the company to view the ccctv of me paying as nobody else entered the car park at the time what is the liikleyhood of my my appeal being upheld
    Last edited by Mingandmong; 02-09-2017 at 1:44 PM. Reason: As per forum reques
Page 2
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 8th Sep 17, 10:58 PM
    • 15,432 Posts
    • 24,135 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I do understand the response in # 17
    I just want some clarity on any failiures by the ppc in sendind out the NTK on the dates stated
    Originally posted by Mingandmong
    My post #17 still applies. Why do you query it? As I've said previously, this is the hybrid NtD (or whatever it is) that is being used by Excel/VCS which the DVLA are turning a blind eye to.

Other than pile in with another complaint to David Dunford of the DVLA about the confusion created by this kind of 'ticket', as this is an IPC operator, there's not much else you can do after the initial appeal (as per the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1) for an IPC operator, than await any court papers where you will defend the charge with help from this forum.

The key is the failure of the DVLA to stamp on this practice.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Mingandmong
    • By Mingandmong 8th Sep 17, 11:18 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Mingandmong
    Hi I did email DVLA
    Mr XXXXXX

Thank you for the quick response. From what I can see of the document that has been affixed to the vehicle, DVLA has been advised that these "notices" should not be considered as a "notice to driver" but are meant to serve as an indicator that a breach of parking has occurred and a notice will be issued in the post. In circumstances where a "notice to driver" has not been affixed to the vehicle, the company may make a request to obtain the vehicle keeper details immediately to allow a "notice to keeper" to be issued by post. DVLA's current view is that this still meets the reasonable cause criteria for the release of information.

If the alleged breach of parking conditions was challenged or paid following the placement of this "notice" there would be no need for the company to request vehicle keeper data from DVLA.

DVLA has raised some concerns with this process with the International Parking Community who have stated that they are looking to amend the code of practice to include references to this process to ensure transparency.

I can only advise that if you feel the notice was issued unfairly, you should use the appeals process in place to challenge this or raise your concerns with the IPC directly.

Unfortunately I can offer no further advice at this time.
    • Mingandmong
    • By Mingandmong 8th Sep 17, 11:37 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Mingandmong
    It would aparear that the ipc has circumvented the NTD and allowing 28 days to pay or appeal
    And applied for a NTK prior to 28 days to speed up the process to get the ££££ from the register driver
    • prowla
    • By prowla 8th Sep 17, 11:45 PM
    • 9,555 Posts
    • 7,590 Thanks
    prowla
    Just as an avoidance note; I keep a clothes peg in the car and use it to hold my parking ticket in place when I go places which require tickets.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Sep 17, 11:50 PM
    • 51,473 Posts
    • 65,061 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes indeed, you should search 'myparkingcharge.co.uk' and read all the threads where we've stated what you are saying now. It is a scandal that the IPC are moving the goalposts with a pretend PCN, saying ''this is not a PCN'' and have told the DVLA that it's all OK because they'll just change the CoP to allow for it.

Unfair business practice IMHO, these ''fake'' PCNs. Drivers and keepers have no idea where they are in the process, and the procedure doesn't follow the POFA Schedule 4, nor is it a non-POFA PCN. It's not a PCN!

I think people need to bombard Trading Standards at their local Councils with complaints about this - it is patently unfair, unclear, lacks transparency even if written into the rubbishy 'CoP' and is against the clear intentions of Parliament when they (badly) drafted the POFA Schedule 4.

Just as an avoidance note; I keep a clothes peg in the car and use it to hold my parking ticket in place when I go places which require tickets.
    Originally posted by prowla
    Yep - I keep a small blob of Blutack in my glovebox especially for any PDT ticket.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Sep 17, 8:39 AM
    • 15,432 Posts
    • 24,135 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    DVLA has raised some concerns with this process with the International Parking Community who have stated that they are looking to amend the code of practice to include references to this process to ensure transparency.
    So that makes it all OK then!

I can only advise that if you feel the notice was issued unfairly, you should use the appeals process in place to challenge this or raise your concerns with the IPC directly
    Yeah, right. Try to save your life by jumping off a cliff!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Mingandmong
    • By Mingandmong 9th Sep 17, 8:46 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Mingandmong
    (4) The right under this paragraph may only be exercised after the end of the period of 28 days beginning with the day on which the notice to keeper is given.

