Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • with_a_little_bit_of_luck
    • By with_a_little_bit_of_luck 31st Aug 17, 12:41 PM
    • 181Posts
    • 7,286Thanks
    with_a_little_bit_of_luck
    Prize arrived broken :(
    • 31st Aug 17, 12:41 PM
    Prize arrived broken :( 31st Aug 17 at 12:41 PM
    I recently won a competition of a baking bundle. The prize arrived Tuesday and included in the prize was a mixing bowl (a retro ceramic type) which was broken into 5 pieces
    I emailed to let them know as soon as I opened it, but although the message has been seen, no response as yet.
    I was wondering if anyone else has been in the same situation or what others would do.
Page 1
    • ANGELWINGS
    • By ANGELWINGS 31st Aug 17, 2:30 PM
    • 984 Posts
    • 11,431 Thanks
    ANGELWINGS
    • 31st Aug 17, 2:30 PM
    • 31st Aug 17, 2:30 PM
    I've had prizes arrive damaged or with items missing and I usually send a polite email with a photo attached so the provider can see the problem.
    I've rarely had any problems being issued with a replacement or a substitute and if you provide a photo of the damaged items/packaging it means the prize provider can claim compensation from the courier if they wish too / its appropriate for them to do so.
    • ChamomileTao
    • By ChamomileTao 1st Sep 17, 9:32 AM
    • 126 Posts
    • 419 Thanks
    ChamomileTao
    • 1st Sep 17, 9:32 AM
    • 1st Sep 17, 9:32 AM
    Well, unless the prize was described as ' a mixing bowl broken into 5 pieces' it's not as described and ultimately could go to the ASA, let's hope they just replace it
    • By with_a_little_bit_of_luck 1st Sep 17, 10:51 PM
    • 181 Posts
    • 7,286 Thanks
    • 1st Sep 17, 10:51 PM
    • 1st Sep 17, 10:51 PM
    Thanks for the replies ... still no reply from them regarding this. I would have thought the least they would have done is apologise but sadly no. Not sure what I should do now?
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 1st Sep 17, 11:22 PM
    • 35,198 Posts
    • 230,060 Thanks
    mjm3346
    • 1st Sep 17, 11:22 PM
    • 1st Sep 17, 11:22 PM
    Thanks for the replies ... still no reply from them regarding this. I would have thought the least they would have done is apologise but sadly no. Not sure what I should do now?
    Originally posted by with_a_little_bit_of_luck
    This is a bank holiday week and in many places the last week of the school holidays making it quite a popular week for people to be off work so it may simply be the person dealing with it is off and only urgent things are being dealt with in their absence (it may even be it has been sorted and another is already winging it's way to you).
    • By with_a_little_bit_of_luck 1st Sep 17, 11:47 PM
    • 181 Posts
    • 7,286 Thanks
    • 1st Sep 17, 11:47 PM
    • 1st Sep 17, 11:47 PM
    Your right mjm... I totally forgot to consider the bank holiday week, thanks for a different perspective

P.s your picture always makes me smile ��
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 9th Sep 17, 11:09 PM
    • 35,198 Posts
    • 230,060 Thanks
    mjm3346
    • 9th Sep 17, 11:09 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 11:09 PM
    Has there been a response yet?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

79Posts Today

2,578Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin