Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ftb1992
    • By Ftb1992 31st Aug 17, 9:16 AM
    • 14Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Ftb1992
    NatWest Intermediary Solutions
    • #1
    • 31st Aug 17, 9:16 AM
    NatWest Intermediary Solutions 31st Aug 17 at 9:16 AM
    Hi all !

    Hoping for some guidance / reassurance here. Had a Decision in Principle all done and approved by NatWest through the HTB scheme. Property price £211,995, HTB 42,000 deposit £30,000 and mortgage £137,000. My salary is £33,000. The credit checks have been done for the DIP's I have had through them, the last being done this week before moving to full stage application. These show on my credit report as a search visible to other lenders which I'm told is a hard search. The broker says that once the dip is done with a hard search its 80% done providing you haven't lied at all.

    What can go wrong at this stage? I'm so nervous.
    Thanks in advance !
Page 2
    • abby28
    • By abby28 19th Sep 17, 5:07 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    abby28
    Still no change on the tracker :-(. I emailed my broker and he replied saying he is away from the office ATM but the valuation has definitely been done and he should get the offer for me any day now but he will let me know as soon as he hears anything.

    I've probably made myself worse by reading other people's stories as a lot have had their offers sooner than me.

    Can't relax until I see on the tracker that I have an offer

    Thanks for asking :/)
    • abby28
    • By abby28 19th Sep 17, 5:09 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    abby28
    Sorry forgot to ask... have you had your offer yet?
    • stu2500
    • By stu2500 19th Sep 17, 5:58 PM
    • 121 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    stu2500
    I'm awaiting our valuation to be done on Friday, this is the second time its been rescheduled as it was meant to be done on the 14th September. We've had the email from Natwest, via our broker, advising us the mortgage is approved subject to a satisfactory survey.

    Hoping to have our offer late next week.
    • Ftb1992
    • By Ftb1992 19th Sep 17, 8:43 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Ftb1992
    We got our offer yesterday afternoon. So 48 hours after the valuation. Our tracker is now on Completion which is where it'll be for a while due to it only being half built ! :-) fingers crossed for you all ! Xx
    • abby28
    • By abby28 20th Sep 17, 7:14 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    abby28
    My broker also told me that he had an email last Thursday advising once the valuation has been done I will receive my offer. Broker confirmed valuation been done but still no offer :-( I'm so impatient

    Good luck :-)
    • rchta455
    • By rchta455 3rd Oct 17, 6:07 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    rchta455
    Any of you still waiting?

    Iíve just been told that our valuation has been booked for 6 days time. I was apprehensive regarding this application and just wondered if itís good news or not?
    Iím not sure I can keep functioning with my toes and fingers crossed.....
    Good luck all.
    • pma13
    • By pma13 3rd Oct 17, 6:59 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    pma13
    I am waiting to hear off natwest the underwriters asked for bank statements which had been forwarded but accidentally missed from the application ...but money has been taken for the survey ? Surely that's a good sign. Mortgage broker advising if they don't offer they refund the money. So must be a sign that things looking good? Or why would natwest take risk of paying for a survey ?
    • stu2500
    • By stu2500 4th Oct 17, 9:05 AM
    • 121 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    stu2500
    I am waiting to hear off natwest the underwriters asked for bank statements which had been forwarded but accidentally missed from the application ...but money has been taken for the survey ? Surely that's a good sign. Mortgage broker advising if they don't offer they refund the money. So must be a sign that things looking good? Or why would natwest take risk of paying for a survey ?
    Originally posted by pma13
    Natwest take payment for survey as soon as the mortgage application is received.

    We've had our Natwest mortgage offer through a week or two ago, they were very good and turned things round quickly with no issues, we used a broker as well (ours was quite a complicated case too)
    • rchta455
    • By rchta455 4th Oct 17, 2:02 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    rchta455
    Really?
    The estate agent had the surveyors on the phone to arrange the valuation on the Monday afternoon following a late Friday submission.
    The fees were deducted yesterday afternoon. Oh well, I was hoping it was a good sign rather than standard procedure .
    • pma13
    • By pma13 5th Oct 17, 12:05 AM
    • 83 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    pma13
    Yes I was hoping positive...my survey booked for 23rd October,
    • rchta455
    • By rchta455 5th Oct 17, 7:44 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    rchta455
    Well all the best for the valuation. That seems to be quite a wait? They must be busy or the vendor is away? Iíve managed to get hold of my reference number so I can see that Natwest are still checking documents, so the underwriting is still being done. If ive heard nothing before next Monday thatís probably for the best.
    Iím hoping it all goes well as the solicitors are appointed and the vendors are ready to roll....
    • stu2500
    • By stu2500 5th Oct 17, 11:55 AM
    • 121 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    stu2500
    Well all the best for the valuation. That seems to be quite a wait? They must be busy or the vendor is away? Iíve managed to get hold of my reference number so I can see that Natwest are still checking documents, so the underwriting is still being done. If ive heard nothing before next Monday thatís probably for the best.
    Iím hoping it all goes well as the solicitors are appointed and the vendors are ready to roll....
    Originally posted by rchta455
    Our valuation was delayed a week, I think they must be busy at the moment.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

160Posts Today

1,665Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

  • Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

  • RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

  • Follow Martin