Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • djn2k11
    • By djn2k11 30th Aug 17, 8:12 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 7Thanks
    djn2k11
    ParkingEye letter
    • 30th Aug 17, 8:12 PM
    ParkingEye letter 30th Aug 17 at 8:12 PM
    Hi Everyone,

Apologies for starting a new thread, I have been trying to read the sticky for newbies but got a bit lost.

I have just come home to a parking charge notice from Parking Eye (they are a member of the British Parking Association). It was for a parking charge at Warrington Central Station when I visited an office block (based in the station) for business on the 14th August.

The times I came in and out are legitimate but I am adamant I paid and displayed. I obviously no longer have the ticket 16 days on.

Can someone help me with how to appeal? I am not the registered keeper of the vehicle. There is an outside chance I may have accidentally put a different registration in the parking machine (if it required input of a registration) as I usually drive another car, but I highly doubt it.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 30th Aug 17, 9:22 PM
    • 15,515 Posts
    • 19,598 Thanks
    Redx
    • 30th Aug 17, 9:22 PM
    • 30th Aug 17, 9:22 PM
    there is nothing "obvious" about throwing away your paid for receipt for parking (you wouldnt do it for argos purchases etc)

as a member here for 6 years , you missed this

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/team-blog/2017/05/30/throwing-pay-display-ticket-away-use-cost-100/

anyway , without revealing who was driving , choose keeper on their website and copy and paste the blue text appeal

also state that the driver may have put in VRM ref abc123xx by mistake and that parking was definitely paid for in full , so to do their 17 point check again and cancel this pcn forthwith

PE would have sent the pcn to the RK, so if that is not you then its nothing to do with you and you cannot appeal, the person named on the pcn must appeal (even if you do it on their behalf)

you cant just take over somebody elses responsibilities without legal power of attorney or similar
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 30th Aug 17, 9:33 PM
    • 10,198 Posts
    • 9,330 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    • 30th Aug 17, 9:33 PM
    • 30th Aug 17, 9:33 PM
    The NtK is out of time. It should have go to you yesterday. What is the date on the NtK?
    • djn2k11
    • By djn2k11 30th Aug 17, 11:59 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    djn2k11
    • 30th Aug 17, 11:59 PM
    • 30th Aug 17, 11:59 PM
    The NtK is out of time. It should have go to you yesterday. What is the date on the NtK?
    Originally posted by Guys Dad
    It was issued on the 25th August but only received today. Im guessing because of the bank holiday possible. Do you think it will be the date of issue or date received thats relevant?

Thanks for your advice.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 31st Aug 17, 12:18 AM
    • 50,061 Posts
    • 63,455 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 31st Aug 17, 12:18 AM
    • 31st Aug 17, 12:18 AM
    Clearly the date received because of what the POFA says, as linked in the NEWBIES thread.

Submit an appeal that doesn't say who was driving and just calls you the registered keeper, assuming you are the keeper and the letter is addressed to you.

The template in the NEWBIES thread is written the way it is deliberately, to get a POPLA code, but you could remove the bits about DVLA data and replace it with a sentence that says (NOT SAYING WHO THE DRIVER WAS):

The driver did pay and display, paying £xx at approx xxpm for the parking of this vehicle, and you ask PE to check for a similar VRN. Alternatively, the driver drives VRN xxxx xxx and PE are asked to check for that VRN (that car was not in the car park so clearly any payment was intended for the vehicle parked). Ask them to specifically explain in the rejection letter, what the situation is - has the other VRN been recorded, or a typo, or what? Remind them that they are required to share all data in pre-court correspondence, which effectively, this is.

Also state that they have failed to account for the Bank Holiday and have only served the NTK on day 16, which is too late for keeper liability, as a matter of law. And the driver will not be divulged, so they should cancel the PCN before you report them to the DVLA for claiming keeper liability can apply to a PCN dated/posted just before a Bank Holiday, where the 'date given' cannot possibly be in time.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 31-08-2017 at 12:21 AM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• djn2k11
    • By djn2k11 31st Aug 17, 7:59 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    djn2k11
    • 31st Aug 17, 7:59 PM
    • 31st Aug 17, 7:59 PM
    Thank you Coupon-mad, I have sent in the appeal from the Newbies thread but have inserted the information about it being outside 14 days and asking them to check for the alternative vehicle registration number. I appreciate your advice.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 31st Aug 17, 8:17 PM
    • 15,515 Posts
    • 19,598 Thanks
    Redx
    • 31st Aug 17, 8:17 PM
    • 31st Aug 17, 8:17 PM
    excellelnt , that should give them something to chew on and doesnt reveal who was driving

if you get a popla code, check post #3 of the NEWBIES sticky thread
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • djn2k11
    • By djn2k11 8th Sep 17, 7:39 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    djn2k11
    • 8th Sep 17, 7:39 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 7:39 PM
    Parking Eye have got back to me today. Quite baffled as they sent me two emails:

'Dear Sir / Madam,
    We write further to your recent correspondence, which was received in relation to the
    Parking Charge incurred on , Warrington car
    park.
    We can confirm that your letter has now been reviewed, however, we must inform you
    that your request for compensation is rejected. It is our position that there is no basis for
    such a payment to be made by ParkingEye'.

The second one:

Dear Sir / Madam,
    Thank you for your correspondence in relation to the Parking Charge incurred on 14
    August 2017 at .
    In your correspondence you state that parking was purchased for the duration of your
    stay on site or that you registered for free parking by entering your vehicle details on
    to a terminal on site. However, after further investigation, we can confirm that there
    are no vehicle details within the parking system that in any way resemble your
    vehicle registration.
    In order for us to consider your appeal further, please provide further evidence in the
    form of a valid parking ticket, PaybyPhone details or evidence that you were entitled
    to free parking.
    ParkingEye have placed this charge on hold for 28 days to enable you to provide the
    evidence requested. If this information is not provided within 28 days, the appeal may well
    be rejected and a POPLA code provided.
    Alternatively, payment can be made by telephoning our offices on 0330 555 4444 or by
    visiting or by posting a cheque or postal order to the address
    detailed below.
    If this charge has been paid and you choose to provide further evidence relating to your
    appeal, please forward this to us for consideration.

I dont think they have actually checked for the alternative registration and have just send me a generic response. Can anyone advise? I am not going to pay it on principle as I bought a ticket for the specified time, so my plan is to await the POPLA code.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Sep 17, 7:43 PM
    • 32,794 Posts
    • 16,821 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 8th Sep 17, 7:43 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 7:43 PM
    Yes. Await their appeal rejection and a popla code
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 9th Sep 17, 12:42 AM
    • 10,198 Posts
    • 9,330 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    This is why I advise, when you have a golden ticket such as out of time, you should not do an initial appeal with the kitchen sink thrown in. If you has simply appealed as out of time for liability to be passed to me as Registered Keeper and I am not giving up the driver, they would not have been able to send those emails ,

Your appeal is being dealt with by one of their minimum wage clerks who hasn't given the out of time point the prominence it deserved.

Don't make the same mistake with POPLA,
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

147Posts Today

1,082Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin