Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JAG66
    • By JAG66 25th Aug 17, 3:39 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    JAG66
    Car Insurance Black Box Removal
    • 25th Aug 17, 3:39 PM
    Car Insurance Black Box Removal 25th Aug 17 at 3:39 PM
    Is it legal for an insurance company to leave their black box in your car once your policy has ended and you've entered into a contract with another insurance company?? Admiral want to charge me 100 pounds to remove their electronic data-collecting device from my daughter's car and when I asked for the location of the device so I could remove it myself, they refused to tell me! Is this legal???
Page 1
    • JAG66
    • By JAG66 25th Aug 17, 3:59 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JAG66
    • 25th Aug 17, 3:59 PM
    • 25th Aug 17, 3:59 PM
    Interesting...a few other forums I came across said that the companies STILL use it to gather information so I rang Admiral back and expressed my disgust and questioned the legality of leaving their data-gathering device in my daughter's car...and they are going to remove it for free. As they should, in my opinion. Waiting for the phone call now to set up a time for them to remove it...
    • rudekid48
    • By rudekid48 25th Aug 17, 4:39 PM
    • 2,039 Posts
    • 3,523 Thanks
    rudekid48
    • 25th Aug 17, 4:39 PM
    • 25th Aug 17, 4:39 PM
    As long as the sim that is in the box is deactivated then no data is gathered. Less hassle than removing the box.
    All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

838Posts Today

6,624Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• You've run-out of puns. That's a bit of a googly, maybe I can help break your duck, though it is s sticky wicket, t? https://t.co/nJT51NpXfO

• RT @richlaing: @MartinSLewis Obviously spot poll but interested in the fact that 9% would opt out of donation. Interested to hear reasons w?

• Follow Martin