Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • thriftylass
    • By thriftylass 29th Aug 17, 3:16 PM
    • 2,987Posts
    • 24,399Thanks
    thriftylass
    NST Super September Scrimping challenge
    • 29th Aug 17, 3:16 PM
    NST Super September Scrimping challenge 29th Aug 17 at 3:16 PM
    A warm and fuzzy autumnal welcome to the NST Super September Scrimping challenge, for newbies and seasoned debt busters alike.

(Don’t want the following to sound too harsh but I need it this month)

September means for many getting back into the swing of new school and work routines. Also, the colder months are looming and we should maybe consider starting to get ready for winter and the festivities or at least start a wee bit of forward planning.

The whole idea of this challenge is for you to start looking to where you WANT to be, consider why you aren’t at that point and start realising what is going WRONG. And also, I need you to help me because when I have people to answer to I won’t spend anything!

Seriously though – you can’t save for a house if you have debt. You can’t have a new kitchen if you can’t afford the food to put in it……………. you need to get a debt free day graved in stone and start aiming for it. Enough is enough. Christmas is but 16 weeks away – are you ready for that little charmer?

So again, I’d like to go back to basics and a few stricter rules back form NinjasavingKat’s days.

These are the rules….. clear and simple!

*This challenge starts on the 1st September at 00:01 and closes on the 30th September at 00:00.

*Try and check in once a day with your progress !

*Get a little notebook that you can fit in your bag, or a slip of paper! Write down everything you spend - good and bad!!

*You will aim for 18 SFDs!(Spend Free Days). If purchases of “yellow sticker delights” are made without full price items this is an SFD. Medication and normal monthly DD’s or CC payments are exempt and you may class these days as SFD’s also.

*Pay you debts and bills first, budget to live off what is left!

*You must decide on a budget for food now. This must be stuck to rigidly until the last day of the month ! Consider how much you REALLY need to feed your family, make meal plans, limit snacking with the kids or tell them “when it’s gone that’s it until next week”. Mine is £350.

*Try and eat everything in your cupboards and freezer BEFORE buying any more. Money spent each week will be for essentials – bread, milk and fruit & veg before buying more. Get right down to the bottom of that chest freezer, get out those nearly out of date packets of rice. Stop stock piling for Armageddon and wasting money. I don’t care if you are prepping for visitors or a “just in case” situation! (note to mainly myself: STOP SPENDING SO MUCH ON FOOD!) I need to defrost my freezer and clean my fridge so this rule will help

*You must bring your lunch to work every day. No coffee shops, no work canteen, no cafes, no sandwiches – NOTHING. You will waste SO many precious £££’s when something better can be created at home. If you think it doesn’t matter and I won’t find out – you are right. But you are cheating yourself.

*Plot the course of your social life now before the beginning of September. Make sure you have a budget planned for meals that can’t be wormed out of and birthdays etc. Money placed aside for holidays can be classed as “no spend days” – anything over the budget will ruin that SFD!! Cancel something you really don’t want to go to –you HAVE to start making sacrifices now.

*Decide on your DFD!– when do you want to start doing what you want to do???

*You will accomplish some sort of exercise per week, 3 sessions of 20 minutes anyway you want. Walk someone’s pooch, walk to work, walk around your block 5 times… anything!

*Beauty spends are not allowed to exceed £10. That includes you boys as well. Use up all that you have in the house BEFORE spending anything more on beauty bits – seriously how many body moisturisers do you need ladies?

*Make time for yourself this month. Even if it’s only 10 minutes a day do something for yourself whether that is going for a walk, having a bath with loads of bubbles or sitting outside with a drink – we need to make the most of the evenings.

*Keep the heating off as long as possible, put a jumper on etc. We live in the north of Scotland in an 80s bungalow with metal windows. So it might be a challenge

That’s it… think you can keep up?

Contenders:
    1. thriftylass
    2. apple muncher
    3. greent
    4. DawnW
    5. determined new ms
    6. Calling14
    7. jojitsui
    8. misstara
    9. f0xh0les
    10. Tempus01
    11. 1LuckyLady
    12. cybertortoise
    13. dizzyblnd
    14. mothernerd
    15. Shakey87
    16. clippy_girl
    17. Fmess
    18. stoplurking
    19. ChasingSunshine
    20. Eager_Elephant
    21. Tjzdazz
    22. Kerry Woman
    23. FurryBeastOz
    24. Buffethedebtslayer
    25. bizzie
    26. squanderscouse
    27. Sun Addict
    28. LD_13
    29. NelliePie
    30. vintagebrighton
    31. indigowarrior
    32. crazy_cat_lady
    33. LollyPop0312
    34. foxgloves
    35. redofromstart
    36. Lauralozzle
    37. Abundant
    38. ooitsme
    39. threepenny bit

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 13-09-2017 at 9:13 AM.
    NST Sept 1
    SFD12/18 spends 447/400
    Exercise 12/20 Amazon vouchers for xmas £15
    Debt - all 0% 1436 to go from 5290 (72% paid off)
    DFD 2/2018 Mortgage 109343 (04/17) 16 years left
Page 16
    • redofromstart
    • By redofromstart 9th Sep 17, 8:54 PM
    • 313 Posts
    • 1,363 Thanks
    redofromstart
    Hi threepennybit

NSD here, hurrah. really low on milk though, the boys are eating so much cereal. Not a bad thing in itself, but the milk usage is enormous.
    • misstara
    • By misstara 9th Sep 17, 10:02 PM
    • 2,358 Posts
    • 16,335 Thanks
    misstara
    Had a check so was on 4 NSDs yesterday, today makes 5
    Debt at LBM Jan 2014 £10458.09 Now £0
    New flat debt Jan 2017 £2302.75 Now £1525.60 (33.7% paid)
    Mini Targets
    Exercise target - Run 3/8, Gym 1/4. Groceries target £101.46/£150. NSD target 7/18.
    • bizzie
    • By bizzie 9th Sep 17, 10:20 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 654 Thanks
    bizzie
    Check in #8 missed the midnight cut off so carried over to today.
    Another quiet day. Avoided going out so NSD #6/18.

Check in #9/30 again avoided going out so now at NSD #7/18.
    Repeat of yesterday. Exciting life I'm leading at the moment.

Tomorrow looks like it will be a spendy day. Need to get some bits for some baking - new recipes that my DDs want to try.
    Groceries £332.47/400 Spends £216.73/100 (oops )
    NST September #25 NSDs 13/18 @20/09/17
    Goals for 2017: Balance in
    Self: Health: Wealth :
    • mothernerd
    • By mothernerd 9th Sep 17, 10:27 PM
    • 2,027 Posts
    • 20,563 Thanks
    mothernerd
    Took 3 of us until 2am to get the new printer working -technology just stops working when I am in the same room. Printed out the forms I needed and sent them off. Not a lot of sleep but did quite a lot of shopping, mostly for mum and then had a wander round for heritage day.

Mum decided to stay home (took until 11am for the rain to slacken off). I looked at the vintage cars (not ancient, the oldest two wer ones I remember from childhood, the WWII display (gun, shells, land rover/ ambulance van, uniforms, did the guided tour of the town hall, picked up a free book and gave a donation for some toilet rolls (toilet twinning for places where they don't have toilets), looked at the archives new home and chatted to members of some local groups (history/ family history/ creative writing).

Went home and ate and then packed my bags for mum's. Spent the afternoon mostly cutting up bits of paper. Came home at 9.30pm. Mum asked about tomorrow - the canal festival is on all weekend and I had suggested getting a taxi to the pub (centre for the festival) and sitting outside to look at the boats/ barges. Weather does not look promising and I do have other things to do.

Today I am grateful for lovely food, for reducing my pesonal paper mountain and for an interesting day.
    Building a rainbow of happiness and joy
    NST Sep #14 SFD 10/18 Spent £53.84/ £60
    Debt free and EF January 2016 No mortgage
    Progress through plodding, baby steps and purposeful pottering
    • threepenny bit
    • By threepenny bit 10th Sep 17, 5:01 AM
    • 193 Posts
    • 1,660 Thanks
    threepenny bit
    4 NSD this month so far and am aiming for 3 each week.
    Will need to shop tomorrow as both cars need petrol ready for work, I need a few groceries but only milk, bananas and lettuce so should have plenty of change from my 20 quid that is in the shopping pot! Also need to collect prescription but it is prepaid already so thats ok.
    Hubby has decided we need to trim a tree in our front garden - his idea of trimming is leaving a totem pole like stick
    Grocery challenge - $150 for Sept 81.65/150
    1st challenge to pay CC (JV1) 3250/$4250
    Work on selling items and make $100 a month for the rest of this year 36/100
    • LollyPop0312
    • By LollyPop0312 10th Sep 17, 8:21 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 219 Thanks
    LollyPop0312
    OK..day 10/30..only managed 3 no spend days so really need today to be a NSD and gotta up those NSDs..but feeling determined! Have however had a few grocery frugal wins..reduced chicken 1kg, and made burgers and meatballs from scratch and discovered how much cheaper it was bit of a shock there! Basically we have more than enough food to get by, I just need to stay OUT OF THE FOOD SHOP. I just love food shopping! Anyways hope everyone's enjoying the challenge! Lolly xx
    • crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 10th Sep 17, 8:48 AM
    • 3,327 Posts
    • 28,585 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    Morning all
    Didn't leave the house yesterday, but didn't manage a nsd. I'd ordered the grocery shop online to stop me wandering and spending on stuff I don't want or need. I did get a £4.65 brand match refund as well, which was unexpected and nice.
    There isn't much to report - back into the routine of too much work and not enough spare time for much else. I enjoyed a relaxing day off yesterday watching tv and doing some crochet. I thoroughly enjoyed it as well - but today will need to be some school work. Hopefully just an hour or two though. Also off to visit my mam for a catch up which will be lovely.
    Right, the plan is that if I get the work done now I can enjoy the rest of the day.
    NSTSeptember #32 NSD 8/18 RYSAW17 #1 £1313.42 20p Savers #88 £1 a day for Xmas # DFD 6 Nov 15 - paid £28,447
    • stoplurking
    • By stoplurking 10th Sep 17, 9:04 AM
    • 347 Posts
    • 2,288 Thanks
    stoplurking
    Missed check in yesterday, sorry. Still on 5/18 SFD as needed a birthday card and postage. Hopefully today will be spend free.

No beauty spends so far but I think I'll need hair dye this month and that can be up to£10, unless I get it on a deal. Sometimes buy one get one.

Me time is going ok but just pottering around really, nothing in particular. Might get some crochet done today. Trying to be frugal with food -oh controls that budget so I'm not taking account of any spends there but am doubling up recipes and putting the extra in the freezer. Today will cook chicken for roast today, then it will do a risotto and hopefully a pie later this month. Making stock with the carcass too.

Will check back later today to report if SFD achieved. Have a good day everyone.
    LBM Oct12 Debts at LBM £17715.93.
    Orig DFD Apr15 DFD 24/12/13
    3-6monthEFC#9 £2160/4000 54%
    NST September Scrimper #18 SFD8/18
    • Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 10th Sep 17, 9:28 AM
    • 4,079 Posts
    • 21,890 Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    Thrifty & Eager Elephant - If you want the older version of YNAB which doesn't have to be connected to your bank account (I have the older version and didn't know this was even possible), go to the YNAB website, scroll all the way to the bottom and there's a link which says older versions. They should still be good to go.
    Originally posted by cybertortoise
    I am old school and use the old YNAB, I brought it via Steam so I don't get any annoying emails about upgrading to the new version.
    I have seen comments that the new is not as good as the old so will stick with what I have as it does the job perfectly.

Managed 2 more NSD's which were Weds and Thurs.

Yesterday was a spend day as collected our chicks which we are rearing on for meat.

Today will also be a spend day as the freezer is bare except for 2 lots of milk and some pork (from our own pigs)
    Ninja Saving Turtle No. 20 for August
    NSD - 0/18
    (up to 01/09/17)
    My Diary is here - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2175629 (Eager Elephants Effective Everyday Excursion)
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 10th Sep 17, 11:59 AM
    • 4,497 Posts
    • 34,343 Thanks
    DawnW
    Morning all - didn't manage to check in yesterday so have lost count

Still only 1/18 SFDs - OH bought fuel for the car yesterday and this morning I found bargainous gammon joints and unused clothing items that were on my 'needs' list, less than £15 for a dress, a pair of boots, a top and 3 gammon joints - love car boot sales Sadly the diesel for the car was a lot more

Added gammon joints spend (£10) to my total food spend in my signature, all spends recorded in my little black book. I have spent just over half of my food / toiletry / pet food etc budget, so must take care for the rest of the month. I shan't need to do another big shop though.

Using up - I made a huge vat of courgette, pea and pesto soup from stores / garden produce yesterday, which will do for lunches for most of the week Also rinsing out almost empty shower gel containers left behind in the spare room ensuite by DS. The rinsings do very well instead of bath foam for nice bubbly baths

Used some wine we already had as a present, and a card from my stash for a friend's birthday

No eating or coffee out

Exercise - well the dog got a move on this morning for a change
    No heating
    Grocery spends for September £143.05 / £160.00 (includes milkman's bill)
    SFDs for September 5/18
    • f0xh0les
    • By f0xh0les 10th Sep 17, 1:14 PM
    • 926 Posts
    • 6,617 Thanks
    f0xh0les
    Hi threepennybit

NSD here, hurrah. really low on milk though, the boys are eating so much cereal. Not a bad thing in itself, but the milk usage is enormous.
    Originally posted by redofromstart
    I am on the third litre of the day, and it isn't even lunchtime.

SFDs - 7 NSDs already!!

Extra monies - none, but did get £4 H&B vouchers that I used for 3 big packs of pretzels and two big bags of dried fruit and peel for the Xmas cake - cost 0p - bogohp and YS too, and used a loyalty card for a free gelato.

Food - enough in the house to do the week, even if DH took every single snack bar in the house as he fears vegans die in Holland from malnution. He is there for 4 days. Drama queen.

Eating up/ using up stuff- sad looking plums and pears in an 'orchard crumble' in the oven now, smells divine, as the oven was on, I made half a dozen scones. Lunch is from stores - tomato and red pepper soup with doughballs. Supper will probably be pizza. Cupcakes made for lunchboxes tomorrow and I made a very small seedcake cos my boys are p*rv*ts and like carraway. Also found a half full coffee jar of corn for popping, so will make a start on that with films this afternoon.

Lunches -kids all have packed lunch, I have whatever is left over, too small for a family meal, stuff they have deemed too 'ski-dusting' to be termed 'food'

Social life - none for the foreseeable

Exercise - none at all due to waiting in for workmen and repairmen - I am going back to sit ups on the living room floor at this rate.

Beauty - £0.00 - still have one mudpack, have told the kids to use the bars of soap that old people keep giving me - it seems people give old people bars of soap as gifts. The old people in question are bemused by this, but prefer bottled soap, so I must get given 20 bars a year. Some go in drawers to scent clothes/ deter moths and then migrate toward the bathroom cupboard.

Time for self - reading (laundry does NOT count!!!) films, plenty of alone time as DH is not coming back until Sunday night and half the kids are in bed at 7 and the other half at 9, but they are staring at computers/in their own rooms so it is like being alone anyway.

No heating on over here, and I broke the news to the kids that the heating went off in April. They had not noticed -probably why they keep putting things over the radiators to dry, and I keep taking them off and putting them in the airing cupboard.
    MFW May 16 £118,340
    September 17 - £109,896.73
    • mothernerd
    • By mothernerd 10th Sep 17, 3:23 PM
    • 2,027 Posts
    • 20,563 Thanks
    mothernerd
    When I went in the bathroom this morning the towel rail was hot, so I immediately went downstairs and turned the heating off again - best I can do other than sit beside it 24 hours per day and chase DS3 and Beloved if they come near it.

I have been working on the kitchen and when I need to rest I am still taming the paper piles of card-making materials (two trays full gone through this morning) with short breaks in between - allowing myself to read one chapter of my book. Last one was only 5 pages long so had not even picked my drink up.

I know I am getting old but I've just been turned into history. At yesterday's event, I bought a copy of the local archives newsletter (Apr- Jul edition). I only buy it every so often if there is something interesting on the cover. When I turned to the contents page there was an artcle on a local community paper that my ex and I were both involved with.

It's written by someone who was there in the early years (from 1973) with much less about the later period (up to 1983) so we aren't named though I know most of those who are (from other groups and organisations I have been involved with). However one of the cartoon characters mentioned (featured in all the later episodes) was based on my husband.

The majority of the articles are based on archive material from the 1880s (one from 1670 and one from 1909) so feeling rather ancient atm - should I be wrapped in newspaper and put away in the attic?
    Building a rainbow of happiness and joy
    NST Sep #14 SFD 10/18 Spent £53.84/ £60
    Debt free and EF January 2016 No mortgage
    Progress through plodding, baby steps and purposeful pottering
    • vintagebrighton
    • By vintagebrighton 10th Sep 17, 4:35 PM
    • 533 Posts
    • 1,560 Thanks
    vintagebrighton
    Check in 10/30 and NSD number 5

Have no free airbnb nights left in September as all the cancelled nights have been rebooked. Started getting bookings for November and the first one for January 2018! That's a level of organisation I don't have

Have been doing my budgets based on our irregular income (knowing there's freelance work till April for hubby). I've also assumed 15 airbnb booked nights a month which I don't think is over ambitious.

I think we should be able to save about 2.5k The other 2.5k I want to save will have to come from eBay sales, surveys, crafting, MB and any other way I can find to make money at home.

I have restrictions on what I can do but I love a plan!

Me time - netflix and crochet

Heating - pft, no chance

Budgets - all sorted

Using up stores - hubby's the cook but we're having a frugal shopping month so stores duly getting used

Enjoy what's left of your weekend scrimpers

VB x
    Food Budget ~ £120/£160
    Weight Loss Challenge ~ 38/84 NSD ~ 11/18
    • Kerry Woman
    • By Kerry Woman 10th Sep 17, 5:29 PM
    • 1,947 Posts
    • 18,358 Thanks
    Kerry Woman
    Day 10
    Today was a spend day. Was only a small amount-£2. Brought 2 charity wristbands(different colours) at the charity walk I attended. Money spent entered into notebook.
    Did walk the 9.5k in 1 hour and 48 minutes. Was nice walking in London and seeing the sights.
    Had the sandwich that was brought yesterday.
    Going to chill out this evening and going to read some of my book.
    Breakfast and dinner from food already in.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2017
    Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
    NSK September SFD 12/18 Food/Household £105.90/£150 Exercise 14
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 10th Sep 17, 5:38 PM
    • 3,629 Posts
    • 17,650 Thanks
    foxgloves
    Hi Scrimpers,
    Check-in 10/30
    And oh, my sainted trousers! A SFD. 1/18. Might even get a couple more this week!
    A bit of useful scrimpy behaviour - have put washer on timer to do a big laundry load overnight on cheap tariff, managed to get today's load almost dry outside on the line. Baked bread, picked up more windfall pears, mr f dug up enough potatoes for this week. Re-used hot bath water to soak cat's blanket. Most useful job has been synchronising our diaries, doing lots of planning inc getting my budget dates on the calendar & writing some challenging but achievable job lists for the week ahead. Oh...& I re-listed some stuff on ebay.
    Exercise - won't hit my 7000 step goal today though won't be too far off.
    Ok, must get my needles clicking if I'm to get this stuff knitted for craft stall.
    Am enjoying reading how everyone's doing.
    F x
    Money can't jump out of your purse on its own so ask 'Can I borrow one, make one, grow one, bake one, re-purpose or recycle, acquire it for free?' Yes? Then put that purse away & keep your money because little savings grow!
    Loan pay-down fund instalment 2 = £120
    Payment received from surveys: 2015 = £320 2016 = £210 2017 = £246
    • clippy_girl
    • By clippy_girl 10th Sep 17, 6:01 PM
    • 2,220 Posts
    • 8,477 Thanks
    clippy_girl
    Evening all

Yesterday was def not a NSD! £55 spent on massage and waxing. Normally only get back, neck and shoulder but treated myself to a full body. Back and neck not as tense as usual so I guess it it posture at desk/stress of work causing it (only been at work 6 days since last one). However my calfs were really tight and actually cried out when she did those (even though I can put up with her using her elbows and thumbs in my back) need to revisit the training on setting up my desk properly (stupid hot desking )

Then I spent £100 on new winter boots as mine have fallen apart and feel they are already needed due to rain hopefully last two winters.

Then went to John Lewis to test out the simba mattress as I get back pain in bed and want to replace mine. Felt great and as there is a 100 night guarantee I decided to go for it. So £599 later I bought it direct from simba though and got £20 cash back.

Then £10 in wilco on vitamins, spotlight lightbulb and dishwasher cleaner.

It was pouring so I didn't want to walk home in rain then back in again to meet friends later but luckily one friend was also in the city so we went to wetherspoons. I drank water though

Then went for meal and was v nice. Did have g&t though and ice cream that's my only event planned until the last weekend of the month unless I go to cinema with a £5 vouch.

Today has been a NSD I have made pots of squash and spinach red curry, Jamie's yellow chicken curry, leek and potato soup and beef, apricot and prune stew. Also put everything back in the cupboard so fingers crossed weevils are gone

Bought my home insurance today and managed to get £40 cash back as well as save £165
    • FurryBeastOz
    • By FurryBeastOz 10th Sep 17, 6:13 PM
    • 1,081 Posts
    • 14,283 Thanks
    FurryBeastOz
    Not a NSD as planned. Diving was binned so we did our 2nd bouldering session (anniversary present to ourselves) and we are going out to dinner tonight. Fingers and toes crossed that the hospital doesn't call DH in.

Went through the urge number of clothes I bought on Friday. About 1/2 is going back (including the 2 most expensive items). I am wearing skinny black jeans (I have legs) and a gorgeous fuzzy cardigan. Careful make-up, and I FEEL GREAT

Exercise - Bouldering! I took Friday off as a needed rest day but otherwise I've done at least one session a day so far this month.

Budgets - well within food budget. Massive cook-fest this weekend. Soups, cake, Breakfast bake, Turkey Casserole. Freezer now full. Managed to dissuade DH from buying steak to cook for our anniversary tomorrow night by unearthing a YS pack from freezer. Last time he cooked, he went out and bought EVERY ingredient. I could have cried. I just took the recipes off him today and pointed out substitutions etc and we have everything already.

Me time - has been us time. Very rare and to be valued above hens teeth.

Have a great Sunday evening people.
    *** Debt Free***
    NST September - /18
    Goals - Weight loss 0/13lb from 1st Jul 17
    GC To 1/9/17 £2152.27/£3,500, 61.5/66.6% of the year. Had to raise budget
    • ChasingSunshine
    • By ChasingSunshine 10th Sep 17, 6:18 PM
    • 90 Posts
    • 721 Thanks
    ChasingSunshine
    Evening all,

Today has been a NSD for me. Hoping to make up for some of the budget lapses earlier in the weekend. Will get there.

I am like you clippy_girl and think my posture is suffering from how I sit at the desk at work but have just remembered have a voucher for a free full body massage so will book that in as a treat this week.
    • greent
    • By greent 10th Sep 17, 6:50 PM
    • 6,192 Posts
    • 62,685 Thanks
    greent
    SFDs - now 4/18. - achieved one today (although OH had to pop out late last night for bacon for brunch today in order to get one today! )

Extra monies/ debt repayment - nothing today.

Food - running total £185.21/ £450

Eating up/ using up stuff - DD will be having chicken (roasted after freezer incident and then frozen in gravy) with leftover roasties. OH and I may just have toast - large brunch followed by a bit of party food this afternoon means we are still stuffed! ETA: Also used up 6 bars of soap to make laundry gloop

Lunches taken - n/a today

Social life - 5yo's party today. Already had all the present bits, card, paper, gift bag in my stash - so no cost whatsoever

Exercise - 2/3 for this week. Will try harder next week for formal exercise

Beauty - £2.73/ £10

Time for self - read a few chapters last night of new book. Will do the same tonight

Heating off - yep. Definitely cooler, though. Today I am wearing socks and a 3/4 sleeve top!

Gratitudes:
    * seeing family and friends at party
    * pregnant sister's scare being ok
    * having the items for the present already - so stuff out of the house and no cost in taking a gift
    Last edited by greent; 10-09-2017 at 8:18 PM.
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) Bal 01/09 £124616 01/10 £104927 01/11 £89873 01/12 £76317 01/13 £52546 01/14 £35356 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Next: BTL Mtge 12/16 £69786. 2017 OPs (#18) £4151/£3286
    Net sales 2017 £1152.39/£500 PAYDOX17 £11333/£10k Decluttered 1515/2017 items
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 10th Sep 17, 7:40 PM
    • 4,246 Posts
    • 23,266 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Check in day 10.

SFD 5/18 Despite Mr SA wanting to go to the shops this morning, I said no.

Big batch of spicy red lentil soup made for work lunches.

Exercise was just walking today 11k steps done. Plus finishing stripping the bedroom.

Feeling like I might cave in on the heating if it gets any colder
    Virtual Sealed Pot £612.20
    September NSD 8/18
    Weight loss 0/7lbs
    Mr SA finally in remission December 2013
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

718Posts Today

6,414Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin