Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bubblebobble23
    • By bubblebobble23 1st Sep 17, 4:25 AM
    • 435Posts
    • 32,786Thanks
    bubblebobble23
    Virgin Red App Competition Thread!
    • 1st Sep 17, 4:25 AM
    Virgin Red App Competition Thread! 1st Sep 17 at 4:25 AM
    SO PLEASED WE ARE ALL HERE! WELCOME NEW AND OLD TO THE VIRGIN RED APP THREAD!

Big thanks to all who post answers and tips!

Please Do Not post referral codes here.

thanks!
    Last edited by bubblebobble23; 01-12-2017 at 6:59 PM.
Page 29
    • topaz13
    • By topaz13 1st Jan 18, 9:12 AM
    • 86 Posts
    • 285 Thanks
    topaz13
    Quiz answers:

Hogmanay
    U2
    France
    • Emma6766
    • By Emma6766 4th Jan 18, 7:36 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Emma6766
    Today’s quiz answers:

Cristal
    Jump out of plane
    • redbull08
    • By redbull08 7th Jan 18, 11:28 PM
    • 3,077 Posts
    • 32,209 Thanks
    redbull08
    How strange its the first week and I just went to the app
    and see I have 6/7 vaults unlocked all but 1.
    If didn't earn these points is there a glitch?
    Its impossible to have this much so early on.
    Says I have 1625 pts, nit complaining but weird.
    Anyone else?
    • Gizasmum
    • By Gizasmum 8th Jan 18, 12:26 AM
    • 161 Posts
    • 258 Thanks
    Gizasmum
    @redbull08
    If you clicked on the first tile on New Year’s Eve you got 500 points. This also awarded you a further 500 Points by end of this week. So that would account for 500 Points. How many Virgin companies are you verified with?
    Last edited by Gizasmum; 08-01-2018 at 12:33 AM.
    • 12thalia
    • By 12thalia 8th Jan 18, 5:29 AM
    • 70 Posts
    • 569 Thanks
    12thalia
    Reverse auction quiz
    Experience days
    London
    • silverfairy
    • By silverfairy 8th Jan 18, 10:20 AM
    • 1,330 Posts
    • 2,842 Thanks
    silverfairy
    How strange its the first week and I just went to the app
    and see I have 6/7 vaults unlocked all but 1.
    If didn't earn these points is there a glitch?
    Its impossible to have this much so early on.
    Says I have 1625 pts, nit complaining but weird.
    Anyone else?
    Originally posted by redbull08
    If you click on your name/profile on the top left corner it should list where you have earned your points from.The extra bonus for New Year appears to have been added on mine on Friday night or early Sat morning.However there are 2 entries for the 500 NYE
    Last edited by silverfairy; 08-01-2018 at 10:23 AM. Reason: more info
    • redbull08
    • By redbull08 8th Jan 18, 7:25 PM
    • 3,077 Posts
    • 32,209 Thanks
    redbull08
    @redbull08
    If you clicked on the first tile on New Yearís Eve you got 500 points. This also awarded you a further 500 Points by end of this week. So that would account for 500 Points. How many Virgin companies are you verified with?
    Originally posted by Gizasmum

Thanks Gizasmum
    Yes thats where my points are from, I couldn't understand how I had opened 6 vaults in a week.
    • Gizasmum
    • By Gizasmum 10th Jan 18, 9:44 AM
    • 161 Posts
    • 258 Thanks
    Gizasmum
    I always thought that to get verified with Virgin Trains or Virgin Trains East Coast that it had to be for a journey on their lines, eg between stations on the Glasgow or Edinburgh to London Virgin routes. However, I've just discovered that you can get verified with them even if you don't use their routes. You just need to book a ticket for ANY train company with them. I just did it with Virgin Trains by booking a local (Scotrail) journey online, that I'm going to actually use on Thursday to go into Glasgow. Next time I'll use VTEC to book my journey and get verified with it too. Feeling really pleased with myself
    • redbull08
    • By redbull08 10th Jan 18, 9:58 AM
    • 3,077 Posts
    • 32,209 Thanks
    redbull08
    If you click on your name/profile on the top left corner it should list where you have earned your points from.The extra bonus for New Year appears to have been added on mine on Friday night or early Sat morning.However there are 2 entries for the 500 NYE
    Originally posted by silverfairy

Thanks silverfairy, I never thought to do that 😉
    • Shamstone
    • By Shamstone 11th Jan 18, 8:20 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    Shamstone
    Superhero Quiz Answers
    Batman ��
    Superman
    Spider bite ��
    • smr1965
    • By smr1965 15th Jan 18, 12:07 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    smr1965
    Quiz 15/01/18

N62ZA
    Yellow
    • Emma6766
    • By Emma6766 17th Jan 18, 7:36 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Emma6766
    Sorry to have a moan as I love this forum but I’m so fed up with Virgin Red. I go into the app every day & complete this or that, the weekly quiz & show & tell but am only verified on Virgin Atlantic.
    My chance (or so I thought) came yesterday to get verified on Virgin Teains as I have a trip to Birmingham in February. I set my account up & booked my entire journey,which does include another train company & the London Underground, all on the virgin trains website. But still I can’t get verified! Raise a ticket through the app to customer support & hVe now been told that I can’t get verified on virgin trains as my journey did not start/finish on just a Virgin train line - what a complete waste of time. I don’t know why I bother with the app now as they get free market research from me & I get nothing in return - I have never won a single thing.
    Sorry to be a downer but seriously fed up & wish I’d used The Trainline instead to book my travel. ��
    • Gizasmum
    • By Gizasmum 17th Jan 18, 9:08 AM
    • 161 Posts
    • 258 Thanks
    Gizasmum
    @Emma6766 that's very strange about the trains. I know it's says verification is based on a Virgin Train journey, but thought I'd check for myself.

I booked a train on my local line last Monday (with Scotrail going in to Glasgow for last Thursday). I tried to verify first thing on Tuesday morning and it didn't work. I picked up my tickets from the machine shortly after and was able to get verified on Tuesday afternoon. It happened instantly.

Two questions for you -
    1) Have you printed off your tickets yet?
    2) Is your email address the same for both Virgin Red and Virgin Trains? Mine are different. After trying my Virgin Red password, I realised I needed to use the email address that I had registered for Virgin Trains in order to get verified.

PS don't tell Virgin Red that I got in the back door, lol.
    • borntoshop
    • By borntoshop 17th Jan 18, 10:10 AM
    • 2,002 Posts
    • 41,697 Thanks
    borntoshop
    I got verified by registering with VirginEast , most probably a while ago I was using trainline to book and travelling on Virgin East. I never used their site at any point to book.

If its the main Virgin it may be different as I cannot verify with them, even though I am registered as I have not taken a journey.
    • Gizasmum
    • By Gizasmum 17th Jan 18, 10:29 AM
    • 161 Posts
    • 258 Thanks
    Gizasmum
    @Borntoshop You can only get verified with Virgin Trains once you've made a purchase from it.
    • Emma6766
    • By Emma6766 17th Jan 18, 5:19 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Emma6766
    @ Gizasmum. Havenít picked up my tickets yet so will try verifying again once I have got them. I have used the same email for both VirginRed & Virgin Trains. Keep fingers crossed
    • 12thalia
    • By 12thalia 18th Jan 18, 7:31 AM
    • 70 Posts
    • 569 Thanks
    12thalia
    Virgin Limited Edition:ULUSABA quiz
    Lions
    Leopard
    Rhino
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,104Posts Today

7,643Users online

Martin's Twitter