Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ftb1992
    • By Ftb1992 31st Aug 17, 9:16 AM
    • 15Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Ftb1992
    NatWest Intermediary Solutions
    • 31st Aug 17, 9:16 AM
    NatWest Intermediary Solutions 31st Aug 17 at 9:16 AM
    Hi all !

Hoping for some guidance / reassurance here. Had a Decision in Principle all done and approved by NatWest through the HTB scheme. Property price £211,995, HTB 42,000 deposit £30,000 and mortgage £137,000. My salary is £33,000. The credit checks have been done for the DIP's I have had through them, the last being done this week before moving to full stage application. These show on my credit report as a search visible to other lenders which I'm told is a hard search. The broker says that once the dip is done with a hard search its 80% done providing you haven't lied at all.

What can go wrong at this stage? I'm so nervous.
    Thanks in advance !
Page 1
    • stu2500
    • By stu2500 31st Aug 17, 10:59 AM
    • 126 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    stu2500
    • 31st Aug 17, 10:59 AM
    • 31st Aug 17, 10:59 AM
    Hi all !

Hoping for some guidance / reassurance here. Had a Decision in Principle all done and approved by NatWest through the HTB scheme. Property price £211,995, HTB 42,000 deposit £30,000 and mortgage £137,000. My salary is £33,000. The credit checks have been done for the DIP's I have had through them, the last being done this week before moving to full stage application. These show on my credit report as a search visible to other lenders which I'm told is a hard search. The broker says that once the dip is done with a hard search its 80% done providing you haven't lied at all.

What can go wrong at this stage? I'm so nervous.
    Thanks in advance !
    Originally posted by Ftb1992
    I'm in the same position, application & official DIP done last Friday. I think at this stage, the underwriters will assess and the decision will be based on their decision and the survey. Fingers crossed for both of us
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 31st Aug 17, 11:18 AM
    • 10,041 Posts
    • 3,906 Thanks
    amnblog
    • 31st Aug 17, 11:18 AM
    • 31st Aug 17, 11:18 AM
    These things take some time and you need to show some patience.

Your Broker would not put your case with a Lender when he/she expected any problems.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • Ftb1992
    • By Ftb1992 1st Sep 17, 6:48 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Ftb1992
    • 1st Sep 17, 6:48 PM
    • 1st Sep 17, 6:48 PM
    I think for us mere mortals who don't understand how this all works, it is very nerve wracking! My broker does inform me that as NatWest do hard searches at DIP stage through their intermediary service, they tend to be accurate. Fingers crossed for you stu500. I can understand why people put the stress of this up with divorce!
    • stu2500
    • By stu2500 4th Sep 17, 10:30 AM
    • 126 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    stu2500
    • 4th Sep 17, 10:30 AM
    • 4th Sep 17, 10:30 AM
    I think for us mere mortals who don't understand how this all works, it is very nerve wracking! My broker does inform me that as NatWest do hard searches at DIP stage through their intermediary service, they tend to be accurate. Fingers crossed for you stu500. I can understand why people put the stress of this up with divorce!
    Same here, very stressful time but I'm confident in my broker and he has it all in hand. We had an update on Friday advising me there was an issue with my girlfriends address (which is strange as its the same as mine) but our broker rang them and spoke with someone to get this sorted. Therefore, as of Friday 1st, our survey fee has been taken and all documents with underwriters.
    • Ftb1992
    • By Ftb1992 4th Sep 17, 1:53 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Ftb1992
    • 4th Sep 17, 1:53 PM
    • 4th Sep 17, 1:53 PM
    Hi Stu. Pleased to hear that things are all in hand for you! Fee was taken from us on Saturday the 2nd so it looks like were at about the same position! Fingers crossed for us both for a smooth purchase. Are you a first time buyer?
    • stu2500
    • By stu2500 4th Sep 17, 4:02 PM
    • 126 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    stu2500
    • 4th Sep 17, 4:02 PM
    • 4th Sep 17, 4:02 PM
    Hi Stu. Pleased to hear that things are all in hand for you! Fee was taken from us on Saturday the 2nd so it looks like were at about the same position! Fingers crossed for us both for a smooth purchase. Are you a first time buyer?
    Same to you, fingers crossed.

Our survey has been instructed for 14th September (as advised today). I'm a first time buyer, but my girlfriend isn't (we're keeping her property as a BTL in the background). I'll be relieved once the mortgage is approved and we have our offer, all we need then is for the family in the property we're buying to find somewhere.
    • Ftb1992
    • By Ftb1992 4th Sep 17, 5:07 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Ftb1992
    • 4th Sep 17, 5:07 PM
    • 4th Sep 17, 5:07 PM
    Same to you, fingers crossed.

Our survey has been instructed for 14th September (as advised today). I'm a first time buyer, but my girlfriend isn't (we're keeping her property as a BTL in the background). I'll be relieved once the mortgage is approved and we have our offer, all we need then is for the family in the property we're buying to find somewhere.
    Originally posted by stu2500
    Oh good! I hope we get ours through soon, you seem to be about a day ahead of us! We're lucky in that we are buying a new build so we have to exchange asap. Once the mortgage offer is sorted I think I might relax... maybe
    • MrCH
    • By MrCH 4th Sep 17, 11:34 PM
    • 72 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    MrCH
    • 4th Sep 17, 11:34 PM
    • 4th Sep 17, 11:34 PM
    Your valuation will be done.
    Natwest will properly check your credit report then to see if there is anything bad on it.

Then you will get your offer.
    • Ftb1992
    • By Ftb1992 5th Sep 17, 7:32 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Ftb1992
    Your valuation will be done.
    Natwest will properly check your credit report then to see if there is anything bad on it.

Then you will get your offer.
    Originally posted by MrCH
    Hi thanks for your reply!

Broker thinks NatWest have already done hard search. Online tracker shows as documents having been checked. Valuation fee been taken, so I hope it's all going ok? How is yours going ?
    • MrCH
    • By MrCH 5th Sep 17, 8:31 PM
    • 72 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    MrCH
    Our valuation and survey were done last wednesday. Valuation is ok and received our homebuyers report on Monday.
    Natwest have said we are in a queue now.
    • abby28
    • By abby28 10th Sep 17, 7:51 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    abby28
    Valuation money taken from account
    Hello

First time buyer here wondered if anyone can please help me on the NatWest mortgage process. I had my application submittted for my mortgage over a week ago with NatWest, they came back to my broker stating because I don't have 6 months child maintenance payments at my higher rate they will only base my mortgage on what I've received In the last six months - fine. Then I have £250 deducted from my Visa debit card which is for the valuation. My question is..... if NatWest are taking the monies from my account does this mean I've been accepted pending valuation outcome? My broker says no as he hasn't received confirmation from them but I don't understand why they would take my money to do a valuation if they wasn't happy with my information submitted?
    • Ftb1992
    • By Ftb1992 13th Sep 17, 7:38 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Ftb1992
    Hi Abby

Hope I can help you. We were told NatWest instruct valuation as soon as your application is processed. This is to speed up the time between application and offer. So in effect they can do the valuation and you can still be declined. If they have requested more documents it sounds fine, they're obviously moving forward with application.

X
    • Ali03
    • By Ali03 14th Sep 17, 3:11 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Ali03
    I think it's a good sign when they take the money, apparently they have a quick look over things before doing this, so fingers crossed. We have our valuation today, keep checking the NatWest mortgage tracker about 23 times an hour! We had our mortgage approved subject to valuation, so hopefully it goes smoothly. Do you know how quickly you hear? We're not through a broker. Do they value it in person or over a pc? Our solicitor was asking and we have no idea. Apparently Santander don't go out to the property (or whoever they use)
    • Ali03
    • By Ali03 15th Sep 17, 8:04 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Ali03
    Well we had our offer letter emailed at 6pm last night. Yay! Good luck everyone ��
    • Ftb1992
    • By Ftb1992 16th Sep 17, 8:50 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Ftb1992
    Hi Ali03

Really pleased for you! Our valuation was done Thursday and all was ok so just awaiting offer. Did yours show up on the tracker before they emailed it? I am just like you I keep refreshing at least twice an hour hahaha

Xx
    • abby28
    • By abby28 17th Sep 17, 8:45 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    abby28
    Hello
    Thanks for your reply :/)

I requested the mortgage tracker number from my broker and check it a million times a day and last Monday I noticed it was all ticked after a few lines asking for various things like pay slips etc. My broker then called stating all is ok and NatWest are instructing the surveyor and they have arranged Thursday (last week) to do the valuation! I asked him if they had done their credit checks already as I was worried that because I had applied through the broker with Santander and they had done a hard check on my file as I can see it on there through Experian that NatWest may decline me! He came back and said no they have done their credit checks as he had an email from them saying once the valuation has been done they will make me an offer?! However it says on the NatWest website that they once they get their valuation they will do final checks then if ok offer. Haven't got great faith in my broker if I'm honest as he kept assuring me everything would sail through with Santander but it didn't and I felt I was misled.

I'm hoping I will get an offer Monday fingers crossed! !

Did I read that you had your valuation done on 13/09? And you have had an offer already?
    • Ftb1992
    • By Ftb1992 17th Sep 17, 10:31 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Ftb1992
    I am through a broker and I had my valuation done on Thursday. What does your tracker say? Mine says the valuation report has been assessed and all was okay. (it is ticked) Our broker told us it was the exact asking price. I haven't had an offer yet as it does need to go back to the underwriter for final sign off. Broker expects tomorrow or Tuesday latest. Natwest run their document checks and their valuations at the same time to speed up offer times. So if your application was accepted pending valuation, and the valuation was okay you should be fine! It just needs signing off.

• abby28
    • By abby28 17th Sep 17, 4:26 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    abby28
    Hello

My tracker still states waiting for valuation. I'm hoping it will change to accepted by Monday when the underwriter checks it. Just want to be able to relax and know it's gone through!
    • Ftb1992
    • By Ftb1992 18th Sep 17, 7:49 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Ftb1992
    How did you get on ? ��
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

57Posts Today

3,906Users online

Martin's Twitter