Ipc
    14. Predatory Tactics
    14.1 You must not use predatory or misleading tactics so as to lure drivers into incurring parking charges. Such instances will be viewed as a serious instance of non-compliance and will be dealt with under the sanc ons system as de ned in schedule 2 to the Code.
    Last edited by Mingandmong; 09-09-2017 at 8:53 AM. Reason: Update
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 9th Sep 17, 9:14 AM
    • 6,333 Posts
    • 8,144 Thanks
    beamerguy
    (4)
    Ipc
    14. Predatory Tactics
    14.1 You must not use predatory or misleading tactics so as to lure drivers into incurring parking charges. Such instances will be viewed as a serious instance of non-compliance and will be dealt with under the sanc ons system as de ned in schedule 2 to the Code.
    Such a huge joke. WOW scary for the PPC members who
    don't give a toss

THE IPC KANGAROO PLAN
    Pay us your membership fees and our IAS unregulated division
    will ensure you will win .... stuff the motorist
    Carry on Scamming members, we will always back you
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Mingandmong
    • By Mingandmong 9th Sep 17, 4:32 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Mingandmong
    I have re-read the PCN that I received through the post (keeper details requested from DVLA to send the PCN to me)

Dear sir/Madam
    Please read this notice and act upon it immediately.We are writing to you as you are the registered keeper of motor vehicle namely a Xxxxxxxxx
    With the registration number xxxxxxx in relation to a parking charge notice incurred on the xx/xx/2017 at xxxx

It now take it this that the ppc using their own letter that a parking charge notice was issued on said date for use in my appeal to the IPC and my court apeal if nesecerry
    Last edited by Mingandmong; 09-09-2017 at 7:27 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Sep 17, 8:05 PM
    • 51,473 Posts
    • 65,061 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes...in fact I would try this tactic to make them insert their foot in their mouth:

Write to or email the PPC, and say:

No Parking charge notice was found on the car, so why does their letter say that it is ''in relation to a parking charge notice incurred on the xx/xx/2017 at xxxx''?

Do they have any photos of the Parking Charge Notice on the car?

And can you also have photos of the terms and how close the sign was to the car?

Finish by saying that the driver did pay and display (copy of PDT attached) but did not agree to or saw any large lettering about paying an extortionate £100, and does not believe that a contravention occurred, nor that a Notice to Driver was placed on the windscreen, and as the keeper you require their proof of the above.

(I've deliberately written that in the hope they reply proving/saying that a PCN was served).
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Mingandmong
    • By Mingandmong 15th Sep 17, 10:02 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Mingandmong
    Decision from the ppc apeal received in the post yesterday, Decision upheld

My apeal was that I had purchased a ticket (proof sent) and that I had displayed at the time of parking (fell of windscreen)

PCN stated failing to pay and display ...

Apeal letter outcome now states failing to display.. and the £ is now due with a 40% discount
    I can appeal to another apealing body IAS but the fine reverts back to the original sum of £100
    So they drop the I paid and want to screw me for the £100.... knowing I paid in the first instance
    And I can only apeal to IAS about the decision and no new mitigating circumstances
    Last edited by Mingandmong; 15-09-2017 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Update
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th Sep 17, 10:08 PM
    • 15,432 Posts
    • 24,135 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Ignore anything now unless they issue a LBC or real court claim; come back if you get either.

• Mingandmong
    • By Mingandmong 15th Sep 17, 10:14 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Mingandmong
    I now have mitigating curcustances which you you would not believe pm for the info due to ppc monitoring this site ... my info is hot and will potentially lead to a court case against the ppc
    I don't fancy posting in an open forum but if you have replied to my post I will update you on what I have so far
    Last edited by Mingandmong; 15-09-2017 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Update
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 15th Sep 17, 10:19 PM
    • 33,227 Posts
    • 17,175 Thanks
    Quentin
    Beware engaging with anyone who pms you unless they have a very high post count and have been here a long time.

There are vipers in our midst!
    • Mingandmong
    • By Mingandmong 15th Sep 17, 10:28 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Mingandmong
    Thanx Quentin I tried to pm a high poster but was closed to pm
    I am genuine and now have a genuine case against the ppc but I don't want to enclose on a public forum incase it jepadises my case. This is a breach of planning permission case and not the usual I did not overstay And could benefit lots of motorists when conluded I started the ball rolling yesterday
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Sep 17, 10:38 PM
    • 51,473 Posts
    • 65,061 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Breach of planning permission gets nowhere.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th Sep 17, 10:41 PM
    • 15,432 Posts
    • 24,135 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    This is a breach of planning permission case and not the usual I did not overstay
    Don't mean to throw cold water on this, but this has been put forward to a number of judges in the past, to which they have said (paraphrasing), "If the local council is not taking forward a prosecution, them I'm not getting involved".

Sorry, but I don't do PMs, previously inundated by them, as well as too many random oddballs piling in with aggressive demands for personal attention - as if they own me. No more! Spoiled it for the genuine.

• Mingandmong
    • By Mingandmong 15th Sep 17, 10:43 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Mingandmong
    Hi Coupon-mad
    Ohh I thought I had a case in the small claims for all the distress this has caused me
    Last edited by Mingandmong; 15-09-2017 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Update
    • Mingandmong
    • By Mingandmong 15th Sep 17, 10:53 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Mingandmong
    You would have thought a breach of planning permission would make it the the ppc could not issue PCN due to the breach
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 15th Sep 17, 10:57 PM
    • 4,424 Posts
    • 2,754 Thanks
    KeithP
    Hi Coupon-mad
    Ohh I thought I had a case in the small claims for all the distress this has caused me
    What?? No planning permission caused you great stress?

Surely not.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

189Posts Today

1,411Users online

Martin's Twitter