Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Rac Attack
    • By Rac Attack 30th Aug 17, 9:47 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 8Thanks
    Rac Attack
    Parking Charge Notice
    • 30th Aug 17, 9:47 PM
    Parking Charge Notice 30th Aug 17 at 9:47 PM
    lfjmldjvldxmv,.xcmlvdf
    Last edited by Rac Attack; 30-08-2017 at 9:57 PM.
Page 1
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 30th Aug 17, 9:51 PM
    • 10,192 Posts
    • 9,321 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    • 30th Aug 17, 9:51 PM
    • 30th Aug 17, 9:51 PM
    Well, posting under what I am taking is your real name further identifying yourself as the driver and mother of 4 does not help your case.

I suggest removing this post immediately and reposting under a different alias as PPCs monitor this forum.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 30th Aug 17, 9:52 PM
    • 15,499 Posts
    • 19,583 Thanks
    Redx
    • 30th Aug 17, 9:52 PM
    • 30th Aug 17, 9:52 PM
    please read the NEWBIES sticky thread, again , it tells you exactly how to appeal

and the NOT A GPEOL argument wont work, not since BARRY BEAVIS lost 2 years ago for overstaying on a free car park !!

and edit post #1 to remove any hint of who was driving

the 2 terms you need are

THE DRIVER

THE KEEPER

who is the PPC involved ?

AND THIS THREAD http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5690559 WILL HELP YOU UNDERSTAND THE BREASTFEEDING ISSUES
    Last edited by Redx; 30-08-2017 at 9:55 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Rac Attack
    • By Rac Attack 30th Aug 17, 10:02 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Rac Attack
    • 30th Aug 17, 10:02 PM
    • 30th Aug 17, 10:02 PM
    Thanks for the link RedX, I've read that already, thats where i got my idea from in fighting the fine. please could you send me the newbies sticky thread again.

The PCN is from Civil Enforcement Ltd

Not sure how to delete post
    • Redx
    • By Redx 30th Aug 17, 10:17 PM
    • 15,499 Posts
    • 19,583 Thanks
    Redx
    • 30th Aug 17, 10:17 PM
    • 30th Aug 17, 10:17 PM
    you cannot delete post #1 , only edit it

a board guide or definitely an admin can delete the whole thread for you, plus change your username if you wish

the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread is near the top of this forum

CEL are BPA members
    Last edited by Redx; 01-09-2017 at 10:26 AM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Rac Attack
    • By Rac Attack 30th Aug 17, 11:38 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Rac Attack
    • 30th Aug 17, 11:38 PM
    • 30th Aug 17, 11:38 PM
    Thanks RedX.

Ive been researching for the past 4hrs. I did read the newbies thread but have re-read it several times since.

Ive found out CEL are BPA members but thanks for letting me know.

On the newbies thread, there is a template for appealing against BPA members. Should I use this to get the popla code?

How do I get admin to change my username?

Thank you so much for responding, i really do appreciate it.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 30th Aug 17, 11:41 PM
    • 497 Posts
    • 590 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 30th Aug 17, 11:41 PM
    • 30th Aug 17, 11:41 PM
    Yes, you use that to appeal
    Then you appeal to popla. That's the one you have to,work,on, and have plenty of time to do.

Try hitting report, but I'd suggest you won't get that changed.
    • Rac Attack
    • By Rac Attack 30th Aug 17, 11:58 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Rac Attack
    • 30th Aug 17, 11:58 PM
    • 30th Aug 17, 11:58 PM
    Thanks nosferatu1001

ive emailed them. I read in the search section that if your user name resembles your name or email address and if your privacy at risk and gives away your identity, then they will change it.

Thanks for your reply.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 31st Aug 17, 12:13 AM
    • 49,992 Posts
    • 63,391 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 31st Aug 17, 12:13 AM
    • 31st Aug 17, 12:13 AM
    Doesn't matter, you will win at POPLA anyway, or CEL will cancel as soon as they see that template!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Rac Attack
    • By Rac Attack 31st Aug 17, 12:27 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Rac Attack
    Just one more thing. In the BPA member template, it states

"your unremarkable and obscure signs were not seen by the driver, are in very small print and the terms are not readable to drivers"

I have since revisited the car park and took photos of the signage showing small print plus one sign has tree branches obstructing one of the signs.

Should I include these as attachments in my appeal's email to Civil Enforcement Ltd or just stick to the template?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 31st Aug 17, 12:50 AM
    • 49,992 Posts
    • 63,391 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Attach the worst one but don't say you ''re-visited'' the car park (careful now...think about it!).
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Rac Attack
    • By Rac Attack 1st Sep 17, 8:48 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Rac Attack
    Thanks Coupon-mad. I just put (see attached photos of signage)' at the end of the paragraph.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 1st Sep 17, 10:29 AM
    • 15,499 Posts
    • 19,583 Thanks
    Redx
    that should be ok

I hope you can see how easy it is to use words that are possibly self incriminating ?

the less said , the better , so the use of "ME , MYSELF and I" should be avoided , plus anything that shows knowledge or historical facts that may work against you

it may seem pedantic, which it is, but lawyers and MP,s use ambiguity all the time
    Newbies !!
    • Rac Attack
    • By Rac Attack 11th Sep 17, 1:33 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Rac Attack
    You were right Coupon-mad, they must have taken one look at the template I sent in, as I received a letter in the post over the weekend and they have cancelled the fine.

Thank you so much for all your help, you all are so good!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,001Posts Today

8,577Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin