Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lstar337
    • By lstar337 24th Aug 17, 4:58 PM
    • 3,210Posts
    • 1,703Thanks
    lstar337
    No generation since 3rd August!
    • 24th Aug 17, 4:58 PM
    No generation since 3rd August! 24th Aug 17 at 4:58 PM
    Just been entering my import/export readings for the last few weeks (I have been slacking off), and I haven't had anything for the last couple of weeks.

Week 27/7 - 39kWh
    Week 3/8 - 9kWh
    Week 10/8 - 0kWh
    Week 17/8 - 0kWh
    Week 24/8 - 0kWh

Generation meter light is solid on.

Anything I can do before I call the letting agent to have it inspected?

Our weekly import has spiked to over £10/ week when it is usually less than £4.
Page 2
    • theboylard
    • By theboylard 11th Sep 17, 12:00 PM
    • 1,125 Posts
    • 2,743 Thanks
    theboylard
    That's a brand new inverter with all the cost associated - I don't know your install details so I don't know if that would be appropriate for your case as it supports upto 2650W.
    Data sheet for Sunny Boy 1.5/2.5
    A UK seller is selling for £589 ex VAT plus delivery

Data sheet for Sunny Boy 3300/3800
    page 68

As it's doing nothing apart from sitting on the floor in the garage, I'm not after mega bucks for it £50 squid plus carriage, or collect.
    4kWp, SSE, 16 x 250w EcoFuture BoB with retro-fitted SolarEdge P300 optimisers & SE3500 Inverter, in occasionally sunny Corby, Northants.
    • lstar337
    • By lstar337 11th Sep 17, 1:00 PM
    • 3,210 Posts
    • 1,703 Thanks
    lstar337
    That's a brand new inverter with all the cost associated - I don't know your install details so I don't know if that would be appropriate for your case as it supports upto 2650W.
    Data sheet for Sunny Boy 1.5/2.5
    A UK seller is selling for £589 ex VAT plus delivery

Data sheet for Sunny Boy 3300/3800
    page 68

As it's doing nothing apart from sitting on the floor in the garage, I'm not after mega bucks for it £50 squid plus carriage, or collect.
    Originally posted by theboylard
    Only have six panels (2 strings (of 3 each I'm guessing)) and don't know what they are but always assumed a 1.5kW system in total.

That's a very generous offer, I may speak to the letting agent about it. Thank you.

theboylard, I am in BA6 postcode area may I ask if you are anywhere close to me?
    Last edited by lstar337; 11-09-2017 at 1:05 PM.
    • theboylard
    • By theboylard 11th Sep 17, 11:20 PM
    • 1,125 Posts
    • 2,743 Thanks
    theboylard
    Ah, not sure if it's appropriate then - massively over specced for your requirements!!

You're in Glasto country, I'm East Midlands. it's about 3hrs by car.
    From you - M5 north, M42 east, M6 south, A14 east.

Offer still stands, but you may get more suitable equipment elsewhere?
    4kWp, SSE, 16 x 250w EcoFuture BoB with retro-fitted SolarEdge P300 optimisers & SE3500 Inverter, in occasionally sunny Corby, Northants.
    • lstar337
    • By lstar337 12th Sep 17, 9:01 AM
    • 3,210 Posts
    • 1,703 Thanks
    lstar337
    Ah, not sure if it's appropriate then - massively over specced for your requirements!!

Offer still stands, but you may get more suitable equipment elsewhere?
    Originally posted by theboylard
    Yeah, I thought it was over specced. Wouldn't stop it working though I guess, and it's a very tempting price.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,540Posts Today

4,229Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin