Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • billdrick
    • By billdrick 30th Aug 17, 8:13 PM
    • 24Posts
    • 4Thanks
    billdrick
    Carers Allowance Delays
    • 30th Aug 17, 8:13 PM
    Carers Allowance Delays 30th Aug 17 at 8:13 PM
    I claim Carers Allowance and am self-employed, so each year I get a form to fill in and return which details my earnings.

This year I didn't receive the form and CA stopped in April. I contacted the CA unit and was told they sent a form but didn't get a response, so they've sent another form. I got this one in May, filled it in and returned it.

I waited, heard nothing, so called to see if they received my form. They said yes but there's a bit of a delay but shouldn't be much longer.

This month I've received another identical form. I filled it in and returned it.

Is anyone else dealing with CA and getting problems or delays?
Page 1
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 30th Aug 17, 10:18 PM
    • 1,554 Posts
    • 1,378 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 30th Aug 17, 10:18 PM
    • 30th Aug 17, 10:18 PM
    I claim Carers Allowance and am self-employed, so each year I get a form to fill in and return which details my earnings.

This year I didn't receive the form and CA stopped in April. I contacted the CA unit and was told they sent a form but didn't get a response, so they've sent another form. I got this one in May, filled it in and returned it.

I waited, heard nothing, so called to see if they received my form. They said yes but there's a bit of a delay but shouldn't be much longer.

This month I've received another identical form. I filled it in and returned it.

Is anyone else dealing with CA and getting problems or delays?
    Originally posted by billdrick
    I heard there are delays yes. I would advice ring them to ask what's happening because they will be the only ones to answer your questions.
    • billdrick
    • By billdrick 5th Oct 17, 1:11 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    billdrick
    • 5th Oct 17, 1:11 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 1:11 PM
    Thanks for your reply. I was only really wondering if anyone else was getting delays and what their experience was, as I couldn't get a concrete answer from CA.

I left some time before calling again as I don't want to be a pain! Called them today and a decision had been made, they just hadn't actioned it. They're sending through payments covering April-October, so for me it has been a wait of 26 weeks.
    • Brighty
    • By Brighty 5th Oct 17, 1:19 PM
    • 711 Posts
    • 371 Thanks
    Brighty
    • 5th Oct 17, 1:19 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 1:19 PM
    I submitted a new online application for my wife on 7th Aug, posted supporting docs (P45, payslips etc) 11th Aug, award letter recieved last week
    • JSmith321
    • By JSmith321 22nd Oct 17, 10:54 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JSmith321
    • 22nd Oct 17, 10:54 AM
    12 weeks and counting!!!
    • 22nd Oct 17, 10:54 AM
    I applied back in July 2017 and am still waiting for a decision. Phoned the help line and was told that they had not reached the July applications yet! Starting to suspect these "delays" are part of the governments plan to "deter" carers.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,792Posts Today

9,418Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin