Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SamsReturn
    • By SamsReturn 22nd Aug 17, 10:37 AM
    • 1,052Posts
    • 1,868Thanks
    SamsReturn
    Great British Bake Off.
    • 22nd Aug 17, 10:37 AM
    Great British Bake Off. 22nd Aug 17 at 10:37 AM
    Were you a fan of Bske Off, it was one of BBCs most successful programmes, and now it's ready to return. But on C4. Will you still be watching it every week, or do you think the loss of some of the presenters, and the fact that there'll be breaks for adverts, spoil it. Didn't C4 pay a lot of money for it, then they must think it's going to work, even if they do get less viewers.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41003075
    I don't think i ever watched it, i saw clips when it was getting advertised.
Page 2
    • SamsReturn
    • By SamsReturn 30th Aug 17, 7:34 PM
    • 1,052 Posts
    • 1,868 Thanks
    SamsReturn
    I thought the scones i made were ok, i didn't think they were that hard. That was until Donald Trump offered to buy them, he said he'd use them as bombs to drop on Nth Korea.
    • hunters
    • By hunters 30th Aug 17, 7:35 PM
    • 629 Posts
    • 1,813 Thanks
    hunters
    so glad that Jo Brand will be continuing with An Extra Slice
    Originally posted by Chris25
    I agree, loved An Extra Slice
    • SamsReturn
    • By SamsReturn 3rd Sep 17, 6:43 PM
    • 1,052 Posts
    • 1,868 Thanks
    SamsReturn
    I think that was the first time i've ever watched Bake Off. I never saw the other one on Bbc. Only had that on 'cos i was washing dishes in the kitchen and there was nothing else to watch.
    But some of those cakes that didn't look like cakes, were fabulous. Even the couple that wasn't very good, were much better than i could do.
    • pipkin71
    • By pipkin71 3rd Sep 17, 8:19 PM
    • 18,840 Posts
    • 82,729 Thanks
    pipkin71
    I quite enjoyed it and will be watching again next week. It was just as enjoyable as when it was on the BBC, which I was pleased about
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
    • iammumtoone
    • By iammumtoone 3rd Sep 17, 8:59 PM
    • 4,839 Posts
    • 9,996 Thanks
    iammumtoone
    I liked it, those illusion cakes were amazing.

I preferred Sandy and Noel I thought they worked really well together. I liked Pru about the same as Mary. That just leaves Paul who I never liked anyway (wish they had changed him).

I didn't mind the adverts they were placed at the right intervals and it gave me chance to get a cup of tea (next week I will get some cake in ready )

I will carry on watching but to be honest I think the show is getting towards its sell by date now anyway. None of these types of shows go on forever.
    • LandyAndy
    • By LandyAndy 4th Sep 17, 11:14 AM
    • 23,831 Posts
    • 50,479 Thanks
    LandyAndy
    I've been an avid watcher for years. I watched it last week and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'll definitely be watching the series.

Meanwhile the BBC's new effort 'The Big Family Cooking Showdown' is distinctly underwhelming.
    • Meg x
    • By Meg x 8th Sep 17, 7:06 AM
    • 1,846 Posts
    • 2,010 Thanks
    Meg x
    I was never a fan of Sandi Toksvig, but I've changed my opinion - she's really good on Bake off, and I've always loved Noel Fielding...they make a great team and bounce off each other...Pru Leith has slipped very well into Mary Berry's shoes and is also very good...and Paul? well, he's still very good eye candy..lol
    ''Embrace the glorious mess that you are''

Elizabeth Gilbert

''The world is made of faith, trust, and pixie dust''
    J.M. Barrie
    • Murphybear
    • By Murphybear 8th Sep 17, 1:11 PM
    • 3,173 Posts
    • 6,578 Thanks
    Murphybear
    I get my cakes from Greggs. Waste of time baking them yourself imo.
    Originally posted by Topcat123
    Why would getting a vastly superior product be a waste of time?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

268Posts Today

1,329Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin