Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bees**knees
    • By bees**knees 1st Sep 17, 1:49 PM
    • 1,109Posts
    • 40,467Thanks
    bees**knees
    Volunteer needed ( no longer needed )
    • 1st Sep 17, 1:49 PM
    Volunteer needed ( no longer needed ) 1st Sep 17 at 1:49 PM
    ETA : We have a volunteer to give the Mag Dailies lists a try - many thanks to xLuckyxAshxWinsx, who is taking over very shortly and is working on a new thread

A volunteer is needed to take over the Mag Dailies thread which is in the Regular competitions section.
    I have been keeping the list up to date since the beginning of April. At that time no-one volunteered to take it over and I said I would do it through the summer for 6 months
    From the end of September until the beginning of March I am overseas and out of comping for a lot of the time and will be unable to keep the list up to date.

There has been plenty of discussion about the Mag Dailies thread as it does involve time and effort in its current form. It is quite a commitment.

It seems to me there are 3 options:

1. Continue as it is at present with one person volunteering to keep the list up to date

2. Split the ( increasing ) number of magazines between 2 people to reduce the work load and run it as 2 threads - this is dependent on 2 people stepping forward

3. In the event that no-one volunteers then the list will become a link to each magazines main comp page only. I will still keep an eye on it but the links to individual comps and their answers will wind down. Hopefully the fantastic work posting the comps and answers on the main board, which is done at the moment by fire**fly, jamboDP, and xLuckyxAshxWinsx, will continue. (My special thanks to them )

If anyone has any other suggestions then please speak up.

If anyone is interested in volunteering Im happy to answer any questions about what is involved
    I will bump this post occasionally so that more people get to see it.
    Last edited by bees**knees; 11-09-2017 at 5:16 PM.
Page 2
    • Ganador
    • By Ganador 6th Sep 17, 9:58 AM
    • 37 Posts
    • 679 Thanks
    Ganador
    I wouldn't be able to commit to to maintaining a thread, but I do try to do the Mag Dailies daily, so maybe I can comment?
    I use the thread to click through to each site and then use the Prize Draws link, or All Competitions link on the site to bring up all the comps, then from that page open each one I want to enter in a new tab. I then go along entering each one, leaving the video to play while I go on to the next one - by the time I get to the end the first videos have usually finished and I go back along closing the tabs.
    If there's a new comp and the answer isn't contained in the text it's easy enough to google it or check the main board!
    I think that just a link to the magazine main competition pages, just like the C2W sites would be more than sufficient for anyones needs.
    Many thanks to all those who do/have maintained such threads.
    • BlueBella
    • By BlueBella 6th Sep 17, 10:03 AM
    • 9,105 Posts
    • 313,200 Thanks
    BlueBella
    I can probably do the advents again if no-body else wants to do it
    Originally posted by sleepyjones
    Thank you You did a wonderful job last year!
    A big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter

Don't judge my path if you haven't walked my journey...
    • toniq
    • By toniq 6th Sep 17, 11:54 AM
    • 28,045 Posts
    • 581,911 Thanks
    toniq
    Thank you You did a wonderful job last year!
    Originally posted by BlueBella
    Thought I did it last year?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5549865
    HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY! HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY!

• hertzyabazas
    • By hertzyabazas 6th Sep 17, 12:15 PM
    • 28,295 Posts
    • 5,110,671 Thanks
    hertzyabazas
    You most certainly did and a mighty fine job you did too.

sleepjones did 2015

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5346416&highlight=advent+2015
    • JamboDP
    • By JamboDP 6th Sep 17, 12:18 PM
    • 32,528 Posts
    • 6,816,548 Thanks
    JamboDP
    You most certainly did and a mighty fine job you did too.

sleepjones did 2015

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5346416&highlight=advent+2015
    Originally posted by hertzyabazas
    surprising how time flies, I did it a few years ago probably longer than I remember.
    I do it just for fun and whatever I win is a bonus
    • JamboDP
    • By JamboDP 6th Sep 17, 12:24 PM
    • 32,528 Posts
    • 6,816,548 Thanks
    JamboDP
    Great we have a volunteer for the Advents but this is about a volunteer for the Mags.
    I do it just for fun and whatever I win is a bonus
    • sleepyjones
    • By sleepyjones 6th Sep 17, 5:11 PM
    • 3,368 Posts
    • 268,424 Thanks
    sleepyjones
    bah-humbug
    • BlueBella
    • By BlueBella 6th Sep 17, 6:01 PM
    • 9,105 Posts
    • 313,200 Thanks
    BlueBella
    Oh yes so you did - sorry - Toniq, you did a great job last year! I also remember sleepyjones doing it one year...scary how fast the years are going by now!
    A big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter

Don't judge my path if you haven't walked my journey...
    • fire**fly
    • By fire**fly 7th Sep 17, 8:57 PM
    • 139,488 Posts
    • 3,921,175 Thanks
    fire**fly
    ETA : the main board posters and i are working on ways to ensure that the thread continues in some form if noone comes forward

A volunteer is needed to take over the Mag Dailies thread which is in the Regular competitions section.
    I have been keeping the list up to date since the beginning of April. At that time no-one volunteered to take it over and I said I would do it through the summer for 6 months
    From the end of September until the beginning of March I am overseas and out of comping for a lot of the time and will be unable to keep the list up to date.

There has been plenty of discussion about the Mag Dailies thread as it does involve time and effort in its current form. It is quite a commitment.

It seems to me there are 3 options:

1. Continue as it is at present with one person volunteering to keep the list up to date

2. Split the ( increasing ) number of magazines between 2 people to reduce the work load and run it as 2 threads - this is dependent on 2 people stepping forward

3. In the event that no-one volunteers then the list will become a link to each magazines main comp page only. I will still keep an eye on it but the links to individual comps and their answers will wind down. Hopefully the fantastic work posting the comps and answers on the main board, which is done at the moment by fire**fly, jamboDP, and xLuckyxAshxWinsx, will continue. (My special thanks to them )

If anyone has any other suggestions then please speak up.

If anyone is interested in volunteering Im happy to answer any questions about what is involved
    I will bump this post occasionally so that more people get to see it.
    Originally posted by bees**knees
    Thanks BluLu

The problem is that there are now 21 magazines ( and counting) some of which can have as many as 30+ competitions at any one time. You are right in that some of the mags (6) are running identical competitions though there are sometimes variations in the Q&A's and the end times and even those mags occasionally run their own comps.

Also these are not 'once only' entry as the TAB and Puzzler comps - some people enter every day so unless they do their own bookmarks it would mean continually going back through many pages for the live links and answers.

I cant get my head around how it would work running it like the TAB and Puzzler threads maybe someone else can think it through.
    If someone wants to try then that would be fine too.

At the moment there have been 2 comments saying people might be interested but no-one has PM'd me.

Please look at the thread to see the amount of time involved and look at previous discussions if you can find them. I dont want to put anyone off but you do need to know what is involved

any updates on anyone pm'ing you bees**knees for running the thread ?
    if not I think your suggestion here would maybe be the best option.

3. In the event that no-one volunteers then the list will become a link to each magazines main comp page only. I will still keep an eye on it but the links to individual comps and their answers will wind down.
    'What day is it?' asked Pooh 'It's today' squeaked Piglet, 'My favorite day' said Pooh
    A rustle in the wind reminds us a fairy is near,
    *fairysprinkles to all ..만.*
    Duchess Tinkerbell fire**fly of the Alphabetty thread

• bees**knees
    • By bees**knees 7th Sep 17, 9:10 PM
    • 1,109 Posts
    • 40,467 Thanks
    bees**knees
    Thank you fire**fly - I have not had anyone pm me.

Will leave it another few days and then make a start on a new thread which will no longer have links and answers to all the mag comps but will just contain links to each magazines main comp page.

I am hoping that you and the other 2 main board posters will continue to link the individual comps to the end of the thread so we have them all in one place.
    • Ms Chocaholic
    • By Ms Chocaholic 7th Sep 17, 9:12 PM
    • 8,650 Posts
    • 53,222 Thanks
    Ms Chocaholic
    I keep my own bookmarks (in Firefox) of the mag dailies I want to enter, sorry I can't help.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till The End

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
    • fire**fly
    • By fire**fly 7th Sep 17, 9:30 PM
    • 139,488 Posts
    • 3,921,175 Thanks
    fire**fly
    Thank you fire**fly - I have not had anyone pm me.

Will leave it another few days and then make a start on a new thread which will no longer have links and answers to all the mag comps but will just contain links to each magazines main comp page.

I am hoping that you and the other 2 main board posters will continue to link the individual comps to the end of the thread so we have them all in one place.

thanks bees**knees,
    yes, i'll continue to add the links to your new thread &
    big thank you for all your hard work doing &
    helping to sort it all out.
    'What day is it?' asked Pooh 'It's today' squeaked Piglet, 'My favorite day' said Pooh

• bees**knees
    • By bees**knees 10th Sep 17, 7:28 AM
    • 1,109 Posts
    • 40,467 Thanks
    bees**knees
    bumping post to add update:

No-one has come forward and contacted me to offer to take over the Mag dailies thread. Last chance to volunteer - I will be starting a new 'links to mags' only thread after the 14th Sept and will no longer post the individual links and answers after that time
    • Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 10th Sep 17, 7:53 AM
    • 4,169 Posts
    • 152,087 Thanks
    Marg2k8
    bumping post to add update:
    I will be starting a new 'links to mags' only thread after the 14th Sept and will no longer post the individual links and answers after that time
    Thanks bees**knees for running it up to now. I for one don't have the time to volunteer, so I think this is the best way forward.

• rugmaker
    • By rugmaker 11th Sep 17, 12:28 PM
    • 373 Posts
    • 19,822 Thanks
    rugmaker
    Just a thought. Could the job be broken up by assigning a few mags each to different people? Either in separate threads or the first few posts on a single thread, each managed by a different person? I could probably keep a few mags updated but not the whole lot. How about 4 or 5 people doing 4 or 5 mags each?
    • bees**knees
    • By bees**knees 11th Sep 17, 12:51 PM
    • 1,109 Posts
    • 40,467 Thanks
    bees**knees
    Anyone who wants to be part of a team of 4-5 contact me asap

ETA - would also need someone to start the new thread, set it all up and oversee it as I wont be around to do it
    Last edited by bees**knees; 11-09-2017 at 12:55 PM.
    • bees**knees
    • By bees**knees 11th Sep 17, 4:55 PM
    • 1,109 Posts
    • 40,467 Thanks
    bees**knees
    A Volunteer has come forward !
    We have a volunteer to give the Mag Dailies lists a try - many thanks to xLuckyxAshxWinsx, who is taking over very shortly and is working on a new thread

• fire**fly
    • By fire**fly 11th Sep 17, 5:14 PM
    • 139,488 Posts
    • 3,921,175 Thanks
    fire**fly
    brilliant news thanks bees**knees & thank you for
    keeping us all updated & all your hard work doing
    & sorting it all out
    also big thanks to xLuckyxAshxWinsx
    for volunteering

• Blulu
    • By Blulu 12th Sep 17, 8:48 AM
    • 5,213 Posts
    • 85,875 Thanks
    Blulu
    brilliant news thanks bees**knees & thank you for
    keeping us all updated & all your hard work doing
    & sorting it all out
    also big thanks to xLuckyxAshxWinsx
    for volunteering
    Originally posted by fire**fly
    Says it for me too - thanks loads to both of you

Blu X
    Comping fairy fly to me. Make my bells go tinkle.
    Get your dust out for the lads, and let me have a sprinkle.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,977Posts Today

7,748Users online

Martin's Twitter