Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • thriftylass
    • By thriftylass 29th Aug 17, 3:16 PM
    • 3,093Posts
    • 25,585Thanks
    thriftylass
    NST Super September Scrimping challenge
    • 29th Aug 17, 3:16 PM
    NST Super September Scrimping challenge 29th Aug 17 at 3:16 PM
    A warm and fuzzy autumnal welcome to the NST Super September Scrimping challenge, for newbies and seasoned debt busters alike.

(Don’t want the following to sound too harsh but I need it this month)

September means for many getting back into the swing of new school and work routines. Also, the colder months are looming and we should maybe consider starting to get ready for winter and the festivities or at least start a wee bit of forward planning.

The whole idea of this challenge is for you to start looking to where you WANT to be, consider why you aren’t at that point and start realising what is going WRONG. And also, I need you to help me because when I have people to answer to I won’t spend anything!

Seriously though – you can’t save for a house if you have debt. You can’t have a new kitchen if you can’t afford the food to put in it……………. you need to get a debt free day graved in stone and start aiming for it. Enough is enough. Christmas is but 16 weeks away – are you ready for that little charmer?

So again, I’d like to go back to basics and a few stricter rules back form NinjasavingKat’s days.

These are the rules….. clear and simple!

*This challenge starts on the 1st September at 00:01 and closes on the 30th September at 00:00.

*Try and check in once a day with your progress !

*Get a little notebook that you can fit in your bag, or a slip of paper! Write down everything you spend - good and bad!!

*You will aim for 18 SFDs!(Spend Free Days). If purchases of “yellow sticker delights” are made without full price items this is an SFD. Medication and normal monthly DD’s or CC payments are exempt and you may class these days as SFD’s also.

*Pay you debts and bills first, budget to live off what is left!

*You must decide on a budget for food now. This must be stuck to rigidly until the last day of the month ! Consider how much you REALLY need to feed your family, make meal plans, limit snacking with the kids or tell them “when it’s gone that’s it until next week”. Mine is £350.

*Try and eat everything in your cupboards and freezer BEFORE buying any more. Money spent each week will be for essentials – bread, milk and fruit & veg before buying more. Get right down to the bottom of that chest freezer, get out those nearly out of date packets of rice. Stop stock piling for Armageddon and wasting money. I don’t care if you are prepping for visitors or a “just in case” situation! (note to mainly myself: STOP SPENDING SO MUCH ON FOOD!) I need to defrost my freezer and clean my fridge so this rule will help

*You must bring your lunch to work every day. No coffee shops, no work canteen, no cafes, no sandwiches – NOTHING. You will waste SO many precious £££’s when something better can be created at home. If you think it doesn’t matter and I won’t find out – you are right. But you are cheating yourself.

*Plot the course of your social life now before the beginning of September. Make sure you have a budget planned for meals that can’t be wormed out of and birthdays etc. Money placed aside for holidays can be classed as “no spend days” – anything over the budget will ruin that SFD!! Cancel something you really don’t want to go to –you HAVE to start making sacrifices now.

*Decide on your DFD!– when do you want to start doing what you want to do???

*You will accomplish some sort of exercise per week, 3 sessions of 20 minutes anyway you want. Walk someone’s pooch, walk to work, walk around your block 5 times… anything!

*Beauty spends are not allowed to exceed £10. That includes you boys as well. Use up all that you have in the house BEFORE spending anything more on beauty bits – seriously how many body moisturisers do you need ladies?

*Make time for yourself this month. Even if it’s only 10 minutes a day do something for yourself whether that is going for a walk, having a bath with loads of bubbles or sitting outside with a drink – we need to make the most of the evenings.

*Keep the heating off as long as possible, put a jumper on etc. We live in the north of Scotland in an 80s bungalow with metal windows. So it might be a challenge

That’s it… think you can keep up?

Contenders:
    1. thriftylass
    2. apple muncher
    3. greent
    4. DawnW
    5. determined new ms
    6. Calling14
    7. jojitsui
    8. misstara
    9. f0xh0les
    10. Tempus01
    11. 1LuckyLady
    12. cybertortoise
    13. dizzyblnd
    14. mothernerd
    15. Shakey87
    16. clippy_girl
    17. Fmess
    18. stoplurking
    19. ChasingSunshine
    20. Eager_Elephant
    21. Tjzdazz
    22. Kerry Woman
    23. FurryBeastOz
    24. Buffethedebtslayer
    25. bizzie
    26. squanderscouse
    27. Sun Addict
    28. LD_13
    29. NelliePie
    30. vintagebrighton
    31. indigowarrior
    32. crazy_cat_lady
    33. LollyPop0312
    34. foxgloves
    35. redofromstart
    36. Lauralozzle
    37. Abundant
    38. ooitsme
    39. threepenny bit

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 13-09-2017 at 9:13 AM.
    NST Nov 6
    SFD 3/20 spends 401/625 (98/200 xmas)
    Exercise 5/20
    Debt - all 0% 1000 to go from 5290 (80% paid off)
    DFD 2/2018 Mortgage 109343 (04/17) 16 years left
Page 12
    • Calling14
    • By Calling14 6th Sep 17, 11:23 AM
    • 2,506 Posts
    • 18,596 Thanks
    Calling14
    Apologies not shown my face on here yet.

Have managed to spend every day so far. Had joys of suspension spring going on my car so £150 added to my debt yesterday, today added my car insurance £130 as I have no EF to my name. My car now needs next month new disc brakes another £200 and today I have someone pricing up a new porch door as nightmare to open and close it(old Patio doors and despite greasing them they won't move. Never going to be debt free at this rate. Just hope solution to my doors will be reasonable.

Haven't gone mad spending bit on food and wasted a SFD on a coffee as I needed to loo in McD's

So back in the fold and more determined not to spend, waste food and eat rubbish.

Today will be hopefully be SFD 1/18.

Catch up later on all news later.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 NOW £1040
    PAYDBX 2017 #16 £3260 /£4300 DFD 12/17
    E
    Fund #9 £100/£1,000
    1 x 100 days challenge £1161.71/2000 ends 29/12/17

• greent
    • By greent 6th Sep 17, 11:40 AM
    • 6,404 Posts
    • 64,705 Thanks
    greent
    Day 5 Check In :)
    Again late - but that's because I was dealing with the freezer until gone 10pm last night and didn't get on laptop all day

We ended up losing ice cream (full tub + 1 cone), 3 bags of frozen fruit (rhubarb, elderberries, blueberries), some bread, 1.5 slices of ham, most of a tin of spaghetti hoops, 6 large tubs of hm chicken stock and some other bits. Today I've had to cook a kilo of mince and will need to roast 3 chickens when they have fully defrosted (At least I'll be able to replace the chicken stock! ) I also have some cooked chicken defrosted which I'm trying to figure out how to save (my lunch + a defrosted breaded flattened chicken breast and some coleslaw with sad looking veggies, my dinner may well involve some of the cooked chicken, DS1's dinner involves some marinaded chicken (may top it up with some of the cooked chicken) OH is having roast (fresh - he hates leftovers)

I will be doing a small shop today - mainly for things to go in/ with things I've had to cook (such as peppers for the chilli & bolognaise) - and more milk!

Scores on the doors so far:

SFDs - 2/18. Yesterday I bought milk (only a small amount in view of fridge/ freezer issues) + some YS items, thereby maintaining my SFD (phew!) I had to take my son to his new school for a Y& induction afternoon - only 1.5 hours. Had planned to come home (20 min drive) to carry on clearing out f/ freezer but there are roadworks, meaning drive was crazy. Instead I nipped to the local retail park just down the road and window shopped - and found nothing I wanted. I refused to go into town for a wander as I would have had to pay parking.

Extra monies/ debt repayment - large item sold on ebay being collected/ paid for tonight - will be paid to 0% cc where new f/ freezer has been put!

Food - £75.46/ £450

Eating up/ using up stuff - we are being forced to in order to minimise losses! In a similar(ish) vein - I got a couple of boxes of clothes (hand me downs from DS1/ DS2) down from the loft Monday - DS2 & DS3 now have lots of new-to-them clothes for their wardrobes! (ok - it's not using up as such - but it's using stuff we already have, rather than buying more)

Lunches taken - OH & I both at home this week. Children all have packed lunches.

Social life - none as yet!

Exercise - now 2/3 for this week. Am including the almost hour's walk around retail park yesterday afternoon (I could have sat in car playing on phone) - I chose to walk quickly between shops at opposite ends and back of the retail park. Plus last night was spent manoeuvring an American style f/ freezer out of kitchen, around from the back of house and then around the front and under the porch! - my fitbit registered it!

Beauty
    - now £2.80/ £10 - DD's shampoo & conditioner had some bottles YS yesterday, so I bought them (supplies for uni)

Time for self - definitely lacking yesterday - but that's ok overall

Heating off - no chance of it going on yet!
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) Bal 01/09 £124616 01/10 £104927 01/11 £89873 01/12 £76317 01/13 £52546 01/14 £35356 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Next: BTL Mtge 12/16 £69786. 2017 OPs (#18) £5034/£3286
    Net sales 2017 £1214.99/£500 PAYDOX17 £11937/£10k Decluttered 1730/2017 items
    • thriftylass
    • By thriftylass 6th Sep 17, 11:45 AM
    • 3,093 Posts
    • 25,585 Thanks
    thriftylass
    Apologies not shown my face on here yet.

Have managed to spend every day so far. Had joys of suspension spring going on my car so £150 added to my debt yesterday, today added my car insurance £130 as I have no EF to my name. My car now needs next month new disc brakes another £200 and today I have someone pricing up a new porch door as nightmare to open and close it(old Patio doors and despite greasing them they won't move. Never going to be debt free at this rate. Just hope solution to my doors will be reasonable.

Haven't gone mad spending bit on food and wasted a SFD on a coffee as I needed to loo in McD's

So back in the fold and more determined not to spend, waste food and eat rubbish.

Today will be hopefully be SFD 1/18.

Catch up later on all news later.
    Originally posted by Calling14
    Cars are money pits aren't they. Ours will need a service soon and I'm sure new tyres. Always feels we had that just done. Don't let it get you down too much. If the car is an essential these things happen unfortunately and need to be done/paid for.

Well done on then not going out and thinking, s*d it might as well spend on this and this . That's the spirit.

(P.S. shouldn't they let you go to the loo for free, not sure what the law is here but in Germany businesses cannot deny you the use of their facilities even as a non customer)
    Last edited by thriftylass; 06-09-2017 at 1:38 PM.
    NST Nov 6
    Exercise 5/20
    • Calling14
    • By Calling14 6th Sep 17, 1:43 PM
    • 2,506 Posts
    • 18,596 Thanks
    Calling14
    Thanks Thrifty. There will be n flittering of money away here.

I have popped in Mcd's a few times to use the loo in the past. Seeing it was nice and empty thought a chilled out coffee would be great. Pity when they build these industrial parks they don't think of providing customer loos.
    E
    Fund #9 £100/£1,000

• f0xh0les
    • By f0xh0les 6th Sep 17, 1:45 PM
    • 1,030 Posts
    • 7,555 Thanks
    f0xh0les
    shouldn't they let you go to the loo for free, not sure what the law is here but in Germany businesses cannot deny you the use of their facilities even as a non customer)
    Originally posted by thriftylass
    I believe it is called a McPoo, using the facilities without buying anything. It is a recognised protest activity. You could also have claimed you were boycotting their products due to the labour relations and 0 hrs contracts. Bit of an odd way to show your solidarity but you have to do what you can
    MFW May 16 £118,340
    October 17 - £109,495.00
    • NelliePie
    • By NelliePie 6th Sep 17, 1:59 PM
    • 91 Posts
    • 303 Thanks
    NelliePie
    Hi All, not a NSD for us as the DH2B has had to nip out to get milk, laundry detergent and stamps (so we can send our Save the Dates!) I had a lovely time last night writing them out whilst watching the bake off! 4/30
    When life gives you lemons, find the tequila!
    MFW: FTB June 2017 £144k. Target 128k June 2019
    • Calling14
    • By Calling14 6th Sep 17, 2:03 PM
    • 2,506 Posts
    • 18,596 Thanks
    Calling14
    I believe it is called a McPoo, using the facilities without buying anything. It is a recognised protest activity. You could also have claimed you were boycotting their products due to the labour relations and 0 hrs contracts. Bit of an odd way to show your solidarity but you have to do what you can
    Originally posted by f0xh0les
    E
    Fund #9 £100/£1,000

• f0xh0les
    • By f0xh0les 6th Sep 17, 2:05 PM
    • 1,030 Posts
    • 7,555 Thanks
    f0xh0les
    Weighing in with NSD 4 already. Should have been spendy but due to tradesmen being water soluble or badly organised, they have not needed paying.

Tumble dryer broke down but still has 5 weeks left on the 12 month warranty so getting a new control board and heating element before it is no longer for free. - I only wanted to dry off the school uniform that had been on the line, it was a good job I did or I might not have used it for another couple of weeks.

Heating still firmly off in the L'shire, mentioned it on the playground and was surprised the amount of people who have theirs on already. People really fall for the nonsense that kids must be kept at a steady 18 degrees.
    Those nursery thermometers that you stick to the wall are the culprit I bet. The ones with HOT, OK and TOO COLD you get in the baby packs.

Using up stuff - two ends of toothpaste tubes gone by putting them on kids toothbrushes before they get up and having them ready at bedtime. My kids only recognise mostly full tubes.
    Two ends of moisturising cream, slathered on anything that hasn't got out of the way fast enough. Good job I don't have a cat.

Eating from freezer going really well. Using up odds and sods all over the place. Tonight will be an all day breakfast using up veggie bacon and veggie sausages with all the YS mushrooms, tomatoes from fridge with lots of YS toast and YS (boshed tins) baked beans. The kids will love it. The fridge will look much neater and may even be cleared and cleaned by Friday.

All kids sent in with packed lunches £2.20 a day is a bargain for school dinners but with 4 kids =£8.80 a day, which will make them ALL lunches for a week including extra drinks.So pack ups it is,

Feeling soup-dragon like at the minute. It feels a little bit Autumny. And now I have mastered dough balls, home made soup and dough ball
    s is apparently a suitable supper as long as it is followed by ice cream.
    I love it, it is packed with veg, and low fat, and cost pence. Win, win, win.
    MFW May 16 £118,340
    October 17 - £109,495.00
    • thriftylass
    • By thriftylass 6th Sep 17, 2:12 PM
    • 3,093 Posts
    • 25,585 Thanks
    thriftylass
    Heating still firmly off in the L'shire, mentioned it on the playground and was surprised the amount of people who have theirs on already. People really fall for the nonsense that kids must be kept at a steady 18 degrees.
    Those nursery thermometers that you stick to the wall are the culprit I bet. The ones with HOT, OK and TOO COLD you get in the baby packs.

In my case it's the DH that needs convincing. If he just would get dressed first thing in the morning rather than wandering about in his thin dressing gown, it wouldn't be an issue. So far it's still off though

All kids sent in with packed lunches £2.20 a day is a bargain for school dinners but with 4 kids =£8.80 a day, which will make them ALL lunches for a week including extra drinks.So pack ups it is,

Luckily another 2 years for DS of free lunches.

Feeling soup-dragon like at the minute. It feels a little bit Autumny. And now I have mastered dough balls, home made soup and dough ball
    s is apparently a suitable supper as long as it is followed by ice cream.
    I love it, it is packed with veg, and low fat, and cost pence. Win, win, win.
    Originally posted by f0xh0les
    Please share your dough ball recipe. Got a massive soup recipe book and will get that out soon again too.
    NST Nov 6
    Exercise 5/20
    • redofromstart
    • By redofromstart 6th Sep 17, 4:31 PM
    • 512 Posts
    • 2,709 Thanks
    redofromstart
    5/30 a no spending day (YSd veg spend)
    27.85/500 on groceries - all spends recorded. Doing this is prompting me to update the spreadsheet which is good
    Dinner: Sausages and mash (sausages from freezer, veg from freezer, YSd potatoes for mash, bad gravy from jar). Also roasting a chicken for packed lunch meat - again RTC from freezer
    Time for me: Busy day again, but bath and book later.
    • squirrelgirl
    • By squirrelgirl 6th Sep 17, 5:28 PM
    • 130 Posts
    • 631 Thanks
    squirrelgirl
    No spends still (thanks everyone for the advice ) so doing well with that.....however, no exercise today as I've been on the road all day and am wiped!!
    MFW £3510.00/£22968.96: October GC £30/£300
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 6th Sep 17, 6:24 PM
    • 4,603 Posts
    • 35,354 Thanks
    DawnW
    Evening all
    Managed a SFD
    Used up various food bits and leftovers. One use up backfired on me a bit though, as I made chilli jam, and mistakenly used preserving sugar (that I had in the cupboard) instead of jam sugar, and it hasn't set I googled, and they are different. So I now have 6 jars of sweet chilli sauce, which I guess isn't all that bad!
    Not managed much exercise, just a dog walk which involved lots of stopping and sniffing (the dog that is, not me!)
    Haven't bothered cooking dinner tonight, as OH went to a meeting which provided food, and I am happy to eat some bits that we already have rather than cooking more
    Will need to do a shop tomorrow probably, as I am running out of basics such as flour. I will take a list, and it will not be a long one!
    Food/ household/supermarket spends for November - £210.25 / £250
    NSDs for November 9/12

• crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 6th Sep 17, 6:52 PM
    • 3,368 Posts
    • 28,909 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    Evening
    Just a quick check in from me to report another nsd. Another busy, but loads better at work today than my horrid Year 10 class from yesterday. I have them again tomorrow for 2 hours which had better be an improvement on yesterday.
    Other than that - all is quiet, and I'm already quite tired.
    NSTSeptember #32 NSD 8/18 RYSAW17 #1 £1313.42 20p Savers #88 £1 a day for Xmas # DFD 6 Nov 15 - paid £28,447
    • Kerry Woman
    • By Kerry Woman 6th Sep 17, 7:09 PM
    • 2,022 Posts
    • 19,212 Thanks
    Kerry Woman
    Day 6
    redofromstart, DawnW, thriftylass and greent
    - Thanks regarding the temp job. Only did some of the training for the job. Have not done a few things before even though I have temped in schools offices before.
    Earned another SFD so now standing at 4/18.
    Walked today 10 minutes each way from bus stop to/from the school.
    Took my lunch to work. Was told school lunch costs £3.
    Read my book on one of the buses which is a long journey and also at lunchtime.
    Got paid the training for the other bank staff I joined. Did phone for one temp job but no luck. They send temp alerts for available work.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2017
    Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
    Bonfires and fireworks - NST November challenge NSD 8/20 Food/household budget £48.23/£150
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 6th Sep 17, 7:34 PM
    • 4,612 Posts
    • 26,315 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Check in day 6. SFD 3/18. Groceries £97.50/£400. No heating on yet. Exercise walk to work and back plus 30 minutes in work gym at lunchtime. Always take my lunch to work anyway. No coffee shops etc. Always have me time - coffee and a read of my book when I get home from work and a nice soak in the bath later.

Loving this challenge so far, it's really keeping me on the straight and narrow
    Virtual Sealed Pot £671.22
    November NSD 4/12
    Weight loss 1/7lbs
    Mr SA finally in remission December 2013
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 6th Sep 17, 7:55 PM
    • 6,509 Posts
    • 47,643 Thanks
    apple muncher
    Dh changed the bed today and asked me if I wanted the winter duvet on. I replied that I was fine at the mo - he concurred - and mentioned that the heating is off until October. Bless him, he didn't flinch one bit! He can always work at his computer desk with warm air fom the base unit keeping him toasty, if necessary.

Today I am grateful for paying in some money at the bank, for plenty of walking, for getting even more paperwork done, for enjoying the teaching I did, for a quickish journey home, for a warm afternoon, for a yummy tea, for getting on with more of my bunnies, for feeling on top of things.
    NST November #; NSD 3/17; Ex 2/12; craft 1/30 (247); remove 578
    2017 MFW#63 Pay off: £3415/£4050; 2
    017 sell 116

Mortgage £23,689 (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295) MFWDate Dec 2018
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 6th Sep 17, 8:16 PM
    • 3,704 Posts
    • 18,257 Thanks
    foxgloves
    Hi SeptemberScrimpers,
    Check-in 6/30.
    Not a SFD but am.not concerned by lack of these as I think we are doing very well considering that we are on holiday. We are using our designated cash bag for all food spends & if we want anything else, we're using our monthly personal spends. Free coffee today courtesy of National Trust loyalty card. Camping is fun (I wasn't saying that last night when 5 hours of pounding rain started fetching water through our tent seams!) & much more affordable than other options.
    Exercise goal - Yes, already done about 8000/7000 steps. Total will probably be about 8500 today.
    Time for me? Lots of it. Love watching the sea.
    Been chatting to mr f about our frugal autumn & he's all for it. Soon be back in our routines at home & will be tweaking all sorts of things to save a few £££s here & there.
    F x
    Money can't jump out of your purse on its own so ask 'Can I borrow one, make one, grow one, bake one, re-purpose or recycle, acquire it for free?' Yes? Then put that purse away & keep your money because little savings grow!
    Loan pay-down fund instalment 2 = £120
    Payment received from surveys: 2015 = £320 2016 = £210 2017 = £294
    • vintagebrighton
    • By vintagebrighton 6th Sep 17, 9:35 PM
    • 540 Posts
    • 1,640 Thanks
    vintagebrighton
    Check in 6/30 and another NSD for me

No money left out of our £40 food budget for this week but have enough food till Friday. Chicken soup tonight using stock and chicken from the freezer and a few fridge veg.

No exercise done today. Went out but came back pretty sharpish cos I felt a bit wobbly.

Me time - reading. Have about 4 books on the go and keep forgetting about them!

Still no heating and don't really feel like we need it yet. Mind you, the guests might disagree

VB x
    Food Budget ~ £160/£160
    Weight Loss Challenge ~ 38/84 NSD ~ 16/18
    • greent
    • By greent 6th Sep 17, 9:50 PM
    • 6,404 Posts
    • 64,705 Thanks
    greent
    Day 6 Check In
    Well the new fridge freezer arrived around 7.15 this morning Absolutely fantastic service from the delivery guys

SFDs - 2/18. - not one today - food shopping in Tesc0, including some freezer items

Extra monies/ debt repayment - £270 from large ebay item received - will be going on 0% cc towards f/freezer

Food - Just under £50 spent today - total £124.80/ £450

Eating up/ using up stuff - lunch today for me was the last defrosted breaded chicken breast with a heap of coleslaw. Dinner for OH was roast chicken, DS1 was bbq chicken (used up a jar of Nand0 periperi bbq) and I just had some defrosted cooked chicken in sandwich.
    I roasted 3 chickens and the breasts are in tubs with gravy. The legs are also tubbed. The 3 carcasses and remaining meat & juices are in the fridge and I will make stock tomorrow and strip remaining meat & freeze. There are also 8 portions of chilli tubbed in the freezer and 2 tubs of plain cooked mince (will make bolog another time)

Lunches taken - OH & I both at home this week. Children all have packed lunches.

Social life - still none as yet!

Exercise - 2/3 for this week. Nothing formal for today, although fitbit shows over 90 active minutes and I have done over 11K steps

Beauty - £2.73/ £10

Time for self - definitely lacking yesterday & today

Heating off - yep. Doors have been open today - mild and sunny - 2 lots of washing line dried in the sun
    Last edited by greent; 07-09-2017 at 10:53 AM.
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) Bal 01/09 £124616 01/10 £104927 01/11 £89873 01/12 £76317 01/13 £52546 01/14 £35356 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Next: BTL Mtge 12/16 £69786. 2017 OPs (#18) £5034/£3286
    Net sales 2017 £1214.99/£500 PAYDOX17 £11937/£10k Decluttered 1730/2017 items
    • stoplurking
    • By stoplurking 6th Sep 17, 11:17 PM
    • 348 Posts
    • 2,318 Thanks
    stoplurking
    Check in 6/30. SFD 5/18. LTW 4/21
    Eating up - "free" dinner using stuff from freezer and remaining salad.
    Nothing social to report
    No exercise to report!
    Hopefully tomorrow will bring some effort on the previous 2 items.
    Time for self - does binge reading Reality Check's DF diary count?
    Heating still off.

Hope everyone is doing ok.
    LBM Oct12 Debts at LBM £17715.93.
    Orig DFD Apr15 DFD 24/12/13
    3-6monthEFC#9 £1193/4000 29.8%
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,056Posts Today

6,988Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin