Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • quoit
    • By quoit 1st Sep 17, 3:49 PM
    • 50Posts
    • 22Thanks
    quoit
    Major overhaul of Sky Sports has cost me money
    • 1st Sep 17, 3:49 PM
    Major overhaul of Sky Sports has cost me money 1st Sep 17 at 3:49 PM
    Anyone else on a discounted Sky subscription package been hit by a price hike due to changes and re-branding of Sky Sports package back in July?

Prior to the changes, my discounted monthly package was as follows:

Box Sets with Sports = £65.50
    Less 60% discount = (£39.30)
    Monthly Bill = £26.20

Since the re-branding of the Sky Sports package, I'll now be charged the following:

Box Sets = £38.00
    Less 60% discount = (£22.80)
    Sky Sports Complete Pack = £27.50
    Monthly Bill = £42.70

Therefore the 60% discount now only applies to the Box Sets portion of the subscription, whilst Sky Sports is charged at full price.

According to my recent Sky bill... "This change is due to the re-branding of the Sky Sports package" and "because you added or removed something from your package during or around this billing period"

Well actually, I didn't add or remove anything from my package.

Sky did all that!

All very sneaky IMO.

Time to cancel my subscription... AGAIN.
Page 2
    • cupidstunt
    • By cupidstunt 1st Oct 17, 10:00 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    cupidstunt
    Sky have just billed me for £102 this month, my 75% deal ends in January, usual charge = £36pm for full Sky & Sky Q. Not happy
    • custardy
    • By custardy 1st Oct 17, 10:28 AM
    • 32,489 Posts
    • 27,241 Thanks
    custardy
    Just checked. My bill hasnt changed.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 2nd Oct 17, 8:53 AM
    • 4,496 Posts
    • 1,841 Thanks
    brewerdave
    As expected, bill for October is still nonsense after the end of month update -its taken the agreed discount for Sky Sports pack off for the last 58 days of my deal! On the phone now waiting to sort and cancel!!

EDIT -Got thru to Scottish call centre -they have now agreed a credit of £30.70 to be applied to October bill. SHOULD update by tomorrow.
    Haven't given notice yet so I'll pay a couple of days extra at "full price" - didn't want to risk a c**kup on the final bill as well!!
    Last edited by brewerdave; 02-10-2017 at 9:10 AM.
    • Dawning
    • By Dawning 3rd Oct 17, 8:13 AM
    • 470 Posts
    • 1,017 Thanks
    Dawning
    I'm keeping my powder dry til Monday to see if the actual next bill is still wrong -whether it is or not I'll be phoning to put in my cancellation.
    Originally posted by brewerdave
    I've just seen your most recent post about getting through to the call centre. Well done on that, I've been trying every day for over a week!
    My October bill in My Sky shows too high again, as does the bill for November.

I'm off work this morning so will try to get through on the phone again. Every time I've called them I got a recorded message saying they're all being trained. New SMS thing didn't work for me.

• Dawning
    • By Dawning 3rd Oct 17, 8:14 AM
    • 470 Posts
    • 1,017 Thanks
    Dawning
    Sky have just billed me for £102 this month, my 75% deal ends in January, usual charge = £36pm for full Sky & Sky Q. Not happy
    Originally posted by cupidstunt
    Good luck trying to get it sorted out. Please update on this thread.

• brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 3rd Oct 17, 9:41 AM
    • 4,496 Posts
    • 1,841 Thanks
    brewerdave
    As expected, bill for October is still nonsense after the end of month update -its taken the agreed discount for Sky Sports pack off for the last 58 days of my deal! On the phone now waiting to sort and cancel!!

EDIT -Got thru to Scottish call centre -they have now agreed a credit of £30.70 to be applied to October bill. SHOULD update by tomorrow.
    Haven't given notice yet so I'll pay a couple of days extra at "full price" - didn't want to risk a c**kup on the final bill as well!!
    SUCCESS !! The bill for 0ctober 14th has updated to show a credit of £30.70,thus reducing my DD back to what it should be.
    HOWEVER, the way it has been done shows what a mess Sky have got themselves in.
    That £30.70 credit is actually broken down into 5 individual credits -only two of them appear to relate directly to debits shown on the bill -which is now about two pages long in breakdown
    I'll give it til Thursday now before phoning to cancel with 31 days notice!!
    • Dawning
    • By Dawning 3rd Oct 17, 10:59 AM
    • 470 Posts
    • 1,017 Thanks
    Dawning
    SUCCESS !! The bill for 0ctober 14th has updated to show a credit of £30.70,thus reducing my DD back to what it should be.
    HOWEVER, the way it has been done shows what a mess Sky have got themselves in.
    That £30.70 credit is actually broken down into 5 individual credits -only two of them appear to relate directly to debits shown on the bill -which is now about two pages long in breakdown
    Well done on getting it sorted!
    Can I ask what time of day you called them and managed to speak to someone? I'm getting myself very wound up having been sat on hold for hours this past week or so.

• brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 3rd Oct 17, 11:14 AM
    • 4,496 Posts
    • 1,841 Thanks
    brewerdave
    I phoned at 8:15am - got thru in ~ 10 mins.
    • Dawning
    • By Dawning 3rd Oct 17, 1:00 PM
    • 470 Posts
    • 1,017 Thanks
    Dawning
    I phoned at 8:15am - got thru in ~ 10 mins.
    Great, thanks. I've tried twice today but will leave it now and try in the morning.

• NineDeuce
    • By NineDeuce 3rd Oct 17, 1:02 PM
    • 299 Posts
    • 242 Thanks
    NineDeuce
    Sneaky? Did you know they are owned by Rupert Murdoch?
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 4th Oct 17, 3:51 PM
    • 4,496 Posts
    • 1,841 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Well....decided to put my cancellation notice in today via Chat -took about 15 minutes wait to get on ,then the usual interminable Qs eg what is my favourite part of Sky? etc etc.
    After about 20 minutes of toing and froing I was made an offer of 50% off of Sports and Box Sets but full price Sports HD pack and the infamous admin fee!
    Declined .....agent said he would speak to his manager but nothing.........silence from Sky Agent.
    After about 10 minutes my mobile rang, the Sky adviser wanted to know why I had ended chat!!!
    Over the phone he upped the offer to 60% off but wouldn't budge on the full price for HD pack. I asked him to remove the admin charge which he again couldn't do...but he said that he would give me a credit in the upcoming bill! I then accepted.
    Just looked at this next bill.....and it is completely indescipherable ,running to two full pages of debits and credits-but about £7 less than I've calculated! The month after then shows the new monthly rate and the £10 admin charge.
    Overall I think that I've been charged about £2.85 of the admin charge still ...but I've lost the will to carry on
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

68Posts Today

2,931Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin