Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lcc86
    • By lcc86 25th Aug 17, 9:08 AM
    • 902Posts
    • 2,380Thanks
    lcc86
    Oops, back again...
    • 25th Aug 17, 9:08 AM
    Oops, back again... 25th Aug 17 at 9:08 AM
    So, after thinking hard about whether to start another diary I've decided I need to do so in order to make sure I pay off my shiny new debts again once and for all!!!

To give some background, I was in debt for most of my adult life from 21 to 30 years old as I was just extremely irresponsible with money I kept it secret from my family and managed to pay it off earlier this year when I sold my flat.

I kept an 'emergency' credit card which was to be used for work expenses and any aforementioned emergencies. However I wasn't strict enough with myself and used it to book a mini break, and a couple of other things. I'd budget to repay it the following month, but surprise surprise actual emergencies occurred e.g my windscreen smashed and needed replacing, my car needed some new parts, and more recently I've had vet fees to pay. All of which has meant I now have £635 on there, with the final vet bill still to be sent to me, so realistically it'll be about £800. My phone also died a few weeks ago and so I used my Very account to get a new one at £200. On top of that I've also just signed up to a chiropractor treatment plan to fix some longstanding issues with my spine.

So basically I wanted to start a diary to help on the journey to clear all the debt again once and for all! My biggest error when I became debt free was not focusing on an emergency fund (I booked a holiday instead ). I've been part of the 365 day challenge this year so have decided that that money will be my emergency fund and I'll hopefully add to it next year as well. No holidays next year outside the UK as I'm returning to uni via distance learning in a few weeks so I'm hoping I'll be so busy with that that time will fly and I won't even notice!

So time to bite the bullet and write down the totals:

Very account £177 (mobile phone) 0% interest
    Credit card £625, 0% interest, broken down into:
    - £129 camper an holiday
    - £25 windscreen
    - £25 chiropractor
    - £240 vet fees (with more to follow)
    - £136 car parts
    - £60 car insurance (renewed a few weeks ago and didn't quite have enough)
    - £10 work expenses (not too concerned about this as will be reimbursed)

Grand total of £802

I've seen over the last few weeks that it's incredibly easy to rack up debt when you don't have an emergency fund. Each time I've thought oh I'll budget to repay X over the next month or two months, but then something else comes along and throws a spanner in the works. So no more! Time to clear it once and for all! I'm annoyed with myself that after everything I went through to clear the debt last time, it's easily crept back up again within 6 months. I have the means to not be in debt, I just need to be smarter. And remember that emergency really does mean emergency!

I'll start contributing properly when I get paid next week. I've set the budget and the plan is to put £250 towards credit card, £30 to Very, and I also need to save £250 for various bits and bobs. I hope to be debt free again by January or February at the latest.

So if anyone wants to join me and listen to my ramblings again, feel free!
    1/12/14 total £9,140 DFD 30/01/17
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5124473 - my original DFD

25/08/17 new total £802 back in debt but determined clear it by February 2018! 17/11/17 - £110 2017 365 day challenge £597 saved for emergency fund
Page 2
    • lcc86
    • By lcc86 11th Sep 17, 9:47 PM
    • 902 Posts
    • 2,380 Thanks
    lcc86
    Evening all

The weekend is well and truly over, they seem to go so quickly these days! Didn't bag any more NSD's as I bought a new toothbrush and a couple of other bits yesterday. Today I bought a wrap for lunch - very unlike me as I rarely buy lunch, I even had my lunch with me but just didn't fancy it today. Back on track tomorrow however. I also had to fill up with petrol today as well.

Went riding yesterday which was great, really enjoyed it and OH walked along next to me so it was nice to spend some time together. Today I managed a 45 minute walk before work and then 30 mins at lunchtime.

Current totals for the month now stand at:
    6/18 NSD's
    9/20 healthy days
    £18.92/£20 spent on toiletries

25/08/17 new total £802 back in debt but determined clear it by February 2018! 17/11/17 - £110 2017 365 day challenge £597 saved for emergency fund
    • lcc86
    • By lcc86 13th Sep 17, 8:34 AM
    • 902 Posts
    • 2,380 Thanks
    lcc86
    Plodding on this week, thoroughly fed up with work. Not the job itself but just some of the staff I supervise. They requested a meeting as they're casual workers so don't get together on a regular basis, so I arranged one for last night and one by one they all dropped out. I wouldn't mind but I'm having so many issues with them that I really needed to have the meeting to try and address said issues... Oh well, today is another day!

Not much else to report. Bagged another NSD and healthy day yesterday. The internet has decided to go down at home, tried to get through to them yesterday but they had a 45 minute wait to a premium rate number, so I gave up. Called them this morning and they're hopefully going to sort it out over the next couple of days. We don't have a TV license at home so just watch Netflix and catch up, so it was interesting having no TV yesterday!

My OU unofficially starts tomorrow - the website goes live although the module doesn't officially start until October. I'm going to spend some time going through the website and working out what I need to do over the next few weeks and get started over the weekend. I want to get a head start so that if I have a few days when I can't be bothered, it won't be the end of the world!

Off to London again for work tomorrow so need to pay out for another train ticket. Going to stop off at Borough market on the way home, I got some spices there earlier in the year which I LOVE and use with everything lol. I was going to reorder online but remembered I'm passing that way so will try and pick it up tomorrow instead to save on postage and be a bit more MSE.

• lcc86
    • By lcc86 15th Sep 17, 10:25 PM
    • 902 Posts
    • 2,380 Thanks
    lcc86
    Managed to get the Internet fixed after a couple of phone calls. Was without it for 2 days in the end. We don't have TV so I really noticed the difference without being able to stream stuff. Board games and bizarre discussions aplenty!

I've had a look at my uni materials, it looks exciting (feel so nerdy saying that). I'll be getting started properly tomorrow. Yesterday I bought a text book for the course (a used copy but still £16 with postage), and also bought the spices I mentioned, so it wasn't a NSD. Today has been a NSD, OH paid for a takeaway and we played a board game for a bit. Feel a bit ill now though, everything seems to be disagreeing with me atm

Have a small money dilemma - my friend is getting married next year and I've been invited to the hen party. Only trouble is that it's £400 and they need a £50 deposit by the end of the month. A lot of people I know seem to be doing increasingly expensive hen do's and I don't know where I sit with it. Next year I wanted to save money, build on my emergency fund and possibly have a small break in the UK. I don't think I can justify that amount for a weekend away, even before food and drink is added. I might see if I can go for part of it and just join in some of activities so that I'm not a complete scrooge

Plans for the weekend are to study tomorrow and do some chores. Sunday I'm volunteering in the morning and then riding in the afternoon. Nothing fancy, a pretty quiet one but on the plus side it'll keep costs down and tbh I enjoy the pottering around side of things.
    Last edited by lcc86; 15-09-2017 at 10:28 PM.

• lcc86
    • By lcc86 16th Sep 17, 3:59 PM
    • 902 Posts
    • 2,380 Thanks
    lcc86
    Afternoon all,

Well I've completed my week's studying today, feeling positive about it all at the moment. I've started early so that if I have a busy week or a 'can't be bothered' week, then I won't fall behind. So far so good.

On the not so good front, my tablet looks like it's decided to give up the ghost. I use it every day so that's a touch frustrating. I've had it about 5 years and it only recently showed signs of breaking, so it's done relatively well. I'm undecided about getting another one because of money. There's an amazon one for £30 which I could get, but I want to see what I have left at the end of the month. I really want to have as much spare cash left as possible as I do have a couple of things I need to buy and I'd like to pay a little off my credit card... Quite frustrating when these things crop up. Still, I can certainly make do for now.

Submitted up to date gas and electricity meter readings (they won't give us a smart meter yet for some reason) and we're £80 in credit we were a little in credit before so it's good to know we're not using loads. They want to reduce the direct debit but with winter coming I've left it as is. I always aim to keep the heating off as long as possible but it seems to be getting cold early this year!

I also paid my cc bill today - I've incurred £15 of interest so my new total is £546. It's certainly headed in the right direction. I won't be able to pay as much off next month unfortunately so progress will be slower, but progress is progress regardless of how slow it is. I'd like to pay off an extra £15 before the end of the month to take account of that interest charge.

Finally, an updated tally of where I'm at this month:
    9/18 NSD's
    11/20 healthy days
    £20.32/£20 spent on toiletries - have gone ever so slightly over budget here! No other spends planned though.

• lcc86
    • By lcc86 18th Sep 17, 5:38 PM
    • 902 Posts
    • 2,380 Thanks
    lcc86
    Evening all,

Just reporting in after the weekend. Yesterday wasn't a NSD, I was out volunteering and then horse riding, so I decided to treat myself to a mini bottle of wine afterwards to relax. £1.89 spent. Then I decided that as it was already a spend day, I was going to get a book from Amazon (second hand) - I finally bought Anne Frank's diary, it's something I've meant to read for years and finally decided to do it. Think it cost something like £3.30 with postage, so pretty reasonable. I want to try and read more books as I used to be such a bookworm but have fallen out of the habit a bit in recent times.

Today I bought my NUS student discount card so it won't be a NSD again (forgot to buy it yesterday!). That should save me a fair bit of money here and there so a good investment.

Had a look at my finances for the remainder of the month this morning. It's looking okay, I should have a little money left in my food/petrol account, so might keep that in there for next month as a surplus. I should also have approx. £70 left in my current account. I'll divide this up between an extra debt payment, putting some money back into my household savings, and hopefully getting a new mat for the floor in my car. The current one has worn through and now I'm wearing a hole through the actual carpet on the car through to the bare metal so a replacement is definitely needed! I've needed one for months but have always been wasting money, so it needs prioritising.

• lcc86
    • By lcc86 21st Sep 17, 10:08 AM
    • 902 Posts
    • 2,380 Thanks
    lcc86
    Morning all

Working from home today so saving money on fuel shopping has been delivered this morning and I've got some sausage casserole in the slow cooker for OH. Will have a go at a veggie spinach lasagne later on, first time I've attempted the recipe so we'll see how it goes. I've gone slightly over on the food budget this month, but I had a surplus from last month and I've got a surplus from unused petrol money which I keep in the same account so it's not the end of the world. I have a full tank of fuel (may need £10 to see me through to payday), food until the end of the month (barring a small amount of fruit for work next week) and have £38 in the account, so will have a decent surplus come the end of the month

My tablet decided to come back to life and appears to be working fine so I think I've avoided the need for a new one (phew!). If it breaks in future so be it, but I'm glad it's still going for the time being!

I bit the bullet and realised I'd better start planning for Christmas and what I want to get people. I want to keep costs down but I say this every year and it doesn't seem to happen! I've started saving already so will start buying stuff as and when I see something I think someone will like. It'll creep up on us before we know it!

Last couple of days have been NSD's but NOT healthy days as we had a buffet at work and then had leftovers yesterday. Current tally stands at:

12/18 NSD's (not sure if I'll get 6 more before the end of the month but will give it a good go!)
    14/20 healthy days
    £20.32/£20 spent on toiletries/household goods

• lcc86
    • By lcc86 23rd Sep 17, 11:03 AM
    • 902 Posts
    • 2,380 Thanks
    lcc86
    Morning all,

Been for a walk and got a couple of things done around the house, now I need to settle in for some studying. I did a lot of studying during the week so I'm ahead of where I need to be. No pressure today really, just going to do a couple of hours probably. Need to clean my aquarium, the kitchen and bathroom, put the washing away and do some dusting. Might go cinema with OH later as we have free tickets. We were meant to go last night but couldn't be bothered

Yesterday was definitely a spend day. I got a book for dad for Christmas, a wireless mouse (something I've meant to buy for at least a year ), paid for parking at the chiropractor, paid the deposit for my work Christmas do, and bought some waterproof riding trousers online. Not 100% sure they'll be long enough so we'll have to wait and see what they're like when they turn up. No spends planned today or tomorrow though.

I checked my clubcard account and have some vouchers in there, so added one to next week's shopping delivery. Not sure why they're not being sent any more - I have definitely updated our address, checked it again today but hey ho.

I paid the extra £15 off my credit card today to cancel out the interest I accrued. In the month since I started this diary I've almost halved what I owe and got it down to £435 although I'm still waiting for the final bill from the vet, not sure what the delay is. Anyway, as it stands I should be debt free by January again... It's like deja vu from last year! I'd like to try and push it to December but it's always such a spendy time of year so I'll have to wait and see. I've been able to make decent progress this month, but the next few months will definitely be slower. Still, it's headed in the right direction so I'm on the right track... Just need to keep building the emergency fund as well to prevent a re-occurrence in future!
    Last edited by lcc86; 23-09-2017 at 11:05 AM.

• lcc86
    • By lcc86 25th Sep 17, 5:28 PM
    • 902 Posts
    • 2,380 Thanks
    lcc86
    The weekend was pretty quiet in the end. We did make use of the free cinema tickets on Saturday and saw It. I enjoyed the film but didn't find it scary tbh! Not bad at all though. Saturday was a NSD too.

The weather was gorgeous yesterday so went out for a long ride on the horse. Really enjoyed it, and timed it well as the weather turned not long after we got back. Sunday wasn't a NSD as we went out for lunch, I spent just under £10.

I transferred £20 into my household savings account this morning, am hoping to save whatever else is left in the account by payday on Friday.

I don't think I'll reach my NSD tally for the month. I don't think I timed some of my spends very well and spent unnecessarily on days when I didn't need to. Must plan better next month.

On a positive note, I've got my NUS card through so should be able to get discounts now on loads of stuff. Need to make good use of it!

• Orange Ena
    • By Orange Ena 25th Sep 17, 9:42 PM
    • 1,239 Posts
    • 3,274 Thanks
    Orange Ena
    Great start to your Christmas planning lcc. I must make a start too before it gets to Christmas Eve and I've not done a darn thing
    Debt April 2015 - £6895.44 Debt April 2017 - £2500 May - £1455 Sept - £900
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £327.26
    Every penny is a prisoner
    • lcc86
    • By lcc86 26th Sep 17, 8:01 AM
    • 902 Posts
    • 2,380 Thanks
    lcc86
    Thanks Ena, it's creeping up on us, can't believe it's October at the end of this week!

Am being a bit lazy in bed this morning, was meant to be up and doing a quick bit of pilates but I'm incredibly achey - partly from horse riding, partly from a bad night's sleep, partly arthritis, so I've decided not to worry about it. I always feel guilty when I don't work out but sometimes you have to listen to your body! I'll be back on the wagon with my neck and back stretches this evening so it's not the end of the world.

I realised something last night, something I probably should've realised ages ago. OH and I were talking about getting some rescue bunnies (as you do ) and we decided to plan and get some in the next few months. Anyway, I then went crazy making a list of everything we would need and finding out costs, which in itself isn't a bad thing. The trouble comes when I then sit there and think I have to have it all NOW. I have a real problem with waiting, I know patience isn't my strong suit, but especially when it comes to purchases. I think this is why I never have savings because a. I have a tendency to go "oh I'll put X on the credit card and pay it back later" and b. If something will take a long time to save for e.g. A holiday or a car, I don't see the point so I don't bother and just spend instead.

I clearly have a real issue with instant gratification. It's probably why I originally ended up in debt and why, even now, I still haven't quite mastered the art of saving and having a decent emergency fund. I'm not one of those who must have the best gadgets just because everyone else has them, but if I want something I do want it right this second and probably justify it to myself when it's not a necessity at all...

Anyway, all this rambling and not much in the way of solutions! Perhaps I need to spend some time looking at ways to deal with instant gratification as that may help. It's funny how this is something I still struggle with even after spending 10 years in debt. You'd think the lesson would've been learned by now... Either way, I definitely won't be using the credit card or savings to get any bunny related stuff - now that I've said my confession I'm determined to save for the stuff and do it the 'normal' way! If I write something on here I can't go back on it as I'll feel guilty so Project Bunny is on

• lcc86
    • By lcc86 27th Sep 17, 8:51 AM
    • 902 Posts
    • 2,380 Thanks
    lcc86
    Morning all,

I've seen my payslip for next month and it's exactly what I calculated it would be, so the budget is finalised and looking okay... Outgoings are higher over the next few months what with debt clearing and Christmas coming up, but as of January it's looking much more manageable.

Yesterday wasn't a NSD - I got my hair cut at a local college, which cost £7. I also finally bought the car mat I've needed for such a long time so £20 spent there. Went for a walk last night to loosen my back up and did my stretches, but it wasn't a healthy day as I was a bit naughty foodwise...

Today should be both a NSD and a healthy day hopefully!

• lcc86
    • By lcc86 29th Sep 17, 10:12 PM
    • 902 Posts
    • 2,380 Thanks
    lcc86
    Been awol for a couple of days, came down with a migraine on Wednesday and ended up in bed for 36 hours. Not much fun, went back to work today but wasn't really in the right place tbh...

Payday has been which is always good news! transferred money into the relevant savings pots - most importantly the emergency fund is at £527. The credit card bill isn't due until towards the end of the month so I won't worry about that just yet. I didn't quite hit my NSD and healthy target for September (I work from payday to payday to avoid confusion in my head!) - I got 17/18 NSD's and 19/20 healthy days.

I did treat myself to a new jumper today at £18 including postage but I no other spends.

Got a quiet weekend planned. I have a laser tattoo removal appointment tomorrow morning, then I need to collect a parcel and get a couple of bits from town before I settle in for a bit of studying. Sunday I'll be volunteering in the morning and then riding with a friend in the afternoon - fingers crossed the weather holds out!

• Orange Ena
    • By Orange Ena 30th Sep 17, 10:16 PM
    • 1,239 Posts
    • 3,274 Thanks
    Orange Ena
    Really impressed with your NSD's and healthy days I only managed 11 NSD's I won't mention the healthy days I didn't have
    Debt April 2015 - £6895.44 Debt April 2017 - £2500 May - £1455 Sept - £900
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £327.26
    Every penny is a prisoner
    • lcc86
    • By lcc86 1st Oct 17, 7:38 PM
    • 902 Posts
    • 2,380 Thanks
    lcc86
    Really impressed with your NSD's and healthy days I only managed 11 NSD's I won't mention the healthy days I didn't have
    Originally posted by Orange Ena
    Thanks Ena, even though I manage a lot of NSD's I still don't have much left at the end of each month so I'm sure I'm making up for it on spend days

Speaking of NSD's, yesterday I bought some cheap new blusher, new tights and some plug in air fresheners - all were bought as replacements were needed so no unnecessary spends. I also paid for parking for my laser tattoo appointment. I ended up with another migraine for some reason so took myself off to bed really early. Luckily it had gone by this morning thank goodness!

Today I've been volunteering and then accompanied a friend to a dressage test on her horse. Have definitely managed a healthy day what with all the riding and walking and also a NSD I think I rode for too long - we were out for over 2 1/2 hours and my hips, knees and back are in loads of pain now blooming arthritis... So am sitting with a hot water bottle just watching tv. Good to know where my limits are I guess. Tonight will definitely be an early night!

I also paid an extra £15 off my credit card yesterday as I really want to try and clear it by Christmas if I can and worked out if I pay an additional £15 a month I should manage it.
    Last edited by lcc86; 01-10-2017 at 7:40 PM.

• lcc86
    • By lcc86 5th Oct 17, 1:35 PM
    • 902 Posts
    • 2,380 Thanks
    lcc86
    Been a few days since my last post, but nothing much to say tbh! Just plodding along at work and at home. I'm off work today and am doing a bit of studying. Off to Devon tomorrow and I have an assignment to start so wanted to crack on. However OH is off work sick today and he is a constant source of distraction

Today hasn't been a NSD as I needed to get a few bits in town - toothpaste and the like, and ended up finding some other toiletries on offer in Savers so thought I might as well pick those up while I'm there. As a result I've practically used my entire toiletries/household budget so chances are I'll go over this again as I need some washing powder soon. Oopsy...

I also got some stuff from £land for Halloween, we've been invited to a party and I initially thought about buying an outfit, but am loathe to spend money on something I'll only wear once so I'm going to just dress nicely and put some fake blood on £2 spent instead of about £30

My tally for October so far is:
    3/18 NSD's
    3/20 healthy days (although today could make it 4 if I eat wisely for the rest of the day)
    £19.80/£20 spent on toiletries/household

The next couple of days won't be NSD's as we'll be in Devon and will be eating out. I have budgeted £130 for everything (not including petrol), I'd like to come back with some money but it's not the end of the world if I don't. When I'm away I always feel like I MUST bring some money home with me for X bill or X debt, and if I don't then I've failed. I'd like to get out of that mentality and just be able to enjoy myself... I don't waste money on holiday unnecessarily but I need to relax a little and actually enjoy the fact that I saved this money for the holiday itself!

• lcc86
    • By lcc86 8th Oct 17, 8:14 PM
    • 902 Posts
    • 2,380 Thanks
    lcc86
    Well what a fabulous weekend it's been. Devon was gorgeous. The weather was fab, great food, great company, honestly one of the best breaks I've ever had. The accommodation was to die for as well, I just didn't want to come home! I enjoyed this break more than I've enjoyed a holiday for a long time, I must explore the English countryside more frequently! And a massive plus was I hardly spent any money tbh, all we did was buy food, I think I spent in the region of £50, and I wasn't worried about spending.

Also went riding this afternoon when we got home, the weather held out which is the main thing!

So of course the last few days have been neither NSD's or healthy days (far from it!). I decided that as I'm already on a spend day today I'd buy a few bits online so I got myself a couple of second hand books, a little Christmas present for my niece and some stuff for Project Bunny

Back to work tomorrow, busy week ahead work wise which should make the week go quickly hopefully. I need to start racking up healthy days and NSD's.

Also just as an aside, I forgot to update my signature after payday, but my emergency fund is now at £527. It's the first time it's been over £500, which I'm super pleased with! I really want to get it to £1,000 and then I'll be happy lol.

• lcc86
    • By lcc86 11th Oct 17, 8:40 AM
    • 902 Posts
    • 2,380 Thanks
    lcc86
    Not much to report, just plodding along. Direct debits have mostly been paid for the month, shopping delivery came yesterday and everything is ticking along.

The dreaded Christmas word keeps being mentioned by my family - people asking what I want and vice versa. I have no idea what to get people and no suggestions for them either, and everyone else seems to be in a similar position, so we're at a bit of a dead end at the moment!

My totals for the month so far are:

6/18 NSD's
    7/20 healthy days
    £23.25/£20 (slight overspend, but I shan't beat myself up over it!)

• elsien
    • By elsien 11th Oct 17, 8:58 AM
    • 15,285 Posts
    • 38,370 Thanks
    elsien
    You mentioned Tesco clubcard earlier. Have you considered not spending them on shopping but saving them for the clubcard boosts. Obviously it depends where you live and want you like doing but I think last year £2.50 worth turned into £10 day out vouchers which got me into Blenheim palace and 12 months free entry to the grounds.
    If you're having less holidays, days out like that can help to make up for it. Take a picnic, and you're sorted for a lovely day out.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • lcc86
    • By lcc86 13th Oct 17, 5:44 PM
    • 902 Posts
    • 2,380 Thanks
    lcc86
    You mentioned Tesco clubcard earlier. Have you considered not spending them on shopping but saving them for the clubcard boosts. Obviously it depends where you live and want you like doing but I think last year £2.50 worth turned into £10 day out vouchers which got me into Blenheim palace and 12 months free entry to the grounds.
    If you're having less holidays, days out like that can help to make up for it. Take a picnic, and you're sorted for a lovely day out.
    Originally posted by elsien
    Thanks Elsien, I've never looked into club card boost but you're right, it could be a winner for days out next year so I'll definitely find out more

Been a busy but productive week at work, although a little frustrating at times. The journey is the most frustrating part actually most days this week I've spent 4 hours commuting... I go through phases where I get to the end of my tether with it and want to look elsewhere, but the money is good where I am and closer to home a similar job probably won't pay as well as I won't get London weighting. Plus in just over a year I should be working from home half the time, so if I can stick it out it could work out quite well. I do enjoy the work so I don't actively want to leave, I just get frustrated sometimes, as we all do!

I need a small top up shop so am going to go to the supermarket tonight rather than tomorrow when it's busy. My local is closed for a couple of weeks for refurbishment so will be trying either Morrisons or M&S as they're the next nearest... M&S would be a lovely treat...

Plans for the weekend are to study tomorrow, then volunteering and horse riding on Sunday. Weather should be good so it'll be nice to be outside for part of it.

• lcc86
    • By lcc86 17th Oct 17, 9:20 AM
    • 902 Posts
    • 2,380 Thanks
    lcc86
    Morning all,

Well I was good the other day and went to Morrisons for my shop. Never really been there before, it was okay, they seem to have a decent vegetarian selection so I might have to pop in there a bit more regularly.

Saturday I managed to get the first draft of part of an essay done - I really need to crack on with this! It's my first essay for my Masters so I'm really nervous about the mark. It's not the be all and end all as it's not weighted particularly high overall, but I desperately want to get off to a good start.

Saturday was also a spend day as I got some compost for some indoor planting of seeds, some hair stuff, and bought a few bits online.

Sunday was a NSD, I was out all day and absolutely knackered by the evening.

Yesterday was also a NSD, and today will be too.

Current totals are:
    9/18 NSD's
    10/20 healthy days
    £23.25/£20 on toiletries/household

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

315Posts Today

1,714Users online

Martin's Twitter