Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JAL0847
    • By JAL0847 21st Aug 17, 12:53 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    JAL0847
    Capital One application
    • 21st Aug 17, 12:53 PM
    Capital One application 21st Aug 17 at 12:53 PM
    Hello, this is my first time posting so I hope you can help me please?.

Yesterday evening I applied for a Capital One credit card using the eligibility checker and was accepted with a credit limit over £1000, there was three ticks and I signed the credit agreement on-line.

This morning I received a text from Capital One thanking me for my application and my reference number is XXXX,we will contact you again no later then the XX/08/2017.

Is this normal or is it anything to worry about?, after I had applied my application was confirmed as accepted,confirming the credit limit and also confirming my card is on it's way so I presumed that everything was okay with my application.

Many Thanks.
Page 1
    • cap7
    • By cap7 21st Aug 17, 2:40 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    cap7
    • 21st Aug 17, 2:40 PM
    • 21st Aug 17, 2:40 PM
    Hello,

When I applied for my Capital One card I too received the same text, I then received the card in the post within the next 3 working days.

It is completely normal practice and you will receive your card and application log in instructions soon.
    • JAL0847
    • By JAL0847 23rd Aug 17, 12:12 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JAL0847
    • 23rd Aug 17, 12:12 PM
    • 23rd Aug 17, 12:12 PM
    Well, I have just phoned Capital One for a update and was told that my application is still in 'final stages/final checks' and that I will receive a letter confirming their decision and then if successful I will receive my pin etc.

I mentioned to the agent that I had used the eligibility checker and then submitted my application which was successful,confirming my credit limit and that my card was on it's way, but the agent told me that the offer was only a provisional offer???

I'm really confused about this, has anybody had the same experience?, it just seems a bit misleading when you complete the application on-line, receive instant acceptance then only to be told that the offer is only provisional.
    Last edited by JAL0847; 23-08-2017 at 12:55 PM.
    • pbishop64
    • By pbishop64 5th Oct 17, 12:48 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    pbishop64
    • 5th Oct 17, 12:48 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 12:48 PM
    i've had the exact same thing! not sure if i was accepted however i even set up a direct debit
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,157Posts Today

8,210Users online

Martin's Twitter