Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sara Nixon
    • By Sara Nixon 23rd Aug 17, 8:24 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sara Nixon
    Reclaimed packaged Bank Account Charges
    • 23rd Aug 17, 8:24 AM
    Reclaimed packaged Bank Account Charges 23rd Aug 17 at 8:24 AM
    Thank you MSE ... I used your online template (Resolver) to contact Lloyds and within five days they had deposited £1653.02 back into my account. Result! I am delighted ...and no hassle or questions asked either!
Page 2
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 14th Sep 17, 8:19 PM
    • 89,597 Posts
    • 56,075 Thanks
    dunstonh
    Can anyone answer if rbs cancel my package account if “I reclaim package subs.

I wouldn’t want to put my breadown cover at risk.
    Originally posted by Dandytf
    Why on earth would you want to complain when you are happily using the benefits?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 14th Sep 17, 8:43 PM
    • 18,746 Posts
    • 9,990 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    Can anyone answer if rbs cancel my package account if “I reclaim package subs.

I wouldn’t want to put my breadown cover at risk.
    Words fail me on this one....
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 15th Sep 17, 5:43 PM
    • 908 Posts
    • 344 Thanks
    Dandytf
    Words fail me on this one....
    Originally posted by Moneyineptitude
    Don’t you read MSE-There is NO reason for a bank to cancel your packaged account if and when a refund is requested.
    sc dmp 2012 13k

Jan 2017 7380 paid. 50% ish...
    • BorisThomson
    • By BorisThomson 15th Sep 17, 5:57 PM
    • 538 Posts
    • 883 Thanks
    BorisThomson
    Don’t you read MSE-There is NO reason for a bank to cancel your packaged account if and when a refund is requested.
    You were missold the account, it was not suitable for your needs, but you want to keep it anyway.

Bit of a contradiction, don't you think?
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 15th Sep 17, 6:18 PM
    • 89,597 Posts
    • 56,075 Thanks
    dunstonh
    Are you sure it says that? Nothing in the MSE article on the subject says that.

I seem to recall that MSE has said that the bank will not cancel your account if you make a complaint. However, that is different to saying that the bank will not cancel the packaged part of it.

A PBA complaint is saying that you were missold the account and you didnt want it and want to be put back in the position you would have been had you not taken it out.
    Last edited by dunstonh; 15-09-2017 at 6:25 PM.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Mersey
    • By Mersey 19th Sep 17, 1:01 AM
    • 1,604 Posts
    • 774 Thanks
    Mersey

Although it sounds illogical, that is correct.

Certainly, I know the RBS group do this - even after sending redress for a mis-sold NatWest Advantage Gold Account, the account remained the packaged account and we were informed we would have to call separately to then change it to a fee-free account.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
    • nelly08
    • By nelly08 20th Sep 17, 9:23 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nelly08
    i used the plevine tool to claim fees on a co-op bank account. they have said there was no ppi. the account was a packaged account that i had to have to get an overdraft. are they just trying to fob me off and should i try again? thanks for any advice.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 20th Sep 17, 9:32 PM
    • 89,597 Posts
    • 56,075 Thanks
    dunstonh
    i used the plevine tool to claim fees on a co-op bank account. they have said there was no ppi. the account was a packaged account that i had to have to get an overdraft. are they just trying to fob me off and should i try again? thanks for any advice.
    Originally posted by nelly08
    Plevin cannot apply to current accounts.

You neither had PPI (which is not unexpected on a current account as very few did) and Plevin has nothing to do with current accounts.
    • nelly08
    • By nelly08 20th Sep 17, 9:40 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nelly08
    so i cant claim anything back? i followed the advice on mse re package current accounts which said they could be claimed back. not sure what to do now.
    Last edited by nelly08; 20-09-2017 at 9:53 PM. Reason: missed info
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 20th Sep 17, 9:55 PM
    • 18,746 Posts
    • 9,990 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    so i cant claim anything back?
    No. You can't "claim back " something you never paid in the first place.You complained about PPI, but didn't have it.
    • nelly08
    • By nelly08 20th Sep 17, 10:07 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nelly08
    i wanted an overdraft and the only choice i had was to take a packaged account with a monthly fee. none of the "benefits" were of any use to me but that was the only option i was given. i have been told that they are part of this claiming ppi back.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 20th Sep 17, 10:08 PM
    • 89,597 Posts
    • 56,075 Thanks
    dunstonh
    so i cant claim anything back? i followed the advice on mse re package current accounts which said they could be claimed back. not sure what to do now.
    There is nothing in the PBA guide that mentions plevin. And PBAs are very different to PPI.

What is it that you are trying to complain about? It sounds like you are mixing several different things up.
    • nelly08
    • By nelly08 20th Sep 17, 10:13 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nelly08
    the monthly package fees on the account i was forced to take to get an overdraft.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 20th Sep 17, 10:19 PM
    • 7,113 Posts
    • 5,112 Thanks
    -taff
    Then you make a complaint about packaged bank account fees, not PPI, and not Plevin.
    • nelly08
    • By nelly08 20th Sep 17, 10:20 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nelly08
    is there a tool to help with that on mse?
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 20th Sep 17, 10:22 PM
    • 18,746 Posts
    • 9,990 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    is there a tool to help with that on mse?
    Just complain direct, but miss out any references to Plevin or PPI.
    • loopylass30
    • By loopylass30 4th Oct 17, 10:18 AM
    • 921 Posts
    • 959 Thanks
    loopylass30
    Packaged account
    I filled in the form online last night and already this morning Halifax have sent me two txts saying they have received my complaint and will ring me, they've also rang me twice, do I need to speak to them about this, I read somewhere that I shouldn't speak to them.

Can anyone advise me on this please.

Thanks,
    Wendy.
    £2 coin savers club = £118
    20p saver club = £275.80 yippeeeee
    • zx81
    • By zx81 4th Oct 17, 10:27 AM
    • 14,133 Posts
    • 14,819 Thanks
    zx81
    You need to speak to them if you want your complaint to be investigated.

They can't help you if you refuse to provide the information they need.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 4th Oct 17, 10:31 AM
    • 89,597 Posts
    • 56,075 Thanks
    dunstonh
    I read somewhere that I shouldn't speak to them.
    If they have found no areas of wrongdoing and are ringing you to ask questions to see if there is information you may have to help your case, then not speaking to them would be daft.

Anyone that has told you not to speak to them does not know how the complaints process works.
    • loopylass30
    • By loopylass30 4th Oct 17, 12:13 PM
    • 921 Posts
    • 959 Thanks
    loopylass30
    Thank you both for the fast reply, I've rang then back but my case worker is busy, they area ringing me back later.

Wendy x
    £2 coin savers club = £118
    20p saver club = £275.80 yippeeeee
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,007Posts Today

7,636Users online

Martin's Twitter