Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Schlingel
    • By Schlingel 23rd Aug 17, 4:38 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 4Thanks
    Schlingel
    Popla appeal rejected now had letter re: court
    • 23rd Aug 17, 4:38 PM
    Popla appeal rejected now had letter re: court 23rd Aug 17 at 4:38 PM
    I had a parking eye fine and appealed to popla. I received an email saying parking eye had uploaded evidence. When I logged onto popla there was a message saying 'parking eye have not uploaded evidence'. I assumed I would win by default and let it at that. I then received an email saying my appeal had been rejected and I needed to pay. I replied asking how I had lost if parking eye had not uploaded evidence. They said I had an email stating evidence was uploaded and procedures had been followed, that I should have asked to see the evidence. I sought advice from citizens advice who told me to go back to popla!! I made a formal complaint to popla and again was told procedure had been followed. I contested this, the webpage stated 'parking eye submitted no evidence', rather than something that suggested a mistake had been made such as 'evidence can't be seen'.
    I have now received a letter before court claim. What do I do? Do I stand a chance?
Page 2
    • Schlingel
    • By Schlingel 8th Sep 17, 12:31 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Schlingel
    Ok so little update. I wrote a letter to parking eye just explaining the above re: Popla, and that because I wasn't given a fair chance to appeal I would not be paying the fine. I received an email from parking eye today telling me to pay the fine or I would be going to court- but hey it wasn't an official scary letter so maybe that's progress?!
    Surprisingly the retail park got back to me and offered to get in touch with parking eye to cancel the ticket. However I have since received this email from parking eye saying I will be taken to court. It's gone past the costs now, to be honest I would love give parking eye a metaphorical punch in the face, I just think the way the they operate is so unethical
    • Schlingel
    • By Schlingel 8th Sep 17, 12:38 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Schlingel
    I know I need to contact parking eye so they definitely know the retail park have asked for this to be cancelled. They have sent me an email from a no-reply email address so should I write another letter?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Sep 17, 9:50 AM
    • 50,029 Posts
    • 63,421 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Ok so little update. I wrote a letter to parking eye just explaining the above re: Popla, and that because I wasn't given a fair chance to appeal I would not be paying the fine. I received an email from parking eye today telling me to pay the fine or I would be going to court- but hey it wasn't an official scary letter so maybe that's progress?!

Surprisingly the retail park got back to me and offered to get in touch with parking eye to cancel the ticket.

However I have since received this email from parking eye saying I will be taken to court. It's gone past the costs now, to be honest I would love give parking eye a metaphorical punch in the face, I just think the way the they operate is so unethical
    Originally posted by Schlingel
    Get your MP on board - today! MPs can have the clout you need.

The Retail park will be slapped back and told by PE that it is 'too late' to cancel, so that will get nowhere. Should have been the first thing you did, when you got the ticket (net time, always do a strong complaint to the retailer or Store manager in person, as the first step).

However, a tenacious MP might push it enough, because it is in fact NEVER too late for PE to cancel a PCN, and sometimes they will settle for £60.

Which retail park or retailer? If Aldi, PE never sue, if Morrisons (for example) they do. The fact they emailed doesn't mean they won't.

Can't stress enough, PE WILL NOT cancel for the retailer now. Also NEVER write letters to PE (proper email is = enforcement@parkingeye.co.uk)

I know I need to contact parking eye so they definitely know the retail park have asked for this to be cancelled.
    Won't happen, not without your MP.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 08-09-2017 at 9:53 AM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Schlingel
    • By Schlingel 8th Sep 17, 3:11 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Schlingel
    It's mostyn champneys in Llandudno. It's difficult as I don't live there so it's not my local MP, but I guess I could try and google who that would be. Disappointed to hear parking eye won't listen to the retailer...
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Sep 17, 3:50 PM
    • 50,029 Posts
    • 63,421 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Not now they won't except maybe to offer to settle for about £60 - £80.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 8th Sep 17, 5:44 PM
    • 5,955 Posts
    • 7,672 Thanks
    beamerguy
    It's

It's difficult as I don't live there so it's not my local MP, but I guess I could try and google who that would be. Disappointed to hear parking eye won't listen to the retailer...
    Defo tell the MP for Llandudno that this episode has dramatically
    blurred your image about Llandudno and you will not return

Also, as others have done, warn the public about this car park
    on Trip Advisor

Mostyn Champneys Retail Park

Some of the comments

Parking warning
    Parking fine >>>> although it's not a fine
    Xmas shopping scam
    Awful - beware parking scam
    Parking eye in operation - AVOID
    Last edited by beamerguy; 08-09-2017 at 5:58 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Schlingel
    • By Schlingel 18th Sep 17, 3:59 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Schlingel
    They've written offering to drop the payment to £50- should I just pay?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th Sep 17, 9:23 PM
    • 50,029 Posts
    • 63,421 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Up to you. This was your stance before:
    It's gone past the costs now, to be honest I would love give parking eye a metaphorical punch in the face, I just think the way the they operate is so unethical
    So do you want to fight them in court, or make it go away? That's as low an offer as you are likely to get, but are you in fact happier to settle it at a hearing in a few months? You might win and pay nothing, but you might lose and pay about £175.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,349Posts Today

7,109Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin