Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Yiannage
    • By Yiannage 29th Aug 17, 2:53 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 9Thanks
    Yiannage
    Armtrac Security PCN
    • 29th Aug 17, 2:53 PM
    Armtrac Security PCN 29th Aug 17 at 2:53 PM
    Hi Everyone,

I recently received a PCN from Armtrac Security. It was on the windscreen and the usual £60 if paid in 14 days £100 if not. Due to unforeseen circumstances I have been away and am now around 20 days from when the initial ticket was given.

I've read through the Newbie thread as to how to appeal to these guys as they are part of the IPC. Now if i'm understanding it correctly the advise is to wait and see if a NTK is sent and then send an appeal letter.

My main worry is what if they think its being ignored? What happens if a NTK is not received (although i'm sure that wont happen as they'll be wanting the money!) Is it worth sending the appeal letter before a NTK is received as it states on the ticket that any appeal needs to be received within 21 days, including full name, address & reasons for contesting liability.

I don't want to get stung by these people but want to make sure I get it right!

Thank you in advance for any help given!
Page 2
    • grayme-m
    • By grayme-m 5th Feb 18, 4:03 PM
    • 1,371 Posts
    • 839 Thanks
    grayme-m
    OP, another thing to bear in mind is that if you ask the DVLA for a copy of their info request, this shows they stated that it is to pursue the driver.

It appears that as soon as Armtrac pursue the RK in the SCC they have misused the data so risk a counterclaim of a suggested £250.
    Toyota - 'Always a better way', avoid buying Toyota.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 5th Feb 18, 4:06 PM
    • 8,234 Posts
    • 7,555 Thanks
    The Deep
    Watch this then complain to your MP

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Yiannage
    • By Yiannage 7th Feb 18, 11:17 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Yiannage
    Yup - the same letter!

So would you recommend asking the DVLA for a copy of their information request?
    • grayme-m
    • By grayme-m 7th Feb 18, 11:22 AM
    • 1,371 Posts
    • 839 Thanks
    grayme-m
    Yup - the same letter!

So would you recommend asking the DVLA for a copy of their information request?
    Originally posted by Yiannage
    Yes I would, make them work for their £2.50 if nothing else.
    • Yiannage
    • By Yiannage 7th Feb 18, 11:31 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Yiannage
    OK - first point of call will be to the DVLA then, there hasn't been any correspondence with / from the Parking Firm - apart from this NTK (5 months after ticket!) should I write to them aswell?

The wording on the letter doesn't really give you anything?
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 7th Feb 18, 12:13 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,285 Thanks
    pappa golf
    at the time of said ticket this company were going thru "hard times" , gladstones had cost them a fortune , and they were "gazzetted" and almost shut down

poor things , my heard bleeds (not)
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • grayme-m
    • By grayme-m 7th Feb 18, 12:26 PM
    • 1,371 Posts
    • 839 Thanks
    grayme-m
    OK - first point of call will be to the DVLA then, there hasn't been any correspondence with / from the Parking Firm - apart from this NTK (5 months after ticket!) should I write to them aswell?

The wording on the letter doesn't really give you anything?
    Originally posted by Yiannage
    I wouldn't recommend engaging with Armtrac directly, they don't appear to have a clue what they are doing.

While they are consistent in saying they will not cancel PCNs, they generally contradict themselves in statements, state false claims, ignore legal requirements, and make up new spellings for words.

This is the company that stated they wouldn't listen to my appeal unless I paid their invoice.

The fact I wasn't appealing but stating facts that they were unable to pursue it and more so, why would someone make payment and appeal, was lost on them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

365Posts Today

3,840Users online

Martin's Twitter