IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Britannia PCN Appeal

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yep, it is intended to always follow a point about 'no keeper liability'.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • GSHopper
    Options
    This is the draft of my appeal. Any comments gratefully received!

"I am writing to you as the registered keeper and would be grateful if you would please consider my appeal for the following reasons.

1. Letter from Britannia Parking attached photos of the vehicle but it does not show the registration number.
    2. As indicated in my letter to Britannia Parking, my daughter was attending to her baby who was unwell, and she was also breastfeeding at the time. My appeal to Britannia was to ask for understanding, and not to be discriminated against on this occasion."

Then I have included the paragraphs about NTK, Landowner, and signage....
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Yes, with those 5 points it should win.
  • GSHopper
    Options
    I have now received Britannia's response to my appeal. POPLA has advised that I have 7 days to comment if I wish to.
    Britannia has sent lots of extra photos of the car park, including the notices for blue badge holders which of course do not apply to me.
    Interestingly, Britannia has included the NTK in with their documents which I have not actually received from them.
    They have also attached a redacted landowner's agreement.
    Should I make any further comments?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    yes, you should point out anything you find in their evidence pack that is in your favour

redacted contracts
    unsigned contracts
    past their "sell by" date , so out of date
    signage issues
    photo issues
    any NTK issues
    BPA CoP failures
    POFA2012 failures

besically , pick apart their evidence pack and highlight anything they fail on that bolsters your own appeal

see previous POPLA REBUTTALS on here to see what others have written too

ie:- this is your chance to comment on their evidence pack (this is the first time you have seen it), they have already commented on your defence
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Interestingly, Britannia has included the NTK in with their documents which I have not actually received from them.

If you right click on the NTK, can you see when that document was edited/created? I wonder if it's mocked up.
    Should I make any further comments?
    ALWAYS comment briefly on all holes you see within the evidence (dates on signage photos, date on landowner document, redacted contract, no name of landowner/unreadable signatures etc).
  • GSHopper
    GSHopper Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Couldn't see if the NTK was a mock up. It was dated 8/8/17 which was two and half weeks after my initial letter to them.
    The redacted Landowners authority is dated 15 Jan2016. The name has been blanked out. Is the authority the agreement?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    The redacted Landowners authority is dated 15 Jan2016. The name has been blanked out. Is the authority the agreement?

Yes, pick on that and say in your comments to POPLA, urgently, that the signatory is redacted so it's not evidenced that the landowner has authorised the regime, and there is no expiry date for the 'service' which initially in most cases expires after 12 months.

Also state that:

Whilst no NTK was in fact ever served, the version they've shown/mocked up for POPLA is non-POFA anyway. Explain why (the 28 days period in the warning about 'keeper liability' is almost certainly NOT what Schedule 4 says in 8(2)f - you can check for yourself). As such, the keeper - who was not the driver - cannot be held liable.

And add that Britannia Parking's photos of the vehicle do not show the registration number (if that is still true, from the evidence).

And that the signage evidence doesn't show that full terms were readable near the car.
  • GSHopper
    GSHopper Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry but despite all the help I got, I am afraid my POPLA appeal was unsuccessful :(
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Can you post up the assessors reasoning please?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure