Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • harp17
    • By harp17 22nd Aug 17, 11:43 AM
    • 12Posts
    • 5Thanks
    harp17
    Letter after LBC Wright Hassall
    • 22nd Aug 17, 11:43 AM
    Letter after LBC Wright Hassall 22nd Aug 17 at 11:43 AM
    Hi All, I recently responded to a LBC from Wright Hassall - using the info from the Newbies thread (cheers!) I left the letter fairly vague with no info on how they had "failed to comply with PD" Do I now respond with what I need them to supply eg the basis on which the claim is made a clear summary of the facts on which the claim is based....if financial loss is claimed, an explanation of how the amount has been calculated? Only I just noticed a thread with 'wright hasall cathartic' and wondered whether i needed to do this in it place?
Page 2
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 13th Sep 17, 2:28 PM
    • 5,987 Posts
    • 7,706 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Any advice on how to proceed or just sit it out until David @ DVLA comes back
    Originally posted by harp17
    Little more you can do right now, wait for Dunford
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 13th Sep 17, 2:30 PM
    • 32,809 Posts
    • 16,840 Thanks
    Quentin
    The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you.

You need to edit the photo you have linked to and remove the details they can use to identify you
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 13th Sep 17, 3:25 PM
    • 1,080 Posts
    • 1,885 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    [IMG]hxxp://ibb.co/dcX7mv[/IMG]

Hope this works

Lol, there is no "Annex B" to the Practice Direction - Pre-Action Conduct. What are they talking about? (their used to be annexes to it, but not for a long time). They cannot claim to have complied with something which DOESN'T EXIST!
    • harp17
    • By harp17 19th Sep 17, 2:46 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    harp17
    Ok People....updates..
    1 - no news from David @ DVLA.
    2 - New debt collection letter from MIL Collections rather than ZZPS? Would it be right to assume that ZZPS have sold on the debt? If that is the case, surely the LBC letter that has been sent from WH solicitors is defunct?
    Thanks in advance : )
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 19th Sep 17, 3:23 PM
    • 5,987 Posts
    • 7,706 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Ok People....updates..
    1 - no news from David @ DVLA.
    2 - New debt collection letter from MIL Collections rather than ZZPS? Would it be right to assume that ZZPS have sold on the debt? If that is the case, surely the LBC letter that has been sent from WH solicitors is defunct?
    Thanks in advance : )
    Looks like the monkeys are back in the trees again throwing
    conkers at David Dunford

The debt does not belong to ZZPS, they are only debt collectors
    acting for, or trying to act for the PPC

Amazed to see MIL at it again after their antics were exposed
    by the DVLA

DVLA confirm massive data protection breach to MIL Collections

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/dvla-confirm-massive-data-protection.html

Chase up David Dunford and advise him of this.

At this stage we can only assume that MIL are playing
    their silly games again but ONLY as a debt collectors
    which just like ZZPS and DRP YOU IGNORE
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 19th Sep 17, 3:29 PM
    • 14,636 Posts
    • 23,028 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    If MIL are involved (after a period of keeping their head down), be alert for one of their LBC/LBA/LBCCC or court papers issued in their name.

Come back if you get one of the above.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Sep 17, 11:35 PM
    • 50,173 Posts
    • 63,550 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Re the MIL letter...are you certain it relates to the same parking charge? Have you never been sent a purported 'notice of assignment'?

I would write back to WH as well:

Dear Sirs,

FTAO - Tim Hawker - re your ref xxxxxxxxx (Local Parking Security/ZZPS/PCN xxxxxxx)

With reference to your recent letter, the contents of which are noted.

Before I send a copy to the SRA with a formal complaint about your firm's conduct, perhaps you could explain:

- how your communications can be in accordance with "Annex B" to the Practice Direction - Pre-Action Conduct, when this does not exist? I will be interested in your reply and explanation about how this does not mislead a consumer, an unrepresented litigant in person.

- why your communications directly and significantly conflict with those from your client?

You say ''we are unable to refer your request to our client to issue a POPLA code'' because you say I did not appeal within the ''correct timeframe''. However, at the same time as your letters of unwarranted harassment were arriving, I made a formal complaint to the British Parking Association about the lack of a POPLA code following my earlier appeal, (complaint ref BPA-11904) who replied thus:

''We have contacted the operator who have advised that an appeal rejection letter (containing a POPLA verification Code) was issued to you on 18th march 2017. The operator have provided a copy of this correspondence, which I have attached for your reference.''

And LPS, in their infinite wisdom when scurrying to brush the BPA complaint under the carpet, have mocked up a letter purportedly posted in March, with my address on it. However, your clients have been so sloppy as to leave the original salutation on the letter they used to 'create' my purported letter, such that it starts ''Dear Maria Mannan''. I do not know any Maria Mannan but it seems to me she was a March victim who never used her POPLA code, which has now been painted as if it was mine.

In view of the above, are you still ''happy'' that Wright Hassall has not misled any party?

And are the clients LPS still ''happy'' as to their communications and conduct in this case?

Are ZZPS ''happy'' with their conduct too? I would be less than pleased, in your position.

As the letters from Wright Hassall were issued in your name, I take it that you personally take responsibility for the contents? As you appear to be conducting the case and asserting Wright Hassall are authorised to act for the client, yet you are not yourself legally qualified, who is your supervising Solicitor in this instance?

Finally, when replying, kindly explain why my data was been passed to MIL Collections, a notorious firm infamous for sending misleading communications suggesting they have 'purchased' parking debts. Who shared my data with MIL, and on whose authority? Why have I not received a formal letter of assignment and why has your client wantonly disregarded the KADOE rules in respect of the DVLA data-sharing restrictions?

I have copied this to the DVLA, who are already investigating the chain of events in this case, and the BPA who I ask to swiftly investigate with more tenacity than demonstrated thus far, the mock-up letter with the unused ''Ms Mannan'' POPLA code, created by your client recently and never in fact posted to me in March, or at all. The letter is very clearly a false instrument, and your confirmation that no POPLA code was issued to me, will assist to expose the truth of the matter, which I don't expect will escape Mr Dunford (DVLA) or Mr Clark (BPA).

I believe it is reasonable to expect your substantive reply within 14 days of this letter.

yours faithfully,

(your name)

attached:

Wright Hassall Letter re 'Annex B' and 'no POPLA code issued'
    BPA email reply
    LPC's mock-up letter, leaving the old salutation of ''Ms Mannan''
    MIL letter

copy to:

david.dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk

and

steve.c@britishparking.co.uk

Last edited by Coupon-mad; 20-09-2017 at 12:22 AM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 20th Sep 17, 10:01 AM
    • 510 Posts
    • 607 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Love it!

OP - send exactly as written. You MUST chase up on the BPA and DVLA as well, as this i s disgraceful

What EXACTLY does the MIL letter say? does it say they are debt collecting, or they now own or have purchased the debt?
    • harp17
    • By harp17 20th Sep 17, 2:58 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    harp17
    I have chased up David @ DVLA - no response as yet
    The link to the MIL letter is below
    hxxp://ibb.co/dZDMOk
    I will send on Coupon-Mad letter this evening - never received a 'notice of assignment'
    Cheers
    • harp17
    • By harp17 20th Sep 17, 3:18 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    harp17
    HTTP Link
    I have attached the 'dead link' below - if someone would be so kind to 'make it live' please
    • safarmuk
    • By safarmuk 20th Sep 17, 3:21 PM
    • 480 Posts
    • 885 Thanks
    safarmuk
    No sooner asked than done!
    http://ibb.co/dZDMOk
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Sep 17, 12:18 AM
    • 50,173 Posts
    • 63,550 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    No sooner asked than done!
    http://ibb.co/dZDMOk
    Originally posted by safarmuk
    OK so they are acting as 'debt collectors' and have not said they have assigned the 'debt' but still send that email to Steve Clark, David Dunford and Wright Hassall, with the attachments mentioned.

And then wait. Don't just chase up David Dunford, send that complaint as drafted, to all three parties.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,147Posts Today

8,116Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @KCMurdarasi: @MartinSLewis Only 2 fluently, but I can struggle by in another 5 or so. And ask the way to the toilet in about 10 - you d?

• Today's twitter poll: How many languages do you speak (inc Eng) with reasonable fluency (eg can have decent phone chat solely in that lang)

• RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• Follow Martin