Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • thriftylass
    • By thriftylass 29th Aug 17, 3:16 PM
    • 2,986Posts
    • 24,398Thanks
    thriftylass
    NST Super September Scrimping challenge
    • 29th Aug 17, 3:16 PM
    NST Super September Scrimping challenge 29th Aug 17 at 3:16 PM
    A warm and fuzzy autumnal welcome to the NST Super September Scrimping challenge, for newbies and seasoned debt busters alike.

(Don’t want the following to sound too harsh but I need it this month)

September means for many getting back into the swing of new school and work routines. Also, the colder months are looming and we should maybe consider starting to get ready for winter and the festivities or at least start a wee bit of forward planning.

The whole idea of this challenge is for you to start looking to where you WANT to be, consider why you aren’t at that point and start realising what is going WRONG. And also, I need you to help me because when I have people to answer to I won’t spend anything!

Seriously though – you can’t save for a house if you have debt. You can’t have a new kitchen if you can’t afford the food to put in it……………. you need to get a debt free day graved in stone and start aiming for it. Enough is enough. Christmas is but 16 weeks away – are you ready for that little charmer?

So again, I’d like to go back to basics and a few stricter rules back form NinjasavingKat’s days.

These are the rules….. clear and simple!

*This challenge starts on the 1st September at 00:01 and closes on the 30th September at 00:00.

*Try and check in once a day with your progress !

*Get a little notebook that you can fit in your bag, or a slip of paper! Write down everything you spend - good and bad!!

*You will aim for 18 SFDs!(Spend Free Days). If purchases of “yellow sticker delights” are made without full price items this is an SFD. Medication and normal monthly DD’s or CC payments are exempt and you may class these days as SFD’s also.

*Pay you debts and bills first, budget to live off what is left!

*You must decide on a budget for food now. This must be stuck to rigidly until the last day of the month ! Consider how much you REALLY need to feed your family, make meal plans, limit snacking with the kids or tell them “when it’s gone that’s it until next week”. Mine is £350.

*Try and eat everything in your cupboards and freezer BEFORE buying any more. Money spent each week will be for essentials – bread, milk and fruit & veg before buying more. Get right down to the bottom of that chest freezer, get out those nearly out of date packets of rice. Stop stock piling for Armageddon and wasting money. I don’t care if you are prepping for visitors or a “just in case” situation! (note to mainly myself: STOP SPENDING SO MUCH ON FOOD!) I need to defrost my freezer and clean my fridge so this rule will help

*You must bring your lunch to work every day. No coffee shops, no work canteen, no cafes, no sandwiches – NOTHING. You will waste SO many precious £££’s when something better can be created at home. If you think it doesn’t matter and I won’t find out – you are right. But you are cheating yourself.

*Plot the course of your social life now before the beginning of September. Make sure you have a budget planned for meals that can’t be wormed out of and birthdays etc. Money placed aside for holidays can be classed as “no spend days” – anything over the budget will ruin that SFD!! Cancel something you really don’t want to go to –you HAVE to start making sacrifices now.

*Decide on your DFD!– when do you want to start doing what you want to do???

*You will accomplish some sort of exercise per week, 3 sessions of 20 minutes anyway you want. Walk someone’s pooch, walk to work, walk around your block 5 times… anything!

*Beauty spends are not allowed to exceed £10. That includes you boys as well. Use up all that you have in the house BEFORE spending anything more on beauty bits – seriously how many body moisturisers do you need ladies?

*Make time for yourself this month. Even if it’s only 10 minutes a day do something for yourself whether that is going for a walk, having a bath with loads of bubbles or sitting outside with a drink – we need to make the most of the evenings.

*Keep the heating off as long as possible, put a jumper on etc. We live in the north of Scotland in an 80s bungalow with metal windows. So it might be a challenge

That’s it… think you can keep up?

Contenders:
    1. thriftylass
    2. apple muncher
    3. greent
    4. DawnW
    5. determined new ms
    6. Calling14
    7. jojitsui
    8. misstara
    9. f0xh0les
    10. Tempus01
    11. 1LuckyLady
    12. cybertortoise
    13. dizzyblnd
    14. mothernerd
    15. Shakey87
    16. clippy_girl
    17. Fmess
    18. stoplurking
    19. ChasingSunshine
    20. Eager_Elephant
    21. Tjzdazz
    22. Kerry Woman
    23. FurryBeastOz
    24. Buffethedebtslayer
    25. bizzie
    26. squanderscouse
    27. Sun Addict
    28. LD_13
    29. NelliePie
    30. vintagebrighton
    31. indigowarrior
    32. crazy_cat_lady
    33. LollyPop0312
    34. foxgloves
    35. redofromstart
    36. Lauralozzle
    37. Abundant
    38. ooitsme
    39. threepenny bit

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 13-09-2017 at 9:13 AM.
    NST Sept 1
    SFD12/18 spends 447/400
    Exercise 12/20 Amazon vouchers for xmas £15
    Debt - all 0% 1436 to go from 5290 (72% paid off)
    DFD 2/2018 Mortgage 109343 (04/17) 16 years left
Page 22
    • bizzie
    • By bizzie 14th Sep 17, 10:49 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 648 Thanks
    bizzie
    Check in #14/30
    Spending today included ingredients ready for the weekend baking and replenishing some basic store cupboard items.
    Me time was a cuppa with a neighbour catching up after their holidays.

I also recommend the heated rail option, which I find is good for getting heavy items like denim and towels dry before they start smelling when they're not dried quick enough.
    Groceries £332.47/400 Spends £216.73/100 (oops )
    NST September #25 NSDs 13/18 @20/09/17
    Goals for 2017: Balance in
    Self: Health: Wealth :
    • stoplurking
    • By stoplurking 15th Sep 17, 7:29 AM
    • 347 Posts
    • 2,287 Thanks
    stoplurking
    Sorry I missed check in 14/30. Definitely not a SFD, paid £60 for yoga and a £2k deposit on an event. So, not very scrimpy. Met up with good friend and a bit of exercise so that's a win on social/me time front. Lunch to work 10/21. Dinners from stores/freezer. With the weekend coming up if I get 1 SFD I'll be happy.
    Hope everyone has a great day.
    LBM Oct12 Debts at LBM £17715.93.
    Orig DFD Apr15 DFD 24/12/13
    3-6monthEFC#9 £2160/4000 54%
    NST September Scrimper #18 SFD8/18
    • f0xh0les
    • By f0xh0les 15th Sep 17, 7:41 AM
    • 926 Posts
    • 6,614 Thanks
    f0xh0les
    Today will not be a NSD as I am paying the scaffolding bunny, so have done a food inventory and will menu plan and do a small shop while I am at it.

Not looking forward to the double glazing cheque going out, and my ££ safety net looks more like a hammock.

Gratitudes:

It's not raining!!
    MFW May 16 £118,340
    September 17 - £109,896.73
    • thriftylass
    • By thriftylass 15th Sep 17, 9:18 AM
    • 2,986 Posts
    • 24,398 Thanks
    thriftylass
    Hello fellow scrimpers!

f0xh0les there are some hefty bills coming up. But remember it sounds like you have saved the money and it's hard to part with it but it's getting paid without more debt!

Spend day here too. Booked tickets to the enchanted forrest and booked a good deal on a cabin for three nights after it. That's the first Oct holiday week covered. The second DS will go to holiday club.

Will be back later
    Last edited by thriftylass; 15-09-2017 at 9:24 AM.
    NST Sept 1
    SFD12/18 spends 447/400
    • ChasingSunshine
    • By ChasingSunshine 15th Sep 17, 9:47 AM
    • 90 Posts
    • 720 Thanks
    ChasingSunshine
    Morning and happy Friday,

Yesterday ended up being a NSD as was just shattered when came in from work and so didn't bother to hit the supermarket. Today have no choice as to keep using up food have to buy some fresh ingredients to make up the meals.

Good news that a neighbour from home is coming to visit in October. Staying for a week but will entertain herself when I am at work and we can just hang out in the evenings / weekend. Need to look up some cheap / free things to do locally as know she is going on mat leave soon and cash is tight.

Well done on having all the money saved for the windows f0xh0les can imagine it hurts to pay it out but how good not to have to borrow for any of it.
    • mothernerd
    • By mothernerd 15th Sep 17, 10:38 AM
    • 2,027 Posts
    • 20,558 Thanks
    mothernerd
    Sorry for missing check in - fell asleep whilst reading the column and when I woke up the battery needed recharging. Made it to mum's and did a small shop for each of us so no SFD. Did a little bit of work on sorting some crafty stuff and made meals for us both, but otherwise very lazy. Oh and booked a 5 day break in Harrogate in December for us both (mum paying). The 'Twixmas' break in LLandudno was fully booked - not sure whether to be sad or relieved, mum has already started issuing edicts about what I should wear (includes sandals 'for the evenings'). She has already said I need to start dieting for DS1's wedding (and cannot wear trainers under my dress - I gave her the look).

More of the same today, small shop (slightly further away than yesterday) for us both then taxi to mum's (will bring my shopping home later). Sun is shining so wondering if I can paint a fence post or two? Mr and Mrs Builder are still frantically busy (and Mrs Builder has sustained a couple of injuries), mum contacted the lad who painted inside the house but he hasn't got back to her so painting the yard and finishing the kitchen has reverted back to me ('we' mum says as in she says what needs doing and I do it - very slowly, in 15 minute chunks).

I am grateful for taxis (really could not even manage the bits I have done without them), for being able to walk about a little bit and for there being lots of benches in the town centre where I can stop for a while. I know I said I wanted to stop the world and get off for a bit, but I wanted to be fit to do some of the backlog of stuff accumulating - rest has done me good but I want to DO.
    Building a rainbow of happiness and joy
    NST Sep #14 SFD 10/18 Spent £53.84/ £60
    Debt free and EF January 2016 No mortgage
    Progress through plodding, baby steps and purposeful pottering
    • thriftylass
    • By thriftylass 15th Sep 17, 10:46 AM
    • 2,986 Posts
    • 24,398 Thanks
    thriftylass
    DS1's wedding (and cannot wear trainers under my dress - I gave her the look).
    Originally posted by mothernerd
    I think you could, maybe not the dirty gardening ones . Most dresses are long enough so no-one would notice. Or you could get dressy flat pumps or sth. A friend of mine got married and she has a bad spine. So as the bride she wore high heels for the ceremony and then slipped into her favourite golden trainers . No-one bat an eyelid as they knew she couldn't wear heels all day.

I turned up to a wedding in high heels but had my trainers in the car. The ground was so uneven that I had to take my heels off and wore my trainers with my 50s pencil dress.
    Last edited by thriftylass; 15-09-2017 at 12:04 PM.
    NST Sept 1
    SFD12/18 spends 447/400
    • vintagebrighton
    • By vintagebrighton 15th Sep 17, 12:21 PM
    • 533 Posts
    • 1,559 Thanks
    vintagebrighton
    Check in 15/30 and have pencilled myself in for a NSD, number 8 of 18

Today is lovely and sunny and finally getting my tax refund money made it even brighter

My daughter send me my money back too as she's now safely in Australia for the next 6-8 months.

So, I still have my £1000 emergency money in premium bonds (you never know, I can daydream about the big one)

I've also opened a separate savings account which I can't take money from for 12 months. Feels like I'm getting somewhere

Heating - not yet. I almost cracked yesterday (for the guest you understand) but I've not yet had the heating on in this flat and I couldn't get it to work! Something to sort by October

Shopping can wait till tomorrow - hence the NSD.

Beauty spends - none yet

Exercise - will go for a long walk while the sunshine lasts

Me time - crochet later

mothernerd I also can't wear heels (or most shoes) For those occasions when something less sturdy looking is needed I can highly recommend skechers memory foam ballerina style pumps. No one would guess they wear like trainers

Anyway, have a lovely day scrimpers

VB x
    Food Budget ~ £120/£160
    Weight Loss Challenge ~ 38/84 NSD ~ 11/18
    • Calling14
    • By Calling14 15th Sep 17, 12:24 PM
    • 2,480 Posts
    • 18,452 Thanks
    Calling14
    SFD lost count but it is no more than 3/18. Worst ever been and I need eggs today. Slapped wrists for not getting them in big food shop.

Food spends so far 83/100
    Petrol 40.06/40 oops
    Going out 38.50 (£22 ticket gig in future) can't remember any social life.

Feeling tad fed up as just about keeping head up over water with debts.

Heating went on last night, I just couldn't get warm as sat still in cold office yesterday and I am full of cold. Washing aired at same time, had been out on the line. Heating was heavenly and treated myself to a warm bath as well.

Spent yesterday, went to primark why? Needed leggings ok only £2 each but somehow spent £17 but got a cute woolley pompom hat in the mix.

Made chicken curry in slow cooker yesterday, just wish taken skin off the thighs first. Can't say I really enjoyed it but hey ho got it again for tea tonight.

Off out for a walk and get some library books for some me time tomorrow.

Mothernerd good luck on the shoe front, no sparkly sandals you could put on.?
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 NOW 1460
    PAYDBX 2017 #16 2840/4300 DFD 12/17
    E
    Fund #9 £120/£1,000
    1 x 100 days challenge 50/2000 ends 29/12/17

• greent
    • By greent 15th Sep 17, 4:12 PM
    • 6,191 Posts
    • 62,680 Thanks
    greent
    Day 15 - Halfway There!!
    SFDs - still 8/18. - bought food (& loo rolls) today. Will also order DS1 some books for school (not enough text books - school won't buy any more as this is the last year of this spec - will cost me c £40 for 2nd hand copies....) Was also OH's MOT & car service - needed some new bush bar thing.... total cost £410....

Extra monies/ debt repayment - Spent coinage from piggy bank in supermarket today - equivalent (rounded up) amount transferred to kitchen fund. ALso BTL rent arrived - s paid £408 OP to BTL mtge

Food - running total £234.08/ £450 (ETA: OH popped out late in evening for bacon & sausages for weekend, so spend increased)

Eating up/ using up stuff - OH brought back some more tea & coffee from the hotel he stayed at this week - so have used some of those up. Also used some freebie shampoo sachets up.

Lunches taken - 3 x packed lunches for children today.

Social life - went out for afternoon tea today - was a gift voucher, so no cost

Exercise - 2/3. Have achieved min 10K steps every day this week so far - today's is only at 6k - so may need to go for a walk later...

Beauty - £2.73/ £10

Time for self - afternoon tea

Heating off - yep.

Gratitudes:
    * DS1 enjoying his driving lessons (I think!)
    * DS3 being in an absolutely delightful mood
    * DD doing the first school run for me tonight

Halfway there. I thought I was doing well with NSDs - but I'm actually slightly off target in that case... (However, I'm personally more concerned with budgets overall, rather than NSDs, but I appreciate that others prefer stricter guidelines)
    x
    Last edited by greent; 16-09-2017 at 5:22 PM.
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) Bal 01/09 £124616 01/10 £104927 01/11 £89873 01/12 £76317 01/13 £52546 01/14 £35356 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Next: BTL Mtge 12/16 £69786. 2017 OPs (#18) £4151/£3286
    Net sales 2017 £1152.39/£500 PAYDOX17 £11333/£10k Decluttered 1515/2017 items
    • crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 15th Sep 17, 5:31 PM
    • 3,327 Posts
    • 28,584 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    I got married wearing baseball boots. And I didn't care. It was my wedding and I didn't judge anyone else so I was going to wear what I wanted. Wear your trainers if you like Mothernerd.
    Another week gone by in the blink of an eye - so busy at work already and only the end of week 2. I'm tired, and busy. On the plus side, this builds up nsd's quite quickly, and I've bagged another 2. Plus the open evening is done for another year so hopefully I can look at getting into a routine next week without too many late finishes.
    NSTSeptember #32 NSD 8/18 RYSAW17 #1 £1313.42 20p Savers #88 £1 a day for Xmas # DFD 6 Nov 15 - paid £28,447
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 15th Sep 17, 6:14 PM
    • 3,629 Posts
    • 17,648 Thanks
    foxgloves
    Hi Scrimpers,
    Check-in 15/30
    SFD 5/18
    Beauty spends still at £6.50/£10
    Exercise goal - don't think I'll hit my step total but won't be too far off.
    Me time - watched 'Cold feet' & knitted.
    Useful activity: Picked a huge bowl full of pears, also courgettes, corn-on-the-cob, rocket & spring onions. Another 500g of green tomatoes had ripened indoors so moved them to the fridge. Wrote shopping list & have already crossed off 2 items we can do without till next time. Mended a top & found a pretty Indian bedspread in the linen cupboard which I think I can make into a door curtain.....i.e Free......unlike that £50's worth of fabric I looked at in town this week & thankfully did not buy.
    Mr f still researching mobile deals. We are really noticing how there seem to be far fewer genuinely good deals around these days where mobiles are concerned. Am happy to go sim only....I don't like the wastefulness of all this endless upgrading, but looks like I'll need to change network to get anything like a decent reduction on what we currently pay.
    Anyway......more knitting now or I'll have no goods for sale.
    Cheers all,
    F
    Money can't jump out of your purse on its own so ask 'Can I borrow one, make one, grow one, bake one, re-purpose or recycle, acquire it for free?' Yes? Then put that purse away & keep your money because little savings grow!
    Loan pay-down fund instalment 2 = £120
    Payment received from surveys: 2015 = £320 2016 = £210 2017 = £246
    • Lauralozzle
    • By Lauralozzle 15th Sep 17, 7:01 PM
    • 406 Posts
    • 3,736 Thanks
    Lauralozzle
    Yesterday was a NSD so I'm at 7/18. Today was not - I succumbed to the lure of chocolate and sweets. I don't regret it for a second though!

I am glad it's the weekend now. Could really do with a relaxing two days off work before it all starts again. I'm counting down the days until I'm off - only a week to go so I can hang on in there!
    September grocery challenge £261.96/£275| Emergency £1,000 challenge - £55/£1,000 | September NSD 11/18
    Credit Card: £245 (0%) | Car Finance: £8,427 (7.9% APR) | Mortgage: £111,817 (3.99% APR)
    Wedding Fund: £3,564.74
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 15th Sep 17, 8:36 PM
    • 6,297 Posts
    • 45,847 Thanks
    apple muncher
    Today I am grateful for the buses, for good chats with friends, for finally getting the overpaid money back for my dad's council tax, for dd squeaking with excitement as she read her book, for still picking my rasps, for dh and I getting the food shopping done between us and thus freeing up the weekend, for readable books that keep me interested, for a yummy anniversary meal courtesy of aldee's chilled curry range.
    NST Sept scrimper #2; NSD 9; Ex 7; craft 212; remove 510
    2017 MFW#63 Pay off: £2883/£4050; 2
    017 sell 110

Mortgage £24,331 (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295) MFWDate Dec 2018
    • mothernerd
    • By mothernerd 15th Sep 17, 8:58 PM
    • 2,027 Posts
    • 20,558 Thanks
    mothernerd
    Check in 15/30 and have pencilled myself in for a NSD, number 8 of 18

mothernerd I also can't wear heels (or most shoes) For those occasions when something less sturdy looking is needed I can highly recommend skechers memory foam ballerina style pumps. No one would guess they wear like trainers

Anyway, have a lovely day scrimpers

VB x
    Originally posted by vintagebrighton
    I think you could, maybe not the dirty gardening ones . Most dresses are long enough so no-one would notice. Or you could get dressy flat pumps or sth. A friend of mine got married and she has a bad spine. So as the bride she wore high heels for the ceremony and then slipped into her favourite golden trainers . No-one bat an eyelid as they knew she couldn't wear heels all day.

I turned up to a wedding in high heels but had my trainers in the car. The ground was so uneven that I had to take my heels off and wore my trainers with my 50s pencil dress.
    Originally posted by thriftylass
    I got married wearing baseball boots. And I didn't care. It was my wedding and I didn't judge anyone else so I was going to wear what I wanted. Wear your trainers if you like Mothernerd.

Originally posted by crazy_cat_lady
    Thanks for all your suggestions. Mum said something again today, so I told her about the gorgeous knee length black DMs with red roses embroidered up the sides which I had seen earlier.

Not going to worry about footwear just yet, much more worried about flying - must get in touch with Manchester airport.

Today was a slower version of yesterday. Woke reasonably early but took my time getting ready, walked slowly to the SM (had to sit down in the market, then a taxi to mum's. Just got home, legs are very creaky today and I occasionally go off balance but only a mis-step not falling over. early night as I want to tackle the kitchen tomorrow, even if I have to sit on a chair and push it round.

Today I am grateful that the SM had the things I wanted (lovely watercress and bananas, yoghurts on offer 12 for £3 - bought 12 for me and 12 for mum including an after eight one). They are the SW recommended ones for anyone following that plan, normally 68p each.

Grateful for a lovely relaxing morning (can't quite get all the kinks out of my back) and for an absorbing novel (had several modern ones by this author but this is set in Henry VIII's reign.
    Building a rainbow of happiness and joy
    NST Sep #14 SFD 10/18 Spent £53.84/ £60
    Debt free and EF January 2016 No mortgage
    Progress through plodding, baby steps and purposeful pottering
    • Kerry Woman
    • By Kerry Woman 15th Sep 17, 9:27 PM
    • 1,946 Posts
    • 18,354 Thanks
    Kerry Woman
    Day 15
    Today was a spend day. Had to buy tv mag and bus pass.
    Had to buy toothpaste. Buy this through an ethical company, which sells natural, organic items. Brought 12. If got 3 was able to get £1 off also had a 20% code so saved £12.68. They usually last quite a while. Also had to get a few things for my Mum. Spends updated in my notebook.
    My Mum and I both had a GP appt. Got cab there. Was going to get a cab back but there was a 40 minute wait, so took my Mum back home in the wheelchair through the park. Both enjoyed going through the park.
    Did the usual walking, reading my book and bringing my lunch into work.
    Managed to do a few things tonight so I can chill out over the weekend. Food shopping planned for tomorrow.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2017
    Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
    NSK September SFD 12/18 Food/Household £105.90/£150 Exercise 14
    • bizzie
    • By bizzie 15th Sep 17, 10:45 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 648 Thanks
    bizzie
    Checking in #15/30.
    Still at NSD #10/18.

Plenty of food bought which will provide meals until at least Tuesday next week.
    Weekend baking already underway by DD - requests from friends for their planned DVD binge session tomorrow. Will be plenty left to go round for the rest of us. Downside somehow I got lumbered with the washing up.
    Still refusing to put the heating on so grateful for fleece blankets.
    Groceries £332.47/400 Spends £216.73/100 (oops )
    NST September #25 NSDs 13/18 @20/09/17
    Goals for 2017: Balance in
    Self: Health: Wealth :
    • thriftylass
    • By thriftylass 15th Sep 17, 11:46 PM
    • 2,986 Posts
    • 24,398 Thanks
    thriftylass
    mothernerd oh I would love to have a pair of the DMs with the roses.

Back from my nightout, was fab but spent more than a tenner. Will check tomorrow. More soon

Night night
    NST Sept 1
    SFD12/18 spends 447/400
    • threepenny bit
    • By threepenny bit 16th Sep 17, 4:39 AM
    • 193 Posts
    • 1,659 Thanks
    threepenny bit
    Ended up buying some toothpaste and fruit today at local market so not the NSD I planned.
    Not been doing much as I have been shattered after work and only fit to drop into bed lol! We have gone away for the weekend in our caravan which means we will spend money on site fees that I didn't budget ... will have to steal from some other pot :P
    Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend
    x
    Grocery challenge - $150 for Sept 81.65/150
    1st challenge to pay CC (JV1) 3250/$4250
    Work on selling items and make $100 a month for the rest of this year 36/100
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 16th Sep 17, 8:12 AM
    • 6,297 Posts
    • 45,847 Thanks
    apple muncher
    Spendy day today on SW weekly fee and then chicken and chips after weigh in

Originally posted by Fmess
    I know you wrote this a few days ago, fmess, but it is at the top of my current page so I see it a lot. Your rebellion makes me giggle every time!
    NST Sept scrimper #2; NSD 9; Ex 7; craft 212; remove 510
    2017 MFW#63 Pay off: £2883/£4050; 2
    017 sell 110

Mortgage £24,331 (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295) MFWDate Dec 2018
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

95Posts Today

1,602Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin