Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Clarelorna
    • By Clarelorna 1st Sep 17, 4:48 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Clarelorna
    NPE fine
    • 1st Sep 17, 4:48 PM
    NPE fine 1st Sep 17 at 4:48 PM
    I went to use the local shop in my sisters car and stupidly parked in one of the yellow bays, all the parking restrictions i thought looked the same however after now going back today to check there, is an extra line saying if you park within the yellow bay you need to be on a registered database. As a result she has received the letter saying she had parked wrong and needs to pay the fine, i have read the sticky and my sister wants to provide them with my details and then i pay the fine she doesn't want to try and appeal this, so my question is when i receive the fine should i try and appeal this as i know i have in hind site i parked in the wrong place but it wasnt that clear and the car park is for a number of businesses within. thanks Clare
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 1st Sep 17, 5:07 PM
    • 16,487 Posts
    • 20,647 Thanks
    Redx
    • 1st Sep 17, 5:07 PM
    • 1st Sep 17, 5:07 PM
    only you can decide if you want to pay up or fight

its not a "fine" , its an invoice , and NPE have 6 years to issue a court case

if the RK names the driver, its no longer their problem

I would never advise people to pay sc@mmers or ex-clampers, but as an adult yourself , its your choice to make , not ours
    Last edited by Redx; 11-09-2017 at 8:42 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Clarelorna
    • By Clarelorna 1st Sep 17, 5:12 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Clarelorna
    • 1st Sep 17, 5:12 PM
    • 1st Sep 17, 5:12 PM
    I dont want to pay it i just thought morally should i, but your right its not really a fine so will try and follow the steps when i recieve it thank you
    • Redx
    • By Redx 1st Sep 17, 5:16 PM
    • 16,487 Posts
    • 20,647 Thanks
    Redx
    • 1st Sep 17, 5:16 PM
    • 1st Sep 17, 5:16 PM
    those steps will be

appeal ONCE using the black text IPC template

NPE will decline the appeal and say it stands

ignore the IAS stage

then its ignore for 6 years unless you get an LBC or an MCOL

any appeal or defence will be about landholder contracts , signage etc

ie:- winning on a technicality
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 1st Sep 17, 6:12 PM
    • 2,580 Posts
    • 3,839 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 1st Sep 17, 6:12 PM
    • 1st Sep 17, 6:12 PM
    I dont want to pay it i just thought morally should i, but your right its not really a fine so will try and follow the steps when i recieve it thank you
    Originally posted by Clarelorna
    Morals and PPC's are rarely mentioned in the same sentence!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 1st Sep 17, 9:14 PM
    • 51,470 Posts
    • 65,059 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 1st Sep 17, 9:14 PM
    • 1st Sep 17, 9:14 PM
    Originally posted by Clarelorna
    Morally, NPE should be banned from operating:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=115495

See the links I posted there as SRM, post #9. Don't tell me that morally, you might pay this bunch!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• w234
    • By w234 11th Sep 17, 8:29 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    w234
    • 11th Sep 17, 8:29 PM
    Parking Charge Notice from NPE
    • 11th Sep 17, 8:29 PM
    Hi

I've received a parking charge notice (PCN) notice to keeper on 2nd of August from NPE. We were on holiday then so once we've came back the 21 days to appeal were gone.

Received the Final reminder on 6th Of September and I definitely want to appeal! I've already won 2 appeals to POPLA back in 2014 thanks to you guys!

What's the best way of appealing now? Should I do it via email to: appeals@parkingprotection.co.uk as it's stated in the letter? Is it not too late?

Your advice would be most welcome!

Have you got a template I could use to appeal after I adjust it first of course...

Thanks
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Sep 17, 8:36 PM
    • 15,432 Posts
    • 24,135 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 11th Sep 17, 8:36 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 8:36 PM
    Hi

I've received a parking charge notice (PCN) notice to keeper on 2nd of August from NPE. We were on holiday then so once we've came back the 21 days to appeal were gone.

Received the Final reminder on 6th Of September and I definitely want to appeal! I've already won 2 appeals to POPLA back in 2014 thanks to you guys!

What's the best way of appealing now? Should I do it via email to: appeals@parkingprotection.co.uk as it's stated in the letter? Is it not too late?

Your advice would be most welcome!

Have you got a template I could use to appeal after I adjust it first of course...

Thanks
    Originally posted by w234
    If this is National Parking Enforcement you've no chance of a POPLA appeal as they are members of the IPC which does not have POPLA as a second stage appeals provider.

You need to read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post # 1 and post # 3 to understand your options re IPC operators.

Then any more questions, please open your own thread as the forum works on one case - one thread, to avoid any confusion as to whom advice is being given.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,105Posts Today

5,091Users online

Martin's Twitter