Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sara Nixon
    • By Sara Nixon 23rd Aug 17, 8:24 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sara Nixon
    Reclaimed packaged Bank Account Charges
    • 23rd Aug 17, 8:24 AM
    Reclaimed packaged Bank Account Charges 23rd Aug 17 at 8:24 AM
    Thank you MSE ... I used your online template (Resolver) to contact Lloyds and within five days they had deposited £1653.02 back into my account. Result! I am delighted ...and no hassle or questions asked either!
Page 3
    • debby wilson
    • By debby wilson 7th Oct 17, 11:55 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    debby wilson
    I would check your breakdown cover, my cover was worthless when I tried to use it and had to pay privately to get my car recovered after it broke down. I now pay a small monthly to a breakdown scheme independantly
    • cbay84
    • By cbay84 13th Oct 17, 2:52 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    cbay84
    Lloyds have rejected my claim, are they right?
    Hi,

I recently submitted a claim through resolver to Lloyds bank. I remember sometime around 2005 going in to the bank to ask for an overdraft but being told the only way to get one was to have a packaged bank account. At the time this was only £5 so I agreed (although it is now £18). I never wanted the packaged bank account, just the overdraft facility. However Lloyds have rejected my claim as they say I have used the breakdown cover and they think I applied online to upgrade the account. Even though I didn't take out a packaged bank account to use any of the benefits, are they right in rejecting my claim because I have used the breakdown cover?

Thanks
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 13th Oct 17, 3:16 PM
    • 89,851 Posts
    • 55,457 Thanks
    dunstonh
    Hi,

I recently submitted a claim through resolver to Lloyds bank. I remember sometime around 2005 going in to the bank to ask for an overdraft but being told the only way to get one was to have a packaged bank account. At the time this was only £5 so I agreed (although it is now £18). I never wanted the packaged bank account, just the overdraft facility. However Lloyds have rejected my claim as they say I have used the breakdown cover and they think I applied online to upgrade the account. Even though I didn't take out a packaged bank account to use any of the benefits, are they right in rejecting my claim because I have used the breakdown cover?

Thanks
    Originally posted by cbay84
    Using a facility on the account does not mean the bank can reject it without consideration. However, it can negate some complaint reasons. For example, you say you only wanted it for the overdraft. Yet lloyds are also saying you not only registered fro the breakdown side but you also used it. So, that pretty much negates your complaint reason.

Also, even if they uphold your complaint, they can deduct the market cost of the parts of the package you used against the redress.

If you did apply online, then you are largely stuffed.
    • Dave789
    • By Dave789 16th Oct 17, 8:11 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Dave789
    I'm new to forums I've used the resolver application .for the Halifax has any one had any luck with them as they have tryed to ring me what should I expect to be asked .
    • zx81
    • By zx81 16th Oct 17, 8:14 PM
    • 13,687 Posts
    • 14,157 Thanks
    zx81
    It's not about luck. It's about whether you have valid mis sale reasons.

They will ask you about your complaint. You just need to answer honestly.
    • Dave789
    • By Dave789 16th Oct 17, 8:20 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Dave789
    Thank you I do feel I was miss sold an I've previously called to cancel and always been persuaded to keep it on never used any perks . Was advised it would help me in branch with better rates etc
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 20th Oct 17, 12:44 AM
    • 634 Posts
    • 2,451 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    Lloyds have today paid out for £410 to myself for mis sold packaged bank account. Two weeks from start to finish , done through Resolver .
    Oct 2017 CC1 £3439CC 2 £927

Debt Free Nov 2019: earlier if I have my way
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

213Posts Today

1,542Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin