Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bubblebobble23
    • By bubblebobble23 1st Sep 17, 4:25 AM
    • 401Posts
    • 31,961Thanks
    bubblebobble23
    Virgin Red Rock Your World
    • 1st Sep 17, 4:25 AM
    Virgin Red Rock Your World 1st Sep 17 at 4:25 AM
    Looks like there will be another code gathering challenges this month for prizes on the virgin red app! Feel free to discuss and share them here.

Please Do Not post referral codes here.

thanks!
Page 9
    • 12thalia
    • By 12thalia 13th Sep 17, 9:40 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 248 Thanks
    12thalia
    Seen on Twitter codes MYSHARONA and BOWLING FOR SOUP. I haven't found these on a site in order to verify as released by VR - has anyone else?

Posted by gifsociety

Make a note of them in view of adding them on the last day. I have seen these too but not from a verified source.
    • WishYouWereHere
    • By WishYouWereHere 13th Sep 17, 9:44 AM
    • 40 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    WishYouWereHere
    What to do? CODES
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJjr6mxW0AItvv2?format=jpg

Saw this on VR twitter .... for those who are wondering why they haven't got as many points as others and wonder if they'll ever open vaults, it's probably because others have entered codes before they have been officially released. I haven't entered the two I mentioned above - and won't until I have the official source. Doing so may mean you are not entered in future draws. I'm guessing that's why they have done the 5 out of 7 answers weekly.
    • WishYouWereHere
    • By WishYouWereHere 13th Sep 17, 9:53 AM
    • 40 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    WishYouWereHere
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Bradley37623946/status/907854306694574080/photo/1

Someone posted this too .... which seems odd. Does this mean that potentially, some codes will expire?? As far as I remember isn't Thin Lizzy official? Although it is becoming a bit blurred .... if some official or unofficial codes expire, might we then miss out on points - and the final vaults? Opinions folks?
    • Gizasmum
    • By Gizasmum 13th Sep 17, 10:03 AM
    • 141 Posts
    • 206 Thanks
    Gizasmum
    Code just up on Virgin Games FB page - worth 250 points!
    • r055c0
    • By r055c0 13th Sep 17, 10:29 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    r055c0
    Born to be wild is today's code
    • 12thalia
    • By 12thalia 13th Sep 17, 11:55 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 248 Thanks
    12thalia
    Facebook, Virgin Games code IRON MAIDEN
    • iamgifsociety
    • By iamgifsociety 13th Sep 17, 2:24 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    iamgifsociety
    Seen on Twitter codes MYSHARONA and BOWLING FOR SOUP. I haven't found these on a site in order to verify as released by VR - has anyone else?

Posted by gifsociety.
    Originally posted by WishYouWereHere
    Let me clarify those codes.

They're legitimate working codes which were created by Emily @ Virgin Red Twitter. There was a thread last night, where THIN LIZZY and GENESIS were created for two users to input and they were put on a small expiry time. Some people who were also reading the thread said they missed the time to input them and another two codes (MY SHARONA and BOWLING FOR SOUP) were created. Those two are legit as well. I would say it's fine to enter them now as they were made on the spot and I very much doubt they'll be codes for the weekly prizes.

It all begs the question though, that certain users are getting codes made for them in a thread -- not even on the Virgin Red Twitter, it was actually Virgin Media's Twitter -- that probably most people wouldn't read. I posted the image of them saying they won't have a way of knowing which ones we legitimately found and which ones we guessed. To me, that opens up a whole can of worms and I'm starting to believe this whole, 'Don't enter guessed codes or you'll miss out on weekly prizes' is just a ruse to stop people posting codes. I dunno, may be looking into it too much.

Then again, just like the El Clasico... it's only a game!

Source of Twitter thread: twitter.com/virginmedia/status/907591620597567489
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 13th Sep 17, 7:10 PM
    • 35,895 Posts
    • 151,120 Thanks
    silvercar
    MYSHARONA is actually MY SHARONA with a space in it.
    • WishYouWereHere
    • By WishYouWereHere 14th Sep 17, 8:43 AM
    • 40 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    WishYouWereHere
    Confused??!!
    Looks like there will be another code gathering challenges this month for prizes on the virgin red app! Feel free to discuss and share them here.

Please Do Not post referral codes here.

thanks!
    Originally posted by bubblebobble23
    Let me clarify those codes.

They're legitimate working codes which were created by Emily @ Virgin Red Twitter. There was a thread last night, where THIN LIZZY and GENESIS were created for two users to input and they were put on a small expiry time. Some people who were also reading the thread said they missed the time to input them and another two codes (MY SHARONA and BOWLING FOR SOUP) were created. Those two are legit as well. I would say it's fine to enter them now as they were made on the spot and I very much doubt they'll be codes for the weekly prizes.

It all begs the question though, that certain users are getting codes made for them in a thread -- not even on the Virgin Red Twitter, it was actually Virgin Media's Twitter -- that probably most people wouldn't read. I posted the image of them saying they won't have a way of knowing which ones we legitimately found and which ones we guessed. To me, that opens up a whole can of worms and I'm starting to believe this whole, 'Don't enter guessed codes or you'll miss out on weekly prizes' is just a ruse to stop people posting codes. I dunno, may be looking into it too much.

Then again, just like the El Clasico... it's only a game!

Source of Twitter thread: twitter.com/virginmedia/status/907591620597567489
    Originally posted by iamgifsociety
    Confused big time .... what do you mean that users are having codes created for them? This is becoming a bit cloak and dagger!!!
    • WishYouWereHere
    • By WishYouWereHere 14th Sep 17, 8:51 AM
    • 40 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    WishYouWereHere
    Going slightly crazy .....
    Can someone please help me out ... today is 14th .... today's code on the app: 'your next gig' is Iron maiden?? But that was also officially posted last night, but was also 'unofficially' doing the rounds days ago?

I feel like I'm going nuts here! Aagghhhhh
    • DitzyDaisy
    • By DitzyDaisy 14th Sep 17, 9:18 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    DitzyDaisy
    I thought the same thing! But I read earlier on this thread that some official codes are released a few hours early, hence today's being up last night.
    • WishYouWereHere
    • By WishYouWereHere 14th Sep 17, 9:36 AM
    • 40 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    WishYouWereHere
    DitzyDaisy
    Yeah ... I get that bit ... but I just checked out the VR twitter feed after reading gif society's explanation, and it seems GENESIS and THIN LIZZY were released for a short space of time only ... so people complained .... due to the complaints another two codes were posted MY SHARONA and BOWLING FOR SOUP ... but these only appear in the twitter chat feed if I'm still with the plot ? Hopefully gifsociety will read this and put me and others out of our misery ....

Just makes me wonder should we input all of these codes that are lurking out there, before they expire!! CLOAK AND DAGGER (that's not a code ... but it could be ... lol)
    • DitzyDaisy
    • By DitzyDaisy 14th Sep 17, 10:18 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    DitzyDaisy
    Yeah that does seem to be weird. I've no idea why codes were being created on Twitter, doesn't seem very fair though!
    • iamgifsociety
    • By iamgifsociety 14th Sep 17, 3:59 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    iamgifsociety
    Yeah ... I get that bit ... but I just checked out the VR twitter feed after reading gif society's explanation, and it seems GENESIS and THIN LIZZY were released for a short space of time only ... so people complained .... due to the complaints another two codes were posted MY SHARONA and BOWLING FOR SOUP ... but these only appear in the twitter chat feed if I'm still with the plot ? Hopefully gifsociety will read this and put me and others out of our misery ....

Just makes me wonder should we input all of these codes that are lurking out there, before they expire!! CLOAK AND DAGGER (that's not a code ... but it could be ... lol)
    Originally posted by WishYouWereHere
    You are correct!

I managed to grab all four of them and I also Tweeted them out too but it does kinda suck that if you didn't see that thread, or weren't following me, you wouldn't have known about it. I don't have a problem with VRed making up codes for anyone -- the more the merrier -- but if they do, don't make them expire and at least Tweet a clue as to where to find them so everyone can join in.
    • 12thalia
    • By 12thalia 14th Sep 17, 4:25 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 248 Thanks
    12thalia
    Day 14 and the only code I have is from the VR RYW app, which was last nights code from somewhere...Has anybody found any new codes today? Please?
    • snowflaker
    • By snowflaker 14th Sep 17, 7:13 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    snowflaker
    "Bandmates" in virgin media newsletter today. It says 100 points but only 50 for me
    • 12thalia
    • By 12thalia 14th Sep 17, 8:13 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 248 Thanks
    12thalia
    STAR works as a code. Because I just had a blank and *Note: Only certain people can see it and unfortunately, it may've already expired. #WinkWink
    • Allways
    • By Allways 15th Sep 17, 3:34 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Allways
    Bandmates didn't work for me! Did anyone else get points with this one?
    • 12thalia
    • By 12thalia 15th Sep 17, 5:48 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 248 Thanks
    12thalia
    code day 15 from VR twitter page Bohemian Rhapsody
    • WishYouWereHere
    • By WishYouWereHere 15th Sep 17, 7:36 AM
    • 40 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    WishYouWereHere
    "Bandmates" in virgin media newsletter today. It says 100 points but only 50 for me
    Originally posted by snowflaker
    Yep 50 for me too
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,535Posts Today

7,380Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @KCMurdarasi: @MartinSLewis Only 2 fluently, but I can struggle by in another 5 or so. And ask the way to the toilet in about 10 - you d?

• Today's twitter poll: How many languages do you speak (inc Eng) with reasonable fluency (eg can have decent phone chat solely in that lang)

• RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• Follow Martin