Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wizzywig27
    • By wizzywig27 1st Sep 17, 6:28 PM
    • 983Posts
    • 689Thanks
    wizzywig27
    Wrong name
    • 1st Sep 17, 6:28 PM
    Wrong name 1st Sep 17 at 6:28 PM
    I applied for bank account which was accepted, due to my stupid keyboard keys sticking I've put wrong name in. For example instead of Stephenson it's Stehensn (two letters missing). This is 100% my error. All other data, address, DOB, salary etc is correct.

I've called the bank who suggested going into branch to change address (With ID) and I will do that tomorrow.

Ive asked them if they can do anything with the search (update it etc) and they said there is nothing they can do.

I am worried about CIFAS markers or even N Hunter showing. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
Page 1
    • wizzywig27
    • By wizzywig27 6th Sep 17, 10:58 PM
    • 983 Posts
    • 689 Thanks
    wizzywig27
    • 6th Sep 17, 10:58 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 10:58 PM
    Anyone got any advice?
    • Sparx
    • By Sparx 6th Sep 17, 11:58 PM
    • 763 Posts
    • 412 Thanks
    Sparx
    • 6th Sep 17, 11:58 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 11:58 PM
    What are you worried about? Just go in branch with your ID they will correct the spelling mistake, update the account and your credit file. Job done.

You will not get a CIFAS marker for a spelling mistake, if it's truly as you said. You aren't misrepresenting and trying to be someone different - are you?
    • wizzywig27
    • By wizzywig27 7th Sep 17, 7:18 AM
    • 983 Posts
    • 689 Thanks
    wizzywig27
    • 7th Sep 17, 7:18 AM
    • 7th Sep 17, 7:18 AM
    What are you worried about? Just go in branch with your ID they will correct the spelling mistake, update the account and your credit file. Job done.

You will not get a CIFAS marker for a spelling mistake, if it's truly as you said. You aren't misrepresenting and trying to be someone different - are you?
    Originally posted by Sparx
    No, was a genuine mistake. I'm worried about a search appearing under a different name, the account has now been updated
    • Sparx
    • By Sparx 7th Sep 17, 9:51 PM
    • 763 Posts
    • 412 Thanks
    Sparx
    • 7th Sep 17, 9:51 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 9:51 PM
    It doesn't matter - will not impact you in anyway at all.
    • Fireflyaway
    • By Fireflyaway 9th Sep 17, 5:37 PM
    • 1,296 Posts
    • 1,318 Thanks
    Fireflyaway
    • 9th Sep 17, 5:37 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 5:37 PM
    I doubt it will make much difference. My husband has an unusual surname. He has a bank account with one spelling, a phone contract under another and another bank account with a third.
    Having said that, I would get it changed. For something like a mortgage application especially, you need to be accurate.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

178Posts Today

2,290Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin