Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mr.Generous
    • By Mr.Generous 26th Aug 17, 2:47 PM
    • 1,642Posts
    • 2,443Thanks
    Mr.Generous
    Highview Parking
    • 26th Aug 17, 2:47 PM
    Highview Parking 26th Aug 17 at 2:47 PM
    Hi,

Great resource so thanks!

As the reg keeper I got in today's (26/08/17) post a PCN dated 23/08/17 for an alleged parking infringement on 27/07/2017.

That's 27 days from the incident until produced and 30 days until received.

I used the online appeal after a bit of searching as I believe PoFA requires reg keeper contacting within 14 days and they haven't.

I stated this on the appeal, declined to supply driver details and questioned the level of charge v's accurate estimate of actual losses.

When I submitted it brought up a box saying something like "Are you sure you want to appeal without attaching any evidence?" I assume they meant photos or documents, which I didn't use, so I went ahead.

Hopefully I have nothing to worry about?

company is Highview, incident was at a leisure facility where the driver is a member and remained on site, members clock in and out and records show this. members are required to enter vehicle reg, Driver says did this but machine did not show usual picture of vehicle. driver hung around and next 2 members to enter had exactly same thing happen so driver assumed system was offline or not working. Leisure facility owner is not giving me much confidence they will get it cancelled. Membership under review!!
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 26th Aug 17, 2:55 PM
    • 15,516 Posts
    • 19,602 Thanks
    Redx
    • 26th Aug 17, 2:55 PM
    • 26th Aug 17, 2:55 PM
    wait for a cancellation or popla code

plus stay on top of getting the leisure manager to get it cancelled as well

if you get a popla code back, read post #3 of the NEWBIES sticky thread and draft up your popla appeal, including failing POFA2012
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • mrt72
    • By mrt72 26th Aug 17, 3:11 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    mrt72
    • 26th Aug 17, 3:11 PM
    • 26th Aug 17, 3:11 PM
    According to BMPA, Highview have issued over 600,000 tickets over the last three years but haven't been to court once. They "manage" the car park at the Tesco where I work, utterly useless, nothing is actually enforced.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 26th Aug 17, 3:48 PM
    • 50,114 Posts
    • 63,496 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 26th Aug 17, 3:48 PM
    • 26th Aug 17, 3:48 PM
    Hopefully I have nothing to worry about?

company is Highview...
    Originally posted by Mr.Generous
    Search the forum for 'Highview skedaddle' and you will have this cancelled by Tuesday - at least that seems to happen if you used the standard appeal in the NEWBIES thread. These are easy.

If they reject, you will win as keeper, at POPLA stage, because (it's not just about the 14 days) Highview in fact choose not to use the POFA wording at all in their NTKs. So they can't hold a keeper liable at all.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Mr.Generous
    • By Mr.Generous 13th Sep 17, 11:16 PM
    • 1,642 Posts
    • 2,443 Thanks
    Mr.Generous
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:16 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:16 PM
    They cancelled it, according to several gym members they had a systems breakdown 1 day and issued tickets to everyone who attended despite the reg being put into system. I'm seriously wondering if they had any actual right to access peoples details if this was the case. Today I got a cancellation letter with an apology!! The gym company head office had emailed me to say cancelled on 1st Sept, Highview had already emailed to say cancelled on 29/08.

Thanks for your support and if anyone else has a ticket follow the advice!!
    • Redx
    • By Redx 13th Sep 17, 11:19 PM
    • 15,516 Posts
    • 19,602 Thanks
    Redx
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:19 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:19 PM
    no they did not, its a possible DPA breach
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 14th Sep 17, 10:09 AM
    • 504 Posts
    • 602 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 14th Sep 17, 10:09 AM
    • 14th Sep 17, 10:09 AM
    Due to THEIR system flaw they accessed YOUR personal details without reasonable cause. That is apparent and has been admitted by them.
    I would send the gym and their agent a joint LBA for £250 for the trouble they put you through due to this breach.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Sep 17, 10:13 AM
    • 14,590 Posts
    • 22,950 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 14th Sep 17, 10:13 AM
    • 14th Sep 17, 10:13 AM
    Due to THEIR system flaw they accessed YOUR personal details without reasonable cause. That is apparent and has been admitted by them.
    I would send the gym and their agent a joint LBA for £250 for the trouble they put you through due to this breach.
    Originally posted by nosferatu1001
    I agree. The sooner the principals to these contracts realise that PPCs don't offer a free lunch, the better. A LBA will bring home to them the real toxic nature of their relationship.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Mr.Generous
    • By Mr.Generous 14th Sep 17, 11:22 PM
    • 1,642 Posts
    • 2,443 Thanks
    Mr.Generous
    • 14th Sep 17, 11:22 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 11:22 PM
    Sorry to sound stupid but whats a LBA? If I can do this I will donate £225 to the best parking cause suggested. I was stressed and bothered by this, the PCN came the day before my holiday and I was left worrying and angry about it. I had no intension of paying but you waste your time thinking about all the "what if's"
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 14th Sep 17, 11:28 PM
    • 3,644 Posts
    • 1,863 Thanks
    KeithP
    LBA = Letter Before Action.

aka Letter Before Claim.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Sep 17, 12:20 AM
    • 50,114 Posts
    • 63,496 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    If I can do this I will donate £225 to the best parking cause suggested.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73006055#post73006055
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

75Posts Today

1,524Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin