Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lcc86
    • By lcc86 25th Aug 17, 9:08 AM
    • 913Posts
    • 2,390Thanks
    lcc86
    Oops, back again...
    • 25th Aug 17, 9:08 AM
    Oops, back again... 25th Aug 17 at 9:08 AM
    So, after thinking hard about whether to start another diary I've decided I need to do so in order to make sure I pay off my shiny new debts again once and for all!!!

To give some background, I was in debt for most of my adult life from 21 to 30 years old as I was just extremely irresponsible with money I kept it secret from my family and managed to pay it off earlier this year when I sold my flat.

I kept an 'emergency' credit card which was to be used for work expenses and any aforementioned emergencies. However I wasn't strict enough with myself and used it to book a mini break, and a couple of other things. I'd budget to repay it the following month, but surprise surprise actual emergencies occurred e.g my windscreen smashed and needed replacing, my car needed some new parts, and more recently I've had vet fees to pay. All of which has meant I now have £635 on there, with the final vet bill still to be sent to me, so realistically it'll be about £800. My phone also died a few weeks ago and so I used my Very account to get a new one at £200. On top of that I've also just signed up to a chiropractor treatment plan to fix some longstanding issues with my spine.

So basically I wanted to start a diary to help on the journey to clear all the debt again once and for all! My biggest error when I became debt free was not focusing on an emergency fund (I booked a holiday instead ). I've been part of the 365 day challenge this year so have decided that that money will be my emergency fund and I'll hopefully add to it next year as well. No holidays next year outside the UK as I'm returning to uni via distance learning in a few weeks so I'm hoping I'll be so busy with that that time will fly and I won't even notice!

So time to bite the bullet and write down the totals:

Very account £177 (mobile phone) 0% interest
    Credit card £625, 0% interest, broken down into:
    - £129 camper an holiday
    - £25 windscreen
    - £25 chiropractor
    - £240 vet fees (with more to follow)
    - £136 car parts
    - £60 car insurance (renewed a few weeks ago and didn't quite have enough)
    - £10 work expenses (not too concerned about this as will be reimbursed)

Grand total of £802

I've seen over the last few weeks that it's incredibly easy to rack up debt when you don't have an emergency fund. Each time I've thought oh I'll budget to repay X over the next month or two months, but then something else comes along and throws a spanner in the works. So no more! Time to clear it once and for all! I'm annoyed with myself that after everything I went through to clear the debt last time, it's easily crept back up again within 6 months. I have the means to not be in debt, I just need to be smarter. And remember that emergency really does mean emergency!

I'll start contributing properly when I get paid next week. I've set the budget and the plan is to put £250 towards credit card, £30 to Very, and I also need to save £250 for various bits and bobs. I hope to be debt free again by January or February at the latest.

So if anyone wants to join me and listen to my ramblings again, feel free!
    1/12/14 total £9,140 DFD 30/01/17
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5124473 - my original DFD

25/08/17 new total £802 back in debt but determined clear it by February 2018! 28/11/17 - £132 £667/£1,000 emergency fund £640 saved for household jobs
Page 3
    • lcc86
    • By lcc86 17th Oct 17, 9:30 PM
    • 913 Posts
    • 2,390 Thanks
    lcc86
    Just wanted to add a quick note re our roof - we knew when we had our survey done before buying the place that it was "coming towards the end of its useful life". Then we found out a couple of months ago that it's actually needed doing for five years but the other freeholders were too cheap to get it done at the time. Anyway, we all agreed it needed looking into again recently but the other freeholders argued the toss and said we needed another survey first before deciding what to do... So they came back today and said, rather unsurprisingly, that it needs replacing. So as a collective we've wasted money finding out something we already knew, and now we're going to have to get it done.

As it's a flat roof I don't know how much it'll cost. On the plus side we have a few thousand in our freeholder reserves account which can go towards it, plus it gets split between the six properties, but im still a bit concerned. I'm sure it'll wipe out my emergency fund but we'll have to wait and see. Just glad I've started saving!

25/08/17 new total £802 back in debt but determined clear it by February 2018! 28/11/17 - £132 £667/£1,000 emergency fund £640 saved for household jobs
    • lcc86
    • By lcc86 19th Oct 17, 5:33 PM
    • 913 Posts
    • 2,390 Thanks
    lcc86
    Agh, came home tonight to find we've had a leak in our basement, and all our stuff is ruined. Super annoying... Certain things are salvageable but a lot of it will have to go in the bin. Note to self - invest in plastic boxes! The management company got it all dealt with pretty quickly but that'll mean more expense as well, so it comes at a bad time what with the roof repairs that need to be done...

Work was awful today - don't think I've ever said that before about this job. It's not the work, it's a couple of the administrative staff who are just beyond rude. I had to make an informal complaint to management and they helpfully responded by copying said administrative staff into their email so that they could see the complaint : which of course led to everything getting completely blown out of all proportion and now it's caused a massive issue

Ah well, tomorrow is Friday so we'll look at the positives! Looking forward to the weekend now, just want tomorrow to go quickly. I sat down and had a quick look at November's budget and it's looking okay although a little tight. I'll still be able to save what I need to save and pay off what I need to pay off, and that's the main thing!

Today wasn't a NSD, I went halves on a portion of chips for lunch with a colleague. I also bought some clothes online - all on sale at a massive discount. It's all work attire. I've lost a bit of weight and none of my trousers fit me, but I'm also not small enough to go to the next size down so I decided to try and eliminate the problem by buying some dresses for work instead. I spent £50, and might send one item back depending on what it looks like once I've tried it on.
    Last edited by lcc86; 19-10-2017 at 6:06 PM.

• lcc86
    • By lcc86 21st Oct 17, 8:49 AM
    • 913 Posts
    • 2,390 Thanks
    lcc86
    Had an update on the roof situation, and it looks like it'll cost a bit more than I'd thought. We're still in the process of getting quotes but it's definitely a setback I could do without. Depending on when they do it and when they need the money we may have to borrow a couple of thousand from somewhere. It's far from ideal...

I got a bit upset when I found out, knowing that it probably means staying in debt even longer. I just felt a bit fed up, after all the hard work of the last few years the situation just seems to be the same. I'm going to end up wiping out my emergency fund and then having to borrow. OH has never had to borrow in his life so he's far from happy either. I mean, it should be a smallish amount so it's definitely manageable, especially split between the two of us, but it's just so frustrating to still feel like nothing has changed. I know it has, as in I've cleared all my debt from my youth, have a new house, decent job and am earning good money, but sometimes I feel like regardless of all the hard work I've put in over the years I'm always going to struggle.

I had a bit of a panic and tried to cancel the clothes I ordered when I heard the news about the roof, but it was too late to cancel all the items, the website did let me cancel one so that's a bonus. I'll see what the other two items are like once I've tried them on. I need to not panic though, this situation isn't the end of the world so I mustn't blow it out of proportion...

This weekend will be a quiet one. My sister and niece came round for dinner last night which was lovely. Today I have a tutorial for my Masters (online), just need to pop to the post office beforehand. Need to dye my hair today as well. Then tomorrow I need to return an item of clothing in town and pick up some fruit for work before I go riding. All in all, pretty quiet, am hoping the worst of the storm passes us by but it's sounding pretty windy outside already.

Have a good weekend everyone!

• lcc86
    • By lcc86 23rd Oct 17, 6:21 PM
    • 913 Posts
    • 2,390 Thanks
    lcc86
    Not feeling too great today, have the start of another migraine coming on. Not sure why they're becoming more frequent again, I'm hoping it's just a severe headache and nothing more. I left work early and went home for a bit of rest. I hope to feel better tomorrow.

Saturday wasn't a NSD, I did some Xmas shopping online (free delivery so much easier than venturing to the shops). I also had to pay for some postage. Yesterday was a NSD which is good. I've realised I don't think I'll be able to reach my NSD target for the month (18). I've been a bit spendy this month, plus with Christmas coming up there's more to come so I need to revise down my NSD estimate for November. Horse riding was nice, the weather held out so managed to stay dry. This is my first autumn/winter with my horse share, and the ground is starting to get a bit more tricky to deal with, which limits what we can do, which is a shame, but I guess you have to take the rough of winter with the smooth of summer!

• lcc86
    • By lcc86 24th Oct 17, 7:20 PM
    • 913 Posts
    • 2,390 Thanks
    lcc86
    Feeling a little better today, but a little out of sorts. Woke up really dreading my commute and feeling pretty over it despite it being half term. Then heard a phone in on the radio linking long commutes to worse quality of life and mental health problems, which really got me thinking! I had a little job search today and found something of the same salary but an hour closer to home... Am thinking about applying for it. I need to do a bit more research first.

In money news, I paid most of my cc bill today so my new total is £255. I need to pay some money into the bank so once I've done that I'll pay another £50 off. Inching closer to being debt free (until the roof issue rears its head!).

My totals for the month now stand at:
    12/18 NSD's
    14/20 healthy days
    £23.25/£20 on toiletries and household goods, although this will go up as the shopping is being delivered later and I've had to buy a few essentials.

• lcc86
    • By lcc86 26th Oct 17, 6:41 PM
    • 913 Posts
    • 2,390 Thanks
    lcc86
    Still thinking about the job ad I've seen. I have a few more days to decide before the closing date, but if I do apply I'll do it over the weekend. I need to look at the pros and cons as I do like my job, I'm just thinking about the future and whether it would be better to look at a move sooner or later.

I think part of the problem is that my anxiety is coming back a little so I may not be thinking as clearly as I otherwise would. All the more reason not to make any snap decisions I suppose! I guess it's the added pressure of studying, along with the financial worries over the roof and also having to pay a small fortune to try and fix my back... Still at least I have recognised it early, I just need to put stuff in place to stop it getting any worse.

Nothing else to report really. I overspent on food by about £15 this month and have overspent on toiletries and household goods by £10. Not the end of the world but always good to keep an eye on things.

I also rang the vet today as I never received the bill I was waiting for. I thought they must've sent it to my old address or something, but when I called they said there was nothing outstanding... I'm not sure if the vet pitied me and paid it or if they made an error?

Right, must crack on as I have to speak to my tutor in a bit!

• lcc86
    • By lcc86 27th Oct 17, 8:08 PM
    • 913 Posts
    • 2,390 Thanks
    lcc86
    Ah, Friday! This week has felt incredibly long and I'm so tired for some reason. Looking forward to recharging the batteries.

Paid another £20 off my cc, signature updated. Need to pay another £30 but not passing near a bank to pay money in any time soon so I'll just hold fire.

Plans for the weekend are studying and chores tomorrow, then OH is treating me to dinner in the evening which will be lovely. Sunday I'll pop to town and get a few food essentials and then riding.

• elsien
    • By elsien 28th Oct 17, 5:29 PM
    • 15,444 Posts
    • 38,794 Thanks
    elsien
    Just bear in mind that applying for the new job doesn't commit you to anything - you can change your mind at any point. So if it were me, I think I'd whack the application in anyway, then decide later if I want to go to the interview.
    My current role is working from home. I'm out most days but my commute is included in the 9 to 5. Don't think I could cope with an hour, hour and a half each way on top of that.
    Try not to get too disheartened about the roof wiping out the emergency fund - that's exactly why it's there. You'd be even worse off without it.
    It's a long slow plod, and there will be times when you want to say sod it and chuck it all in, but you'll there.
    Enjoy your riding.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • lcc86
    • By lcc86 30th Oct 17, 8:43 AM
    • 913 Posts
    • 2,390 Thanks
    lcc86
    Thanks elsien,

I didn't get round to doing the application over the weekend, I was pretty busy in the end, but am working from home today so will give it another look over and then decide what to do. I tend to agree with your view of it that I should just do the application regardless.

I had a bit of a 'busy doing nothing' weekend. I slept loads and finally don't feel tired! I got a good chunk of studying done on Saturday so was pretty productive in that respect. Then I made the mistake of looking at the big project I have to complete at the end of this module and nearly fainted I also did loads of household jobs and general tidying, repotting some of my little seedlings that I've been trying to grow for ages into bigger pots etc. Nothing crazy but I felt like I'd achieved loads by the end of the day! OH took me out for dinner at a local place, nothing fancy but it was really lovely.

Yesterday OH took me out for breakfast as well! not sure what I'd done to deserve such treatment but I definitely won't complain! I also needed to buy a couple of plug in air fresheners as it was time to replace the old ones (I get unbranded ones as they're SO much cheaper!), and I desperately needed a new pair of leggings. I was down to one pair, and they're not suitable for winter as they're really thin. A friend told me about some fleece-lined ones in new look, so I got a pair, and they're fab. I'm really tall so really struggle to find leggings and trousers that actually go all the way to my ankles so yesterday was a spend day because of those purchases. I kept my riding relatively short - I have a lesson this Friday so went in the school to brush up. I've also secretly been trying to learn the basics of dressage so did a bit of that - I don't like anyone knowing I'm doing it though as I think I'm so bad at it! I also did some small jobs like sewing up holes in some of my clothes, which I've been putting off for what must be at least a year

Been paid this morning so I've started my November budget (I always run my budget payday to payday as I find it works better for me). So my totals at the end of my October budget are:

16/18 NSD's - was probably a bit ambitious here given Christmas is coming and I've been buying more than I normally would, but it's still more than respectable!
    16/20 healthy days - a bit less respectable
    £30.74/£20 spent on household/toiletries - I overspent a lot here... must do better this month! Have allowed myself a little extra in November as I know I have a few bits I need to get

Debt now stands at £215 as well which is the main thing!

Today won't be a NSD as I'm meeting a friend for coffee after work as she works not far from me. I also forgot to buy a new toothbrush yesterday so might get that today as well if I can.

• lcc86
    • By lcc86 1st Nov 17, 3:53 PM
    • 913 Posts
    • 2,390 Thanks
    lcc86
    I put the job application in eventually last night! I had a 2 hour commute each way yesterday and had just had enough... Wasn't much better this morning either. I don't think anything will come of it but at least I won't be annoyed with myself for not trying.

My bigger direct debits and standing orders have all gone through. Savings topped up as well. Credit card statement not due until mid-month so I haven't sorted that yet.

• lcc86
    • By lcc86 5th Nov 17, 9:19 AM
    • 913 Posts
    • 2,390 Thanks
    lcc86
    Currently enjoying a relaxing weekend at my parents' house. Last week was a bit of a disaster at work, appointments kept getting cancelled or forgotten about so it was all very frustrating. Hopefully next week is better.

Have had a couple of NSD's so far. I tried to do all my spending on Friday, I got a couple of gifts for OH's birthday which is coming up, some protein powder as mine is running very low, and I also had to pay for a check up at the dentist and my riding lesson, which was fab, really enjoyed it.

Used my slow cooker to make a lamb tagine and a veggie tagine for me on Friday - I really must get back into using my slow cooker and doing more batch cooking as it's just so easy and also so cheap to cook that way! I've got a bit lazy recently I have to admit.

Next week should be relatively quiet, I don't have much planned which involves money apart from paying for parking at the chiropractor so it should be a good week financially. I will try and take the opportunity to get some more Xmas shopping done.

Our bin broke on Friday, the pedal mechanism has rusted through and given up the ghost. There's no fixing it so we'll have to get a new one, have found one for £20 so will sort that out at some point next week. I'm trying to spend strategically so that I minimise my spend days

Current totals so far for the month are:
    3/18 healthy days
    3/15 NSD's
    £8.29/£25 spent on toiletries and household stuff

• lcc86
    • By lcc86 7th Nov 17, 9:16 PM
    • 913 Posts
    • 2,390 Thanks
    lcc86
    Been thinking a bit about my goals for the next year after reading someone else's diary on here.

2016 was the year of really doubling down and almost clearing my debt. 2017 has been the year of doing things, trying to get out there and try new stuff etc, although it has tapered off a bit recently as funds have been tighter. I want 2018 to be the year of saving. I should've really done that this year but I just wanted to enjoy being debt free for the first time in 10 years... I've got £1600 in various savings pots, but only just under £600 is my emergency fund, so I really need to focus on that for a bit, especially as it's like to get decimated by the roof repairs as and when we get a price (seems to be taking ages). So I just need to save. I'm studying anyway so going out is limited as my free time is limited, so I'm sure I'll be able to do it. It's just a bit of short term 'pain' if you will for long term gain.

• lcc86
    • By lcc86 10th Nov 17, 8:51 AM
    • 913 Posts
    • 2,390 Thanks
    lcc86
    Nothing much to update, everything is ticking along nicely. Water bill has been reduced from £40 a month to £25 a month so a nice little saving there.

I did treat myself to a ticket to the Olympia horse show for December - it was better than half price on groupon so I thought why not! I've always wanted to go, so a colleague and I will be going together.

Plans for the weekend are:

Do some studying
    Get the slow cooker going to try some new recipes
    Visit to a local animal rescue centre to check out their rabbits and whether we're suitable for any of them
    Babysit my neice
    Volunteering
    Horse riding

A busy weekend really! Am also working from home on Monday so I won't feel quite so flustered come Sunday night when I'm knackered from being on my feet all day as I won't have to worry about getting clothes and food together, and I get a lie in on Monday, woo hoo!

• lcc86
    • By lcc86 13th Nov 17, 7:35 PM
    • 913 Posts
    • 2,390 Thanks
    lcc86
    Evening all

It was a busy weekend as expected. Did all of the above. Especially enjoyed my experiments with the slow cooker, made some veggie chilli, chicken curry for OH and a fudge cake (yum!). I'm not much of a cook, but I've had the slow cooker for such a long time, I really should've used it more. Going to try another recipe this weekend. It's such an easy and cheap way of cooking, I'm definitely a convert!

We went to the rescue centre and were paired up with some bunnies, had the home check today and should be able to collect them at the weekend. Iove having animals in the house despite the bit of mess and the expense. However I've learnt from the past and am getting insurance this time!

Finances are ticking along nicely, I get my credit card bill in a few days so will be able to update my signature. Current totals are:

9/18 healthy days
    10/15 NSD's
    £16.15/£25 spent on household/toiletries

• lcc86
    • By lcc86 17th Nov 17, 6:29 PM
    • 913 Posts
    • 2,390 Thanks
    lcc86
    Evening again! Haven't checked in for a few days as I've not had an awful lot to write about. Work has been quite quiet but is potentially picking up a bit now, which I'm grateful for. I'm one of those people who actually prefer to be busy, not sure what's wrong with me!

I have paid my credit card bill so have updated my signature - am now down to £110! I know we have the roof to pay for at some point, but have no idea how much it'll be and when we'll need to pay, whether I'll be able to save enough or if I'll have to borrow. I'm trying not to worry about it as there's nothing I can do to change it, if I have to borrow a little money then so be it. We're doing our best to save as much as we can in the meantime.

I've done some Xmas shopping, am trying to avoid the shops as much as possible. Not going crazy this year - I always say that and end up buying loads but I mean it this year!

Plans for tomorrow are: try a slow cooker recipe for an Italian veg bake, do a bit of shopping and some chores at home, then I'm taking myself off to the Natural History Museum to see the Whale exhibition. It's one of my favourite places and I haven't been for ages so I'm having the day off from studying and will go there instead. Sunday I'll do some studying and then I'm off riding with a friend. I'm sure it'll be Monday before I know it!

• lcc86
    • By lcc86 20th Nov 17, 10:04 PM
    • 913 Posts
    • 2,390 Thanks
    lcc86
    Ah Monday again already

Weekend was good, although Saturday was a little spendy I must admit. Went to the museum as planned, I always enjoy it and got to see the new whale in the entrance, it's rather striking. I spent £16 on travel plus £5 on a donation to the museum and £11 on the exhibition I wanted to see. It was expensive but it was a treat, and I'm trying to do a bit more of that from time to time as a study reward. Speaking of which, I got my first essay result back and did MUCH better than I could've ever dreamed! I start the next one soon but don't think I'll do as well as I'm not as au faix with the topic.

Sunday I kept spend free. The weather was fab so we enjoyed a lovely hack out in the sunshine. Can't imagine there'll be too many more weekends like that for a while so have to make the most of it!

Still waiting for some direct debits to go through but mostly just looking forward to December. I still have some presents to get but am going to try and sort most if not all of it out by the end of the month. I'm hoping to come in under budget for the first time in.... Well I don't know but the first time in a long time that's for sure!

Been thinking about the usefulness of this and other diaries in helping me clear my debt again. I desperately don't want to end up back here again a third time so have joined the emergency fund thread to try and spur me on and really get me into a savings mindset. I missed my old diary at times, and will miss having somewhere to jot down my progress again, even though 99% of the time it's just me rambling to myself

Off to London tomorrow for a conference and am feeling pretty unmotivated to go tbh. Whenever work is quiet I really lose motivation so I think that's what's happening here. I also hate social situations where you have to network, I'm always that awkward person in the corner, so part of my reluctance is probably due to that as well. Still, it's a short day so I won't complain, and I'm working from home on Wednesday as well. Hoping to pick up the rabbits, they're all that's missing from Project Bunny now!

• lcc86
    • By lcc86 22nd Nov 17, 8:44 PM
    • 913 Posts
    • 2,390 Thanks
    lcc86
    Just wanted to update my totals for the month:

16/18 healthy days
    14/15 NSD's
    £27.90 spent on household and toiletries

I've done pretty well this month, I still have money in my bills account, although have a couple of bits I need to buy. I'm trying to do all my spends on two or three days a week and spend strategically to try and keep track of things, and also to help me not waste money!

Wasn't able to get the bunnies today as they need to see the vet, but I did manage to get a first draft of my new essay done this evening which is good as I'll have no time to study this weekend. It's OH's birthday so we'll be out and about on Saturday and then I'll be riding and volunteering on Sunday so busy busy.

I also was naughty and used my credit card to buy an orthopaedic pillow last week. It was £18, I don't know why I used the credit instead of the debit card but I must ensure I clear that off before the end of the month.

• lcc86
    • By lcc86 28th Nov 17, 9:28 PM
    • 913 Posts
    • 2,390 Thanks
    lcc86
    Forgive me diary for I have sinned...

After all my shpiel last week about having money left and being good this month, I was naughty over the weekend... I bought a few bits I needed, one of which was quite pricey (a homeopathic pain remedy), and then I got sidetracked and ended up in Primark, where I spent £22 on my credit card definitely wasn't a necessity to spend that money, particularly when I'd already put £18 on the card earlier in the month...

I've amended December's budget and will get it paid off so it's not the end of the world but still, it just wasn't necessary and I should've been more disciplined!

Payday tomorrow so budget resets for the next month. I did manage more healthy days than I wanted and more NSD's, although some of that work is undone by my credit card spending, must do better next month. Part of me does think I should chill out, it was only £22 after all, but I know what I'm like, one minute it's £22, the next it's £200 and before I know it I've spent thousands, so I have to be hard on myself and stay disciplined!

• lcc86
    • By lcc86 1st Dec 17, 8:36 AM
    • 913 Posts
    • 2,390 Thanks
    lcc86
    Payday has been so have done the relevant money shuffling, and most of the big direct debits have all gone through this morning.

Am really pleased that overall in savings I have just over £1,700 for various things. I've never in my life had that much in savings, so it's a real achievement for me, even if some of it is earmarked for certain things. Hopefully I am finally turning the corner, bar a couple of slip ups. The credit card bill isn't due until mid-month so I haven't paid it yet, but once I have then I'm home and dry again!

Working from home today and then going to collect our new rescue bunnies afterwards. Will be sorting their insurance out this morning - I got burned in the past through having no pet insurance, never again!

Plans for tomorrow are to do some studying and try and get my next essay more or less finished, try and get the last of the Xmas presents and then meet a friend for coffee. OH is out tomorrow evening so I might take the opportunity to have a long relaxing soak in the bath with a face mask and a glass of wine - my idea of heaven!

Plans for Sunday are to wrap the Xmas presents and then go horse riding. I wasn't very well last week so only had a short ride, want to make up for it this week if possible (weather dependent of course!).

Hope everybody has a fab weekend.

• lcc86
    • By lcc86 5th Dec 17, 9:59 PM
    • 913 Posts
    • 2,390 Thanks
    lcc86
    Evening all, a late check in following the weekend. Haven't been doing too well on the NSD front so far this month, today is only my second NSD. On the plus side I have got 95% of the Xmas shopping done, I'll do the final bits this weekend, and I got everything I'd already bought wrapped up, so am feeling way more organised.

Most bills have gone through, just a couple of bits left to pay. My work Xmas do is this Friday, I was debating getting the train in so that I could relax and have a couple of drinks but I had to get the train today and it took me nearly three hours to get home because of various issues... So I think I'll just drive as normal to be honest! I don't really drink anyway and it's probably best not to get tipsy in front of work colleagues!

Picked up the rabbits last week and they're settling in really well. I love having fur babies in the house (until they wreck something of course!).

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,971Posts Today

7,199Users online

Martin's Twitter