Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JammieFace
    • By JammieFace 30th Aug 17, 1:02 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    JammieFace
    0 WOW
    Refunded but delivering anyway?
    • 30th Aug 17, 1:02 PM
    0 WOW
    Refunded but delivering anyway? 30th Aug 17 at 1:02 PM
    Hoping someone can help!

We purchased a very lovely cooker online at a very good price....too good to be exact as the company cancelled the order as it was a mis price on their website.....refunded us the money 2 days ago but I have been sent a message from the delivery company asking me to book in a slot....which I have done!
    If they don't catch on a send me the goods, should I offer to pay the company what I paid in the first place as I really want the cooker!
Page 1
    • Chrystal
    • By Chrystal 30th Aug 17, 4:22 PM
    • 109 Posts
    • 721 Thanks
    Chrystal
    • 30th Aug 17, 4:22 PM
    • 30th Aug 17, 4:22 PM
    If they've got your details they may take payment at the correct price. Agreeing to the delivery date may be taken as agreeing ? Not sure but I'd be very careful.
    GC. Oct.17 = £261.18/ £300 = + £38.82 NSDs 20/31
    GC. Sept.17 = £354.89/£300 = - £54.39

• Carrot007
    • By Carrot007 30th Aug 17, 4:29 PM
    • 687 Posts
    • 558 Thanks
    Carrot007
    • 30th Aug 17, 4:29 PM
    • 30th Aug 17, 4:29 PM
    No taking delivery with something you know you have been refunded on because of an error with a plan to just pay them the reduced amount is not a good idea. Why do you think it is?
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 8th Sep 17, 6:38 AM
    • 6,395 Posts
    • 19,297 Thanks
    Doc N
    • 8th Sep 17, 6:38 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 6:38 AM
    I think you'll find these helpful if you receive it, and then keep it without offering to pay for it:

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/60/contents

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theft_Act_1968
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 11th Sep 17, 2:00 AM
    • 12,233 Posts
    • 11,535 Thanks
    jenniewb
    • 11th Sep 17, 2:00 AM
    • 11th Sep 17, 2:00 AM
    OP I've not been in this position before, but I have often needed to claim back on the warranty of a white goods product and to do that, you'd need proof of purchase. Whilst you may be weighing up gratis vs warranty, there is no way to know if you will need to claim anything in the future or how the company may view you if and when they inevitably find out the bill wasn't paid. Just make sure you are aware of the pitfalls and weigh things up fully.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,413Posts Today

7,323Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin