Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • boxedin
    • By boxedin 29th Aug 17, 8:09 AM
    • 34Posts
    • 19Thanks
    boxedin
    Barclays Online Stockbrokers Account
    • 29th Aug 17, 8:09 AM
    Barclays Online Stockbrokers Account 29th Aug 17 at 8:09 AM
    Anyone having difficulty getting access to their accounts online. I was told by email they would be sending a membership no either by post or email but have neither
Page 3
    • debitcardmayhem
    • By debitcardmayhem 27th Sep 17, 9:06 AM
    • 8,248 Posts
    • 6,209 Thanks
    debitcardmayhem
    Total shambles, how long do you have to wait for dividends
    e.g. Barclays dividend paid 18/9 got credited to account 22/9 (that's their own stock mind you) Royal Dutch Shell also paid 18/9 ... no sign of it yet, now 7 working days.

In a non Barclays account paid 18/9 credited overnight time to move i feel.
    • SoggyMoggy
    • By SoggyMoggy 28th Sep 17, 10:57 AM
    • 155 Posts
    • 186 Thanks
    SoggyMoggy
    Total shambles, how long do you have to wait for dividends
    e.g. Barclays dividend paid 18/9 got credited to account 22/9 (that's their own stock mind you) Royal Dutch Shell also paid 18/9 ... no sign of it yet, now 7 working days.

In a non Barclays account paid 18/9 credited overnight time to move i feel.
    Originally posted by debitcardmayhem

Not just me then - Virgin Money dividend due nearly a week ago, still no sign of it
    • SoggyMoggy
    • By SoggyMoggy 28th Sep 17, 1:07 PM
    • 155 Posts
    • 186 Thanks
    SoggyMoggy
    Not just me then - Virgin Money dividend due nearly a week ago, still no sign of it
    Originally posted by SoggyMoggy

Aaaandd bizarrely, it turns up barely an hour after I posted this! I need to move.
    • SoggyMoggy
    • By SoggyMoggy 28th Sep 17, 1:20 PM
    • 155 Posts
    • 186 Thanks
    SoggyMoggy
    Well that's just weird. I recently sold my holding in a company, after the ex div date. Barclays Not-So-Smart-Investor have (as per my ADR instruction) reinvested the dividend, so I am now the (slightly puzzled) owner of six shares in a company I had already dumped.

In the helpful help pages of Barclays Stockbrokers (still available when I Googled), it says that, to qualify for ADR, I must "hold at least one share in [my] portfolio from the issuing company on the day the dividend is credited to [my] account".

Which is today. And I don't.

Guess the bugs are still busy.
    • ams25
    • By ams25 1st Oct 17, 8:14 AM
    • 85 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    ams25
    Can someone confirm the download function is defintely gone and not hidden somewhere?

I have used barclays for years mainly for direct shares and not funds...but as I am selling down shares in favour of funds so I will reduce use of barclays. Don't like the funds charges, do like the lower shares charges (than before). So will stay for now but perhaps move later. What a mess.
    • ColdIron
    • By ColdIron 1st Oct 17, 8:29 AM
    • 3,451 Posts
    • 4,057 Thanks
    ColdIron
    Maybe it's in their newish Cloud It where everything else has migrated to?
    • debitcardmayhem
    • By debitcardmayhem 4th Oct 17, 10:43 PM
    • 8,248 Posts
    • 6,209 Thanks
    debitcardmayhem
    Maybe it's in their newish Cloud It where everything else has migrated to?
    Originally posted by ColdIron
    Perhaps that's where my dividends have gone to too. This system is a total waste of time , I am going to leave as soon as one of my shares goes ex-div tomorrow, mind you I will probably find out that they don't come "!!! rights" this so-and-so forum won't let me use the latin of with rights
    • Eco Miser
    • By Eco Miser 5th Oct 17, 11:49 AM
    • 3,079 Posts
    • 2,845 Thanks
    Eco Miser
    Perhaps that's where my dividends have gone to too. This system is a total waste of time , I am going to leave as soon as one of my shares goes ex-div tomorrow,
    I suggest you don't leave until you have received your dividend. Leaving in the period between the ex-div date and the payment date means the div will be received by Barclays, but you won't have an account with them for it to be paid into (and then passed on.
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
    • Biggles
    • By Biggles 5th Oct 17, 12:22 PM
    • 7,434 Posts
    • 4,806 Thanks
    Biggles
    I am going to leave as soon as one of my shares goes ex-div tomorrow, mind you I will probably find out that they don't come "!!! rights" this so-and-so forum won't let me use the latin of with rights
    My experience was that any shares that were xd when I moved my account will still pay the divi to Barclays. Only when they have all been received by them do they send the cash to your new broker.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,095Posts Today

8,355Users online

Martin's Twitter