Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • e231
    • By e231 30th Aug 17, 7:39 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 3Thanks
    e231
    ParkingEye LBCCC - sent to my old address
    • 30th Aug 17, 7:39 PM
    ParkingEye LBCCC - sent to my old address 30th Aug 17 at 7:39 PM
    Firstly I am so sorry to be adding to the huge amount of threads, but I would be massively appreciative of input of all you wise people! I do have an MSE account of 8 years but I felt that my username was a bit too revealing and wanted to stay anonymous in case PE do indeed read this.

I'll try to be concise: My cat was taken to the vets and parked up as normal in the car park as has always have done. When the person was in there and sat down, a sign was noticed saying that the car park next to the vets is now a pay and display. When asked at the reception if this applied to where the car was parked and they said yes, and that the car should be moved into the tiny car park that was theirs. It was full when arriving but thankfully there was space out again, so the car was moved. The driver thought that was the end of that - but had no idea that it was ANPR.

Thinking back, I wish the lady on the reception had told them this, and not ill-advised them to just move the car. It is the drivers fault too, but they really didn't expect this as it has always been free!

They have changed all their post to come to their new address, and so nothing should be going to their old address. They had no idea that they'd breached the car parking until their old landlord got in touch with them to tell them that there were a few letters to them that he has - lo and behold, the original letter, the reminder letter for £100, and then the Letter Before County Court Claim letter.

This was a massive shock for them and had no Idea up until now. Helping out, I've read up on here and know about it, and so followed the advice to post a thread.

Obviously they begrudge paying this, but also they have missed the chance to either pay the "cheaper" amount or appeal it.

Could they get back to them, explain the old address situation and perhaps get it "reset"?

When going back to have a look, yes there are signs on the car park, but they did not notice them as they wasn't looking for them - its always been free for all! Annoyingly, there is a sign for the vets predating the intro of PE behind the ticket payment machine!!

When they spoke to the vets they apologised for the bad advise to just move the car. They said that the land owners wanted them to pay an extortionate amount for their customers to use it, and when they said no, up came the PE ANPR.

Sorry for the long post, they are just a bit worried and not sure what to do and would be grateful of advice before I do anything!!

Thanks so much!
    Last edited by e231; 04-09-2017 at 6:57 PM.
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 31st Aug 17, 1:54 AM
    • 50,577 Posts
    • 63,950 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 31st Aug 17, 1:54 AM
    • 31st Aug 17, 1:54 AM
    Could I get back to them, explain the old address situation and perhaps get it "reset"?
    Yes. But not by emailing as you, yet...

The way to get it 'reset' is to email ParkingEye in the name of the old landlord at your old address (basically using his name, or asking him to do this for you), saying that xxxxx Fred Bloggs xxxxx no longer lives here but can be reached at (new address).

The landlord should add that:

ParkingEye need to stop writing to his address, as it is harassment and the data is out of date, and to tell them to serve a PCN to xxxxx Fred Bloggs xxxxx at the new address, who is UNAWARE of the matter, as he doesn't live here.

A new PCN will arrive, or a 'we've traced you' letter.

Both allow an appeal window, the situation is then reset, and you can appeal and should win at POPLA, because there is no keeper liability.

This only works with PE. Put the PCN number in the email heading.

info@parkingeye.co.uk

I suggest you edit your first post so it doesn't say who parked the car!
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 05-09-2017 at 12:49 AM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• e231
    • By e231 31st Aug 17, 9:08 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    e231
    • 31st Aug 17, 9:08 AM
    • 31st Aug 17, 9:08 AM
    Thank you so much for the advice! Will follow it exactly!
    • e231
    • By e231 3rd Sep 17, 10:23 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    e231
    • 3rd Sep 17, 10:23 PM
    • 3rd Sep 17, 10:23 PM
    Sorry to bother you again, but would you be able to remove my name from your post?
    Thanks!
    e231

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd Sep 17, 11:28 PM
    • 50,577 Posts
    • 63,950 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 3rd Sep 17, 11:28 PM
    • 3rd Sep 17, 11:28 PM
    Done!

Let us know if you do then get a PCN, or a 'we've traced you' letter, which resets the clock.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• e231
    • By e231 4th Sep 17, 6:55 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    e231
    • 4th Sep 17, 6:55 PM
    • 4th Sep 17, 6:55 PM
    Wonderful! Though you have missed one...

I will do! Thank you so much again.
    • e231
    • By e231 22nd Sep 17, 4:16 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    e231
    • 22nd Sep 17, 4:16 PM
    • 22nd Sep 17, 4:16 PM
    Hello again!

Certainly took its time, but a letter has arrived to the new address.
    It isn't a "we've traced you" its just a normal PCN as it would arrive the first time.

Should I proceed as outlined in the big sticky, or is there anything different that I should do?

Massively appreciative of the help, thanks!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 23rd Sep 17, 12:59 AM
    • 50,577 Posts
    • 63,950 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 23rd Sep 17, 12:59 AM
    • 23rd Sep 17, 12:59 AM
    Works like a dream, that tactic! *Someone* at old address writes and says ''keeper Fred Bloggs lives at new address'' and lo and behold, the case goes back to appeal stage. Nice (only happens this smoothly with ParkingEye, their one redeeming feature).

Proceed as per the NEWBIES sticky thread.

Now, does that PCN have the paragraph about the POFA schedule 4/29 days to keeper liability on the back? It shouldn't do, after this delay! As such, you have a ''Golden Ticket'', I expect, and can appeal as keeper and win.

You can see one as an example, in post #3 of the sticky where it talks about POPLA, there's a link to a winning ''Golden Ticket'' (our phrase) back page. Just like your one, I hope!

• e231
    • By e231 23rd Sep 17, 1:08 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    e231
    • 23rd Sep 17, 1:08 PM
    • 23rd Sep 17, 1:08 PM
    Yes it is a 'Golden Ticket' type!

So just to check, I send PE an online appeal using the template from post #1 of the newbies thread ("I challenge this 'PCN' as keeper of the car. I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and ..."). And then, after hopefully getting a POPLA code, proceed using post #3?

Thanks!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 23rd Sep 17, 1:14 PM
    • 50,577 Posts
    • 63,950 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes, and if you don't win at POPLA as keeper (no saying who was driving) we'll eat our hats!

• e231
    • By e231 10th Oct 17, 12:21 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    e231
    Hooray, POPLA code!
    Which is the template for when the PE letter is a 'Golden Ticket' type?

I see that the sticky thread says to use the "template POPLA point about 'no keeper liability' from a PE non-POFA type PCN, followed by the template point about the appellant not being shown to be the individual liable (then unclear signs, landowner authority, and if applicable, no grace periods allowed, etc.,)" however I cant see a template for no keeper liability for non windscreen ticket.

Should this be used?: http:// forums . moneysavingexpert.com / showthread.php?p=71563041#post71563041

Sorry for questioning, just don't want to mess it up!

Many many many thanks!
    • e231
    • By e231 15th Oct 17, 11:07 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    e231
    Sorry for the bump, but do you have any pointers? I'm worried i'll use the wrong thing and !!!!!! it up!
    Thanks!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

314Posts Today

3,846Users online

Martin's Twitter