Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • selement
    • By selement 31st Aug 17, 7:46 AM
    • 344Posts
    • 1,743Thanks
    selement
    Kitten eye and nose gunk
    • 31st Aug 17, 7:46 AM
    Kitten eye and nose gunk 31st Aug 17 at 7:46 AM
    I adopted a couple of kittens around 2 weeks ago (now just over 16 weeks old). One of them seems to have black boogers in her nostrils and the other has crust near her eye. I took them to vaccination clinic recently and someone from sanctuary helped - she removed these things (which have since returned) but didn't seem concerned and neither did vet. The girls struggle away if i try to remove things (sanctuary lady has a firm grip!). How important is it to remove these things? Should I be making them unhappy to remove or is it safe to leave it and work on getting them to trust us more?
    Trying to lose weight (13.5lb to go)
Page 1
    • bhaisab
    • By bhaisab 13th Sep 17, 1:10 PM
    • 230 Posts
    • 268 Thanks
    bhaisab
    • 13th Sep 17, 1:10 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 1:10 PM
    b
    u
    m
    p .
    • Beamish44
    • By Beamish44 16th Sep 17, 7:24 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Beamish44
    • 16th Sep 17, 7:24 PM
    • 16th Sep 17, 7:24 PM
    Hi Selement,
    Will your kittens let you stoke their faces, if so when you are doing it gentley go near the eye and you should be able to remove the gunk. The black bits on the nostrils could this be dried food? One of my cats always had a dirty nose as a kitten, it was dried cat food.
    Enjoy your kittens.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,040Posts Today

8,581Users online

Martin's Twitter