Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • harp17
    • By harp17 22nd Aug 17, 11:43 AM
    • 14Posts
    • 6Thanks
    harp17
    Letter after LBC Wright Hassall
    • 22nd Aug 17, 11:43 AM
    Letter after LBC Wright Hassall 22nd Aug 17 at 11:43 AM
    Hi All, I recently responded to a LBC from Wright Hassall - using the info from the Newbies thread (cheers!) I left the letter fairly vague with no info on how they had "failed to comply with PD" Do I now respond with what I need them to supply eg the basis on which the claim is made a clear summary of the facts on which the claim is based....if financial loss is claimed, an explanation of how the amount has been calculated? Only I just noticed a thread with 'wright hasall cathartic' and wondered whether i needed to do this in it place?
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 22nd Aug 17, 2:03 PM
    • 16,579 Posts
    • 20,739 Thanks
    Redx
    • 22nd Aug 17, 2:03 PM
    • 22nd Aug 17, 2:03 PM
    its probably a good idea to send WH that cathartic letter , if responding to their LBC

ie:- follow the herd , do what they do or have done
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Aug 17, 10:16 PM
    • 51,582 Posts
    • 65,206 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 22nd Aug 17, 10:16 PM
    • 22nd Aug 17, 10:16 PM
    if financial loss is claimed...
    No-one says to ask that question. Never talk about 'no loss' re a private PCN.

But yes you can make that complaint-style response Johnersh wrote, it is far better than a vague one.

Come back if you end up getting a claim because we assist people from start to finish and have 99% win rate reported here, where people have stuck around and been assisted right up to the hearing.
    • harp17
    • By harp17 29th Aug 17, 9:54 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    harp17
    • 29th Aug 17, 9:54 AM
    • 29th Aug 17, 9:54 AM
    Many thanks to you both, ''Johnersh' letter going out today. Coupon-mad - I will indeed come back, im ready for a fight : )
    • harp17
    • By harp17 5th Sep 17, 10:00 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    harp17
    • 5th Sep 17, 10:00 AM
    • 5th Sep 17, 10:00 AM
    Morning! As part of this ongoing saga, I contact BPA to complain that Local Car Park Management never directed me to the 'proper' appeals process eg POPLA. BPA have come back to me today, with the following response - along with an attachment of a letter that was apparently sent to me (I did not receive this letter!!!) and although addressed correctly, says Dear Maria Mannan - know idea who this person is  

BPA-11904 
    Good afternoon, 
    Thank you for your patience while we looked into your enquiry. 
    We have contacted the operator who have advised that an appeal rejection letter (containing a POPLA verification Code) was issued to you on 18th march 2017. The operator have provided a copy of this correspondence, which I have attached for your reference. 
    While we note you advise you did not receive a copy of the appeal outcome, we are unfortunately unable to ascertain whether mail (or an email) has or has not been sent or received by either party. As it is not currently a requirement of the Code that the operator sends mail using recorded delivery (or requests a delivery receipt for an email), we cannot advise there to be a breach of the Code. 
    As per the above, we are unable to assist you further and have therefore closed this case. 

How can I prove I never received this letter? Any help would be gratefully received 
    PS - sent the Johnersh style letter to Wright Hassall last week to both the Managing Partner and "Tim Hawker" I am still awaiting a response 

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 5th Sep 17, 10:07 AM
    • 15,574 Posts
    • 24,324 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 5th Sep 17, 10:07 AM
    • 5th Sep 17, 10:07 AM
    I'd go back to the BPA and show them that the supposed letter was addressed to the wrong person (Maria Mannan) who does not live at your address.

As it was not addressed to you, you would have done a 'Return to Sender' as it was clearly not a letter for you. Point out that if the PPC's admin processes are so obviously poor why are the BPA not supporting your position in this.

Copy everything to David Dunford if the DVLA and ask that he has this investigated.

david.dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 5th Sep 17, 10:29 AM
    • 6,353 Posts
    • 8,166 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 5th Sep 17, 10:29 AM
    • 5th Sep 17, 10:29 AM
    The BPA is now hitting rock bottom ?

As we now know, the government were blinded by the BPA
    so called code of practice regarding POFA 2012.
    In other words a complete shambles, hence next year
    the government will provide the CoP

Providing proof to the BPA does NOT prove the same was sent
    to you

This IS where over the last 5 years the BPA have proved
    themselves to be totally useless and in latter times have dragged
    themselves into the gutter and act like the IPC

They cannot provide proof they sent it to you as much as
    you cannot prove you did not receive it.

The BPA get out clause being .

"As it is not currently a requirement of the Code that
    the operator sends mail using recorded delivery"

So, PPC prove that the letter was sent and received

The BPA is a seriously a defunct organisation now
    Last edited by beamerguy; 05-09-2017 at 10:34 AM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Johnersh
    • By Johnersh 5th Sep 17, 11:35 PM
    • 657 Posts
    • 1,267 Thanks
    Johnersh
    • 5th Sep 17, 11:35 PM
    • 5th Sep 17, 11:35 PM
    PS - sent the Johnersh style letter to Wright Hassall last week to both the Managing Partner and "Tim Hawker" I am still awaiting a response 
    I believe that there is now a template letter of reply to this now (oh, the irony). I still believe the letter is deficient. Entirely up to you whether you pursue that point further.
    • harp17
    • By harp17 6th Sep 17, 9:16 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    harp17
    • 6th Sep 17, 9:16 AM
    • 6th Sep 17, 9:16 AM
    Thanks Johnersh - do you have a link for this? Just in case?
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 6th Sep 17, 9:18 AM
    • 7,386 Posts
    • 6,429 Thanks
    The Deep
    If it went before a judge I am sure that he would prefer the word of an upright citizen over that of a scamming PPC.

ou cannot prove that you did not receive the letter, only that you did, but why should you need to, your word should be sufficient.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 6th Sep 17, 9:22 AM
    • 6,353 Posts
    • 8,166 Thanks
    beamerguy
    "PS - sent the Johnersh style letter to Wright Hassall last week to both the Managing Partner and "Tim Hawker" I am still awaiting a response"

Be interesting to see the replies if they ever bother

Scammers find it very difficult to handle the truth

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • harp17
    • By harp17 6th Sep 17, 9:24 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    harp17
    Umkomaas - I never recieved the letter, the BPA sending it to me via email was the first time I set eyes on it....however it was addressed to me (at the top left hand side) and the details of the 'ticket' are correct its just the Saluation that has the incorrect name (Dear Maria.....) Do you think that is sufficient enough to send to DVLA?
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 6th Sep 17, 9:56 AM
    • 6,353 Posts
    • 8,166 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Umkomaas - I never recieved the letter, the BPA sending it to me via email was the first time I set eyes on it....however it was addressed to me (at the top left hand side) and the details of the 'ticket' are correct its just the Saluation that has the incorrect name (Dear Maria.....) Do you think that is sufficient enough to send to DVLA?
    Originally posted by harp17
    Of course, keep David Dunford busy, it's his job

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Sep 17, 8:12 PM
    • 51,582 Posts
    • 65,206 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Originally posted by harp17
    I would send it to David Dunford, and suggest it's clear evidence that the PPC has allegedly (badly and sloppily) falsified a letter that was never sent to you, by quickly changing the name and address from one they did around that time, and forgot to change the salutation.
    • harp17
    • By harp17 12th Sep 17, 2:42 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    harp17
    Hi Everyone. just had a call from David Dunford, he is going to investigate - I will update  

Also 

I have received a response to the Johnersh Style letter I sent to Managing partner and Tim Hawker at WH solictors.  

How to I share it with you?

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Sep 17, 3:04 PM
    • 15,574 Posts
    • 24,324 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Host it on TinyPic or Dropbox (not Photobucket), copy the URL then paste it here as a 'dead' link by changing http to hxxp. We'll convert it. Newbies can't post live links until they've got a number of posts under their belt.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • harp17
    • By harp17 12th Sep 17, 3:13 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    harp17
    Hope this works
    Last edited by harp17; 19-09-2017 at 2:48 PM.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Sep 17, 3:17 PM
    • 15,574 Posts
    • 24,324 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    http://ibb.co/dcX7mv

• beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 12th Sep 17, 3:31 PM
    • 6,353 Posts
    • 8,166 Thanks
    beamerguy
    OMG, another Tim Hawker load of rubbish

ZZPS instructing ZZPS

When will these animals catch on they have been sussed

Let's see what Dunford has to say

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • harp17
    • By harp17 13th Sep 17, 2:23 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    harp17
    Any advice on how to proceed or just sit it out until David @ DVLA comes back
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,191Posts Today

6,785Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin