Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • markhod
    • By markhod 28th Aug 17, 11:06 PM
    • 41Posts
    • 2Thanks
    markhod
    Sky MSE offer - impossible to get help from customer service
    • 28th Aug 17, 11:06 PM
    Sky MSE offer - impossible to get help from customer service 28th Aug 17 at 11:06 PM
    Hi,

Has anyone taken up this offer? My track my order just says there is a problem and I need to contact them. If I phone I get an auto-message telling me there is a wait of more than 30 mins and they don't recommend holding. I tried Facebook support, and it seems to take up to 5 or 6 hours to get a response to a comment. I did once get someone replying semi-regularly and they said they had fixed the issue holding the order - that was on saturday. But today I still see the same "you need to contact us" in track your order. Now I cam unable to get any help on Facebook - one person eventually responded, only to say 30 mins later their shift was ending and they cannot help anymore! Now I seem to be back to waiting for hours for someone to respond.

Does anyone know of a reliable way to get hold of someone at Sky to help?

If not, am I entitled to just cancel the order? I am starting to think it is way too much hassle to change providers to Sky now. But I cannot get through to anyone, how would I even be able to do this?

Cheers,

Mark
Page 1
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 29th Aug 17, 8:31 AM
    • 1,310 Posts
    • 566 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 29th Aug 17, 8:31 AM
    • 29th Aug 17, 8:31 AM
    I'm not sure if it's of help to yourself being snailmail but I wrote to Sky just last Thursday complaining about the same thing (no reply yet mind ) at:

Customer Complaints
    Sky Subscribers Services Ltd
    PO Box 43
    Livingston
    West Lothian
    EH54 7DD

Most of my phone calls were of the 'we are extremely busy and recommend you phone back' (not even an estimate) with the best being a 40 minute queue. I tried the messaging option within the My Sky app which promises 'we try to reply within 30 minutes', 4 hours and 59 minutes it took them. Live chat seems to have disappeared up its own nether regions entirely.
    • markhod
    • By markhod 29th Aug 17, 12:12 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    markhod
    • 29th Aug 17, 12:12 PM
    • 29th Aug 17, 12:12 PM
    I'm not sure if it's of help to yourself being snailmail but I wrote to Sky just last Thursday complaining about the same thing (no reply yet mind ) at:

Customer Complaints
    Sky Subscribers Services Ltd
    PO Box 43
    Livingston
    West Lothian
    EH54 7DD

Most of my phone calls were of the 'we are extremely busy and recommend you phone back' (not even an estimate) with the best being a 40 minute queue. I tried the messaging option within the My Sky app which promises 'we try to reply within 30 minutes', 4 hours and 59 minutes it took them. Live chat seems to have disappeared up its own nether regions entirely.
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe
    Oh dear! That does not sound encouraging

I really wish I had never tried to switch now
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 29th Aug 17, 2:04 PM
    • 1,310 Posts
    • 566 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 29th Aug 17, 2:04 PM
    • 29th Aug 17, 2:04 PM
    Oh dear! That does not sound encouraging

I really wish I had never tried to switch now
    Originally posted by markhod
    They were actually okay 12 months ago but there does seem to have been a change since then, IMO anyway. It's one way to retain custom I suppose, if you can't contact them you can't cancel.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 29th Aug 17, 2:42 PM
    • 8,522 Posts
    • 5,052 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 29th Aug 17, 2:42 PM
    • 29th Aug 17, 2:42 PM
    CS was very good until I left last year, only to find that PlusNet's CS was useless.

It looks as though they have all gone the same way, as BT and TalkTalk have had a bad reputation for ages.

You could try the well-manned new customer line, as someone may be able to put you through or give you a call back (they've never been good at this).

I did this with PlusNet's online support and got partial help, but on transfer, ended in a big queue, which bumped me off when down to about 10 people.
    • markhod
    • By markhod 29th Aug 17, 3:05 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    markhod
    • 29th Aug 17, 3:05 PM
    • 29th Aug 17, 3:05 PM
    CS was very good until I left last year, only to find that PlusNet's CS was useless.

It looks as though they have all gone the same way, as BT and TalkTalk have had a bad reputation for ages.

You could try the well-manned new customer line, as someone may be able to put you through or give you a call back (they've never been good at this).

I did this with PlusNet's online support and got partial help, but on transfer, ended in a big queue, which bumped me off when down to about 10 people.
    Originally posted by teddysmum
    ok thanks, I might try that then!

I finally got through on Facebook chat this morning, went through security questions and then they just stopped responding again! No doubt the whole process will time out yet again and I will be back to square one
    • markhod
    • By markhod 29th Aug 17, 4:55 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    markhod
    • 29th Aug 17, 4:55 PM
    • 29th Aug 17, 4:55 PM
    Update: Have managed to speak to someone sporadically today on messenger and they say BT won't process the order because BT says there is already another oder in progress for the address. But I have made no such order. Apparently BT cannot tell Sky any details due to data protection and Sky say they will refuse to speak to me about it, because they only deal with customers.
    • motherofstudents
    • By motherofstudents 29th Aug 17, 9:23 PM
    • 1,297 Posts
    • 1,642 Thanks
    motherofstudents
    • 29th Aug 17, 9:23 PM
    • 29th Aug 17, 9:23 PM
    Sky used to be pretty good, you could get through ok on the phone but recently it has become so difficult. Today I got through quickly and spoke to someone who said he would put me through to retentions but a couple of minutes later he came back and said 'there is a long wait, try again, have a nice day'. Tried messenger and after half an hour my details were taken, a further half hour they said they would put me through to retentions. That was it, no more communications. I would move elsewhere if I thought there was anywhere better but it seems they are all sadly lacking when it comes to customer relations.
    • markhod
    • By markhod 14th Sep 17, 8:49 AM
    • 41 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    markhod
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:49 AM
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:49 AM
    well Sky certainly have a cheek - despite still not having switched me they have started charging the direct debit! Retracted - my mistake, I noticed my new mobile direct debit and did not recognise the name.
    Last edited by markhod; 14-09-2017 at 10:43 AM.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 14th Sep 17, 9:29 AM
    • 1,310 Posts
    • 566 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    I've managed to contact them twice this week fairly speedily, once through the new SMS option and once via Live Chat. Perhaps the Sky Sports snafu snarled up the system and they're slowly getting back to normal.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

383Posts Today

3,041Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin