Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • eljapo4
    • By eljapo4 31st Aug 17, 9:25 AM
    • 115Posts
    • 116Thanks
    eljapo4
    Flying from Dublin - Travel Insurance
    • 31st Aug 17, 9:25 AM
    Flying from Dublin - Travel Insurance 31st Aug 17 at 9:25 AM
    We've a trip to Finland in the near future, I was looking into travel insurance this morning using TopCashBack but the policies I have checked state they are only valid if flying from a UK airport. Where can I get travel insurance if I am flying from/returning to Dublin? Thanks.
Page 1
    • ChrisNI
    • By ChrisNI 31st Aug 17, 10:03 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    ChrisNI
    • 31st Aug 17, 10:03 AM
    • 31st Aug 17, 10:03 AM
    I'd suggest you give the insurance company a call to verify if you are covered. In my experience when flying from Dublin, almost all the insurers I contacted have stated that as long as you are resident in the UK and are beginning your journey within the UK (i.e. when you leave your house), then they don't really care what airport you are flying from.
    • RikM
    • By RikM 31st Aug 17, 2:36 PM
    • 548 Posts
    • 294 Thanks
    RikM
    • 31st Aug 17, 2:36 PM
    • 31st Aug 17, 2:36 PM
    ditto on that. The "journey" starts in the UK, whether by car or public transport. Then continues by air. Anything else would play hell with complex journeys, multicentre holdays and flight connections
    • jenny-wren
    • By jenny-wren 11th Oct 17, 10:04 AM
    • 780 Posts
    • 330 Thanks
    jenny-wren
    • 11th Oct 17, 10:04 AM
    • 11th Oct 17, 10:04 AM
    Based on 'Which' reviews we used HolidaySafe for our last insurance. We didn't have to make a claim but they offered comprehensive cover at a reasonable price and even covered pre-existing medical conditions. Previously we've used Boots for annual worldwide travel insurance, which including a US trip from Dublin.

Most policies will cover you from your journey starting point i.e. your home in NI no matter what airport you are flying from.
    Norn Iron Club Member 330
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

199Posts Today

1,493Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin