Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • thriftylass
    • By thriftylass 29th Aug 17, 3:16 PM
    • 2,990Posts
    • 24,422Thanks
    thriftylass
    NST Super September Scrimping challenge
    • 29th Aug 17, 3:16 PM
    NST Super September Scrimping challenge 29th Aug 17 at 3:16 PM
    A warm and fuzzy autumnal welcome to the NST Super September Scrimping challenge, for newbies and seasoned debt busters alike.

(Don’t want the following to sound too harsh but I need it this month)

September means for many getting back into the swing of new school and work routines. Also, the colder months are looming and we should maybe consider starting to get ready for winter and the festivities or at least start a wee bit of forward planning.

The whole idea of this challenge is for you to start looking to where you WANT to be, consider why you aren’t at that point and start realising what is going WRONG. And also, I need you to help me because when I have people to answer to I won’t spend anything!

Seriously though – you can’t save for a house if you have debt. You can’t have a new kitchen if you can’t afford the food to put in it……………. you need to get a debt free day graved in stone and start aiming for it. Enough is enough. Christmas is but 16 weeks away – are you ready for that little charmer?

So again, I’d like to go back to basics and a few stricter rules back form NinjasavingKat’s days.

These are the rules….. clear and simple!

*This challenge starts on the 1st September at 00:01 and closes on the 30th September at 00:00.

*Try and check in once a day with your progress !

*Get a little notebook that you can fit in your bag, or a slip of paper! Write down everything you spend - good and bad!!

*You will aim for 18 SFDs!(Spend Free Days). If purchases of “yellow sticker delights” are made without full price items this is an SFD. Medication and normal monthly DD’s or CC payments are exempt and you may class these days as SFD’s also.

*Pay you debts and bills first, budget to live off what is left!

*You must decide on a budget for food now. This must be stuck to rigidly until the last day of the month ! Consider how much you REALLY need to feed your family, make meal plans, limit snacking with the kids or tell them “when it’s gone that’s it until next week”. Mine is £350.

*Try and eat everything in your cupboards and freezer BEFORE buying any more. Money spent each week will be for essentials – bread, milk and fruit & veg before buying more. Get right down to the bottom of that chest freezer, get out those nearly out of date packets of rice. Stop stock piling for Armageddon and wasting money. I don’t care if you are prepping for visitors or a “just in case” situation! (note to mainly myself: STOP SPENDING SO MUCH ON FOOD!) I need to defrost my freezer and clean my fridge so this rule will help

*You must bring your lunch to work every day. No coffee shops, no work canteen, no cafes, no sandwiches – NOTHING. You will waste SO many precious £££’s when something better can be created at home. If you think it doesn’t matter and I won’t find out – you are right. But you are cheating yourself.

*Plot the course of your social life now before the beginning of September. Make sure you have a budget planned for meals that can’t be wormed out of and birthdays etc. Money placed aside for holidays can be classed as “no spend days” – anything over the budget will ruin that SFD!! Cancel something you really don’t want to go to –you HAVE to start making sacrifices now.

*Decide on your DFD!– when do you want to start doing what you want to do???

*You will accomplish some sort of exercise per week, 3 sessions of 20 minutes anyway you want. Walk someone’s pooch, walk to work, walk around your block 5 times… anything!

*Beauty spends are not allowed to exceed £10. That includes you boys as well. Use up all that you have in the house BEFORE spending anything more on beauty bits – seriously how many body moisturisers do you need ladies?

*Make time for yourself this month. Even if it’s only 10 minutes a day do something for yourself whether that is going for a walk, having a bath with loads of bubbles or sitting outside with a drink – we need to make the most of the evenings.

*Keep the heating off as long as possible, put a jumper on etc. We live in the north of Scotland in an 80s bungalow with metal windows. So it might be a challenge

That’s it… think you can keep up?

Contenders:
    1. thriftylass
    2. apple muncher
    3. greent
    4. DawnW
    5. determined new ms
    6. Calling14
    7. jojitsui
    8. misstara
    9. f0xh0les
    10. Tempus01
    11. 1LuckyLady
    12. cybertortoise
    13. dizzyblnd
    14. mothernerd
    15. Shakey87
    16. clippy_girl
    17. Fmess
    18. stoplurking
    19. ChasingSunshine
    20. Eager_Elephant
    21. Tjzdazz
    22. Kerry Woman
    23. FurryBeastOz
    24. Buffethedebtslayer
    25. bizzie
    26. squanderscouse
    27. Sun Addict
    28. LD_13
    29. NelliePie
    30. vintagebrighton
    31. indigowarrior
    32. crazy_cat_lady
    33. LollyPop0312
    34. foxgloves
    35. redofromstart
    36. Lauralozzle
    37. Abundant
    38. ooitsme
    39. threepenny bit

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 13-09-2017 at 9:13 AM.
    NST Sept 1
    SFD12/18 spends 447/400
    Exercise 12/20 Amazon vouchers for xmas £15
    Debt - all 0% 1436 to go from 5290 (72% paid off)
    DFD 2/2018 Mortgage 109343 (04/17) 16 years left
Page 23
    • determined new ms
    • By determined new ms 16th Sep 17, 8:24 AM
    • 6,433 Posts
    • 36,651 Thanks
    determined new ms
    morning check in for yesterday 15/09 - was too busy yesterday. SFD 6/18 It is clear I am no way going to hit the target But I'm trying and going to get more than usual. It takes a bit more planning than I generally live my life by

went to friends, had a lovely time with her and didn't spend a penny stopped at the allotment before going there and picked her a whole veg box with different things (clearly I think veg is cooler than she does! )

I took my lunch to work. Didn't turn on the heating, but it was freezing last night so cold I didn't want to get out of the covers on the sofa and go to bed!

Today in all probability is going to be a spend day as we are going to Paws in the Park - madam is nuts about all things dog. Will report back later
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Wombling '16 £2874.33 Roadkill £28.25
    Wombling YTD £2839.06/Roadkill £8.58
    SFDs Sept 6/18 CC saved £2372.50 Veg grown £376.20
    • redofromstart
    • By redofromstart 16th Sep 17, 9:09 AM
    • 316 Posts
    • 1,370 Thanks
    redofromstart
    Yesterday was a spending day, food shopping while I had to be in local small town. All spends updated.
    • vintagebrighton
    • By vintagebrighton 16th Sep 17, 1:49 PM
    • 534 Posts
    • 1,566 Thanks
    vintagebrighton
    Check in 16/30

Today will be a spendy day but did make our shopping last 8 days instead of 7 last week so happy with that.

Have withdrawn £40 for the weeks food. No other spends needed so I'll try not to spend anything else while we're out.

Heating - not yet. I haven't worked out how to use the boiler yet!

Beauty spends - 0

Me time - crochet and a film later I think

Exercise - a walk later even though it's now raining

Have a lovely Saturday scrimpers

VB x
    Food Budget ~ £120/£160
    Weight Loss Challenge ~ 38/84 NSD ~ 11/18
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 16th Sep 17, 6:54 PM
    • 3,633 Posts
    • 17,671 Thanks
    foxgloves
    Hi everyone,
    Not a SFD as treated Mum to coffee & biscuits in town. She desperately needed a change of scene as lots of very stressful family stuff at the moment. Didn't buy anything else though. Wangled a free newspaper & was given £60 to add to savings. Have hit my exercise goal as am already on 8546/7000 steps. No 'me time' yet but my partner is opening a bottle of wine as I type this.
    Need a night of sofa, tv & stroking cat.
    F x
    Money can't jump out of your purse on its own so ask 'Can I borrow one, make one, grow one, bake one, re-purpose or recycle, acquire it for free?' Yes? Then put that purse away & keep your money because little savings grow!
    Loan pay-down fund instalment 2 = £120
    Payment received from surveys: 2015 = £320 2016 = £210 2017 = £246
    • Kerry Woman
    • By Kerry Woman 16th Sep 17, 6:54 PM
    • 1,948 Posts
    • 18,365 Thanks
    Kerry Woman
    Day 16
    Was a spend day today. Brought food. So total so far for food/household is £105.90/£150. Total for this week was £38.65. Updated my notebook of spends.
    Did no exercise today. Finished reading my current book. Did not do much else today as just relaxed. Managed to achieve a few things today so happy with that.
    Last edited by Kerry Woman; 16-09-2017 at 6:59 PM.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2017
    Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
    NSK September SFD 13/18 Food/Household £105.90/£150 Exercise 15
    • f0xh0les
    • By f0xh0les 16th Sep 17, 6:56 PM
    • 928 Posts
    • 6,632 Thanks
    f0xh0les
    NSD #10 double figures!!

Sorted three boxes of tat into one box of tat and the rest recycled/in the bin.

Clipped half the hedge then my trimmers ran out of power. Will do the rest tomorrow (I always start on the inside, and then do outside afterwards so nobody can tell from outside.

Me time - bath and book and candles (not all at the same time or in the same room)

Checked energy bills online- all paid up to date - and have nearly £200 excess, so if it gets cold the heating is going on, but not until it is actually properly cold. Maybe it won't get so cold with double glazing ?

Have a lovely evening
    Last edited by f0xh0les; 16-09-2017 at 7:33 PM.
    MFW May 16 £118,340
    September 17 - £109,896.73
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 16th Sep 17, 7:40 PM
    • 4,497 Posts
    • 34,344 Thanks
    DawnW
    Evening all
    Giving up on SFDs - if I don't spend, OH does And all the money comes out of joint accounts so it is pointless really - he bought fuel and coolant for our old camper van today, so not just frittering. I had a big spend yesterday - DD2's boiler broke, and I gave her the money to get it fixed She is on maternity leave, due in December and has a little girl of 3, and I wasn't having them getting cold when I have money in the bank to help them

Anyway, apart from that (!) I am doing ok, food still within budget, using what we have, writing down all spends, no heating (though it is cold here tonight and I am swathed in a blanket). We are supposed to be going away in our camper van with family (in their caravan) at the end of next week, so I am hoping it warms up a bit This is already booked and paid for, so not much extra spending envisaged there. We will take most of our food with us, and hope to spend most of our time walking on the moors and beach if it doesn't rain too much
    Grocery spends for September £143.05 / £160.00 (includes milkman's bill)
    SFDs for September 5/18
    • bizzie
    • By bizzie 16th Sep 17, 11:38 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 655 Thanks
    bizzie
    Check in #16/30
    No spending today so NSD #11/18

Helped DDs tidy / clean their bedroom slowly building up a charity shop donation pile. Avoidance of homework the driving force!

Meals from leftovers and stuff already in.
    Groceries £332.47/400 Spends £216.73/100 (oops )
    NST September #25 NSDs 13/18 @20/09/17
    Goals for 2017: Balance in
    Self: Health: Wealth :
    • threepenny bit
    • By threepenny bit 17th Sep 17, 5:12 AM
    • 193 Posts
    • 1,660 Thanks
    threepenny bit
    check in time - today didn't happen as planned lol! I bought some shopping as lots of things on sale at a local small supermarket; things like tinned toms, beans, soups etc were BOGOF. Had to get bread, cheese, butter etc too. I did make a meal plan for the next 2 weeks though and will only need fresh things like milk, bananas etc.
    Did classroom shopping for the new children I have in class and also bought extra coat hooks for the coat area.
    Tomorrow we go home and then get back to work and making lunches lol!
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend and staying warm
    Grocery challenge - $150 for Sept 81.65/150
    1st challenge to pay CC (JV1) 3250/$4250
    Work on selling items and make $100 a month for the rest of this year 36/100
    • Fmess
    • By Fmess 17th Sep 17, 7:01 AM
    • 2,515 Posts
    • 23,708 Thanks
    Fmess
    Morning all,

Friday was a SFD so that's 10/18. Had a full day at work and then painted half the bathroom walls.

Yesterday was spendy. I finished the bathroom, although some freshly painted ceiling got stuck to the low tack decorators tape and came off need to gently touch up and repaint that but then the room is done (paint wise). I still have no suite but the plumber says he's coming on Wednesday, four and a half weeks after the builder started the job. At least it'll get done, fingers crossed.

Over 24000 steps yesterday as walked the dogs twice, decorated, did the food shop and then walked back from a local concert last night.

I made a huge lasagne to use up mince and white sauce but it meant buying the veg and cheese. 5 extra large dinners for the freezer made and one ate last night. I've also been eating up bread from the freezer and sliced chicken. Not on plan with SW but it's near the end of the month and finances are tightish.

Today should be a SFD. I have lot of school work to do, then the lawns to mow and the dogs to walk.

Fighters crossed for dry weather so the washing can go out.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New Roof Debt £1425/£8542
    SeptNST #? SFD 1/18 Food 101.16/120 Personal 160/200 Petrol 50/100
    • mothernerd
    • By mothernerd 17th Sep 17, 7:23 AM
    • 2,027 Posts
    • 20,564 Thanks
    mothernerd
    I've pegged my washing out Fmess. Claiming a SFD for yesterday as did not spend but was sorely tempted. Glad I waited as I want to buy lemons to clean my chopping board properly and would like milk to make a batch of cheese sauce.

Just crawled into bed after having a bath and washing my hair. I have been awake all night but I now have a habitable kitchen. I wouldn't eat off the floor - needs another go but I got off all the sticky bits (not thinking about what they might have been, think someone had dropped mushy peas or possibly broccoli soup and not wiped it up).

I do have clean work surfaces, a pile of clean pots, cutlery and pans and most of a table (piles of rags and bags at the back) and the bins are quite full. Can also see most of the front room floor and will be able to sit on the second couch tomorrow - any bets on DS3 and Beloved having a couch each and I will still have to perch on the spare bed.

May be another SFD as I am not sure I will be able to get out of bed. I was really pushing it towards the end and everything hurts (bit better since the bath).

Feeling quite alert so will do some bed based things until I feel sleepy.

I am grateful for being able to clean without buying anything (not one for having a different product for individual items), for beef and watercress wraps and for getting things done after a difficult start.
    Building a rainbow of happiness and joy
    NST Sep #14 SFD 10/18 Spent £53.84/ £60
    Debt free and EF January 2016 No mortgage
    Progress through plodding, baby steps and purposeful pottering
    • dizzyblnd
    • By dizzyblnd 17th Sep 17, 8:19 AM
    • 349 Posts
    • 3,016 Thanks
    dizzyblnd
    Well Friday was a nsd so I'm now on 7/18. Yesterday wasn't as I bought DD dinner as we were out and she was hungry. It comes out of my personal spends budget so all ok. This month I have realised how many little things ruin my nsds like needing milk (£1) or bread (£1) it's not like I blow the budget it's generally £1 or so.
    NST #30: nsd 19/21
    • Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 17th Sep 17, 9:04 AM
    • 4,079 Posts
    • 21,892 Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    Wowsers another week has passed so quickly.

Managed another 3 NSD's taking me to 8 for the month.

Had my one planned night out last week.

Really need to reign my spending in but we have rescued 2 more feral kittens who are only a few weeks old so kitten milk and more cat litter needed to be purchased this week.
    Have brought 30litres of cat litter, that should last a few weeks.

Also could not resist the draw of the Wilko gardening sale - only got seeds that I want to grow next year and not everything just because it was cheap.
    Ninja Saving Turtle No. 20 for August
    NSD - 0/18
    (up to 01/09/17)
    My Diary is here - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2175629 (Eager Elephants Effective Everyday Excursion)
    • Lauralozzle
    • By Lauralozzle 17th Sep 17, 9:53 AM
    • 406 Posts
    • 3,737 Thanks
    Lauralozzle
    Yesterday - was a spendy day. Went shopping, also purchased a new frying pan (one of these ultra durable ones) so that was an extra £20. Have enough for the week be so we will try and avoid shops throughout the week.

Today should be a NSD but I won't call it one yet. I need to tidy the house today, visit nana and grandad, sort out dinner, sort of lunches, sort out washing, have a nice bubble bath in the evening. Pretty busy day so don't think there will be time to spend anything!
    September grocery challenge £261.96/£275| Emergency £1,000 challenge - £55/£1,000 | September NSD 11/18
    Credit Card: £245 (0%) | Car Finance: £8,427 (7.9% APR) | Mortgage: £111,817 (3.99% APR)
    Wedding Fund: £3,564.74
    • greent
    • By greent 17th Sep 17, 10:51 AM
    • 6,196 Posts
    • 62,725 Thanks
    greent
    Day 16 (late again!)
    Late check-in as I was shattered and crashed out last night without going on laptop

SFDs - still 8/18. - most definitely NOT a SFD yesterday. OH had to buy a replacement shower for our bathroom (over £500 ) as ours has seized and a part broken internally. Did get a refund of £90 for the replacement part we originally bought but didn't end up using. I also wanted a family takeaway evening after a long and tiring morning at work so we spent on that. Finally, we also bought 2 x tubs of chocs (on offer at 2 for £7 in Tesc0) for Xmas (and we never eat them before, so it is worthwhile buying now)

Extra monies/ debt repayment - Spent the morning at work for the grammar school entrance exam/ 11+. DS1 also helped. He got £15. I got £100. When I get it paid (hopefully month end) it will go to 0% CC for holiday

Food - running total £236.58/ £450 Spends on this yesterday were 2 x bottles of 'pop'

Eating up/ using up stuff - Clearly a fail last night with the takeaway! Small amount of takeaway leftovers will be consumed today, so nothing will be wasted.

Lunches taken - N/A for yesterday.

Social life - I did mention a family takeaway for this month at the start, I think. Was a lovely relaxing meal with all of us at the table and a very long chat about all sorts of things!

Exercise - 2/3 formal sessions. 10K steps achieved 5/6 days (other day was 8.5k)

Beauty - £2.73/ £10

Time for self - early night and total crash out when head hit pillow - sort of counts!

Heating off - yep. Chillier, though. Have started lighting candles on an evening and will probably start drawing the curtains in the living room now, too.

Gratitudes:
    * The opportunity to earn extra money by working yesterday morning.
    * A lovely family evening together
    * DS1 volunteering for helping at work yesterday morning - then coming home, changing and grabbing a quick sandwich - and then straight away volunteering with army cadets at the local police station open day. Makes me proud
    * OH spending his morning trying to sort the shower out
    * Having the money to purchase the new shower (OK, it's gone on 0% CC for the time being)
    * Having alternative showers available in the house!
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) Bal 01/09 £124616 01/10 £104927 01/11 £89873 01/12 £76317 01/13 £52546 01/14 £35356 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Next: BTL Mtge 12/16 £69786. 2017 OPs (#18) £4151/£3286
    Net sales 2017 £1152.39/£500 PAYDOX17 £11333/£10k Decluttered 1515/2017 items
    • ChasingSunshine
    • By ChasingSunshine 17th Sep 17, 11:00 AM
    • 90 Posts
    • 721 Thanks
    ChasingSunshine
    Morning,

Yesterday was a NSD but today won't be. Heading to the pub to watch the football. Will likely still come out ahead in terms of social spends as will drive, meeting after lunch and this is the same group I turned down drinks with on Friday.
    Otherwise slowly using stuff up, getting meals planned for the week and must hit the pile of washing so it is all hung up before I leave the house.
    • LollyPop0312
    • By LollyPop0312 17th Sep 17, 12:18 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 219 Thanks
    LollyPop0312
    No spend day yesterday brings me to 8..today will be one too so 9..OK so probably won't get to 18 but I'm gonna try my hardest! Still have managed to have more no spend days that usual so a definite win! Baby due in 2 weeks..feeling very exited about not being pregnant anymore.

Hope everyone enjoying challenge still!!
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 17th Sep 17, 3:06 PM
    • 4,251 Posts
    • 23,292 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Day 17 check in.

Over half way through this challenge so how am I doing so far?

Grocery budget£336.44/£400.00 - oops still got 13 days to go

Spend free days8/18 - a lot better than I usually do but doubt I'll hit target.

Eat from cupboards/freezer - been trying to do this but have also been adding to stocks when offers are on. However, think I can manage until the end of the month with what's in there now.

No buying work lunches- I never buy lunch for work. Always make a huge batch of soup on a Sunday to last me all week

Social life- resisted up to now but am having a day out with friends on Wednesday plus a drink after work with the team on Friday. I don't generally have much of a social life so never turn down an opportunity.

Beauty spends- so far £0/£10 but have hairdressers on Saturday which has been booked in for weeks. Desperately need my hair cut as starting to look like the Dulux dog.

Exercise- been walking to and from work every day (6 miles) plus either work gym at lunchtime or a walk plus dog walking. Doing well over 16,000 steps on an average day.

Me time- always make sure I do this. I always have a long soak in the bath when I get home from work and make time to sit and have a coffee/read every day.

Heating off- went back on yesterday after finding out how to work it (it's a brand new central heating system). Mr SA is disabled and recovering from Lymphoma he feels the cold very easily and has been begging me to switch it on, so I caved in.

Final push for the last couple of weeks - here we go
    Virtual Sealed Pot £612.20
    September NSD 8/18
    Weight loss 0/7lbs
    Mr SA finally in remission December 2013
    • f0xh0les
    • By f0xh0les 17th Sep 17, 4:45 PM
    • 928 Posts
    • 6,632 Thanks
    f0xh0les
    NSD #11

Used up two free sachets of shampoo last night. Easily three years old, maybe more, and a sachet of split end repairing goop. Plus a mud mask but only lasted a minute as it was stingy. Also found a tub of cucumber moisturiser with a teaspoon of goo left in it. Used up, tub washed and recycled.

DS2 found a box of muffin cases in his bedroom he needed for Home Economics, that isn't called Home Economics any more but probably should be, last year. Anyway,, he had only used 8 of them and had remembered to put the lid back on so they are back in the pantry.

Cleared out bathroom cabinet (DH's shelf), now he can see what he has got No contact lenses, no ibruprofen gel,no empty boxes to make him think he did.

Tumble dryer knackered again, It didn't last 4 days since the last fixing, what worries me is that they have a number on the automated dialling system for machines that have been fixed by their engineers in the last 30 days and have broken down . Does this happen a lot? Must do!

Secretly hoping for intermittent electrical fault, within warranty, new one please.

Grateful for the kids asking for tomato soup and doughballs for tea, will make pizza bases for later in the week if there is any dough left over. DS1's braces mean he no longer wants pizza. That makes me sad, but also happy as it means more soups and stews. Loads of veg!!

Anyway. Enjoy your SuperScrimpingSunday Evening.
    MFW May 16 £118,340
    September 17 - £109,896.73
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 17th Sep 17, 5:14 PM
    • 3,633 Posts
    • 17,671 Thanks
    foxgloves
    Hi Sunday Scrimpers,
    Check-in 17/30
    Grocery shopping today - Week 3's shop of a 4-week budget. Came in under budget, even though we went to Waitrose for cat biscuits.
    Exercise goal - nope! Will be about 1300 steps short of daily target.
    Me time - was brought breakfast in bed! Lovely.
    Other useful activity - free coffee from Waitrose, free parking in town, knitting stuff to sell - need to do as much as poss over this next month. Re-listed some ebay items. Looks like my door curtain idea will work, saving £55 on the fabric I wanted & some ready made curtains I looked at today were also over £50, so if the sewing machine comes out tomorrow, I will have done the frugal, non-spendy thing.
    Dinner is in slow cooker & smelling good.
    F x
    Money can't jump out of your purse on its own so ask 'Can I borrow one, make one, grow one, bake one, re-purpose or recycle, acquire it for free?' Yes? Then put that purse away & keep your money because little savings grow!
    Loan pay-down fund instalment 2 = £120
    Payment received from surveys: 2015 = £320 2016 = £210 2017 = £246
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

23Posts Today

3,671Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin