Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CountryKerry
    • By CountryKerry 20th Aug 17, 2:12 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 23Thanks
    CountryKerry
    Appeal can't be looked at until driver is named
    • 20th Aug 17, 2:12 PM
    Appeal can't be looked at until driver is named 20th Aug 17 at 2:12 PM
    Hey there,

Just a quick question about P4 Parking. A windscreen PCN was placed on my car on 8/7/17. My car was parked in a bay and the driver was sourcing a visitors permit from the flat being visited (as dictated by the landowner).

Anyhow, ticket issued. An online appeal was sent in by myself as registered keeper on day 27 (3/8/17). It followed a template from this forum (so thank you) and made note that the driver had been parked for two minutes, and was actually getting the visitors permit to place in the vehicle at the time.

On 16/8/17 I received an email (just seen today as it went to the spam folder) stating they; "cannot accept the appeal sent in as the driver's identity was not provided". The letter then states, in bold (angry!), "According to BPA, section 9.2, the driver must USE THE APPEALS PROCEDURES IN AN HONEST WAY".

It then follows on; "if we have not been informed of the drivers details within seven days we will not accept your appeal and pursue you for the full charge".

So where do I stand? They will not accept my appeals (and thus grant me a Popla code) until I tell them the driver... . Should I do anything or just shred their letters on arrival?
    Last edited by CountryKerry; 20-08-2017 at 2:56 PM.
Page 3
    • CountryKerry
    • By CountryKerry 20th Sep 17, 8:08 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    CountryKerry
    By way of an update on the matter; P4 Parking have cancelled the ticket! Quite a shock to be honest.

I am rather thankful for them closing it if I'll be honest - the thought of dragging this through the courts and POPLA would be a headache! "... Further to your multiple concerns P4 Parking consider the matter closed. Your penalty charge has been waived as a gesture of goodwill".

I wonder if this has anything to do with Steve Clark from the BPA sending them an email? Or the landowner getting in contact, shocked that they're not giving people the right to appeal? Or maybe it was the recording of the call I played to the landowner, who as pretty peeved off to hear such threats on the phone.

...but... either way, it's not closed. Not closed at all. Whilst the ticket is cancelled, they have done a great job at annoying me, threatening me, and I will not give in in my pursuit of their destruction. They will pay me compensation for this, and I will fight during my spare time to have them shut down as a company.

I can't thank you all enough for your help. You have been such a valuable resource and I will continue to participate where I can in these forums. Thank you!
    • Redx
    • By Redx 20th Sep 17, 8:14 PM
    • 16,938 Posts
    • 21,077 Thanks
    Redx
    and they called it a "penalty charge" too ?

look into a DPA breach claim, plenty of info on here about it

well done and good luck
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Lamilad
    • By Lamilad 20th Sep 17, 8:20 PM
    • 1,201 Posts
    • 2,387 Thanks
    Lamilad
    I will not give in in my pursuit of their destruction.
    and we will help..... Well done!
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 20th Sep 17, 8:28 PM
    • 2,394 Posts
    • 2,918 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    well done

now

time to do your bit

this is a copy of a post by Bargepole ....

"Some action at last:

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/2017-19/parkingcodeofpractice.html

This Private Member's Bill has Government and cross-party support, and stands a good chance of making it into statute.

The full text of the clauses will be published nearer the date of the second reading, but my sources tell me it's something we should support.

Now would be a good time to write to your MP urging them to support it."

let here know that there have been many complaints about this car park scam

he/ she may well help intervene

good luck

Ralph
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 20th Sep 17, 8:59 PM
    • 15,962 Posts
    • 24,778 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I am rather thankful for them closing it if I'll be honest
    Tell me you're taking the p|ss. Thankful to a PPC who, without our help, would have likely taken you to the cleaners?

I wonder if this has anything to do with Steve Clark from the BPA
    It is without doubt the fact that Steve Clarke, who's always been a decent employee of the BPA (he'd be a real bonus to an employer offering a real job!), has been sniffing around.

Your penalty charge has been waived as a gesture of goodwill".
    Not a 'penalty' charge and certainly not any 'gesture of goodwill', more often than not a gesture of frustration that they've been caught out!

but... either way, it's not closed. Not closed at all. Whilst the ticket is cancelled, they have done a great job at annoying me, threatening me, and I will not give in in my pursuit of their destruction. They will pay me compensation for this, and I will fight during my spare time to have them shut down as a company.
    Money where your mouth is time. We'll put the effort in if you will, but there have been so many keyboard warriors promising hellfire and damnation to the PPC network, you will forgive me if I'm being rather sceptical.

Prove me wrong!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 20th Sep 17, 9:13 PM
    • 6,483 Posts
    • 8,316 Thanks
    beamerguy
    CountryKerry

I congratulate you on your attack against these Scammers

I doubt Steve Clark has much to do with this, the BPA take
    subs from scammers and so supports them, much like
    the IPC / Gladstones utter rubbish.

Mind you as Clark knows about coupon-mad, he must read this
    forum so now has an opportunity to tell us how amazing
    he is ......

"no comment says Clark" ??
    The BPA is the biggest load of junk since they invented the square wheel ?

No doubt the landowner has given P4 a warning

The best way you can attack these scammers is help
    on this forum,
    Last edited by beamerguy; 20-09-2017 at 9:18 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • safarmuk
    • By safarmuk 21st Sep 17, 12:43 PM
    • 613 Posts
    • 1,125 Thanks
    safarmuk
    I will not give in in my pursuit of their destruction.
    ”and we will help..... Well done!
    CountryKerry - your best chance of achieving this is to stay on this forum and use this thread to let us know what you are doing so we can continue to help and advise. There are others out there like you who are trying to resolve Residential Parking problems such as yours and how the PPCs behave in these situations.

If you are going to take action, you must do it in the correct way or you will come unstuck (just as the PPCs do) and your action will fail ... people here can take what you want to do and help you shape and execute it in the right way - calmly, correctly and clinically. You have at your disposal an enormous free resource - I advise you to avail of it and take it's council to achieve the outcomes you want.
    • CountryKerry
    • By CountryKerry 1st Oct 17, 8:58 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    CountryKerry
    So a slightly worrying update to the issue.

For those out of the loop - P4 Parking cancelled the ticket on 21/09/17. Received an email letter from them confirming my ticket was cancelled on this date. I also received an email from the land owner saying the ticket was cancelled - beneath it was communication with P4Parking and it is because they did not allow any grace period!

Anyhow. Just got back from a weekend away and have a letter dated 28/09/17 from TNC debt services saying I owe them £100.00! I believe I now have a case for harassment.

This is all very interesting because I moved into my new new address on 21/09/17. I sent the V5 to the DVLA on the 20th via. First class so they must have requested my information after the ticket was cancelled. Not giving up on this!
    • Redx
    • By Redx 1st Oct 17, 9:06 PM
    • 16,938 Posts
    • 21,077 Thanks
    Redx
    report them to the BPA by email and attach copies of the cancellations plus a copy of this latest sc@mmers letter too

plus contact the DVLA and ask when your details were accessed , and by whom
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 2nd Oct 17, 12:12 AM
    • 51,886 Posts
    • 65,532 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    So a slightly worrying update to the issue.

For those out of the loop - P4 Parking cancelled the ticket on 21/09/17. Received an email letter from them confirming my ticket was cancelled on this date. I also received an email from the land owner saying the ticket was cancelled - beneath it was communication with P4Parking and it is because they did not allow any grace period!

Anyhow. Just got back from a weekend away and have a letter dated 28/09/17 from TNC debt services saying I owe them £100.00! I believe I now have a case for harassment.

This is all very interesting because I moved into my new new address on 21/09/17. I sent the V5 to the DVLA on the 20th via. First class so they must have requested my information after the ticket was cancelled. Not giving up on this!
    Originally posted by CountryKerry
    Indeed it seems you do, and against P4Parking for sharing your data and misusing it!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• safarmuk
    • By safarmuk 2nd Oct 17, 11:12 AM
    • 613 Posts
    • 1,125 Thanks
    safarmuk

I agree, you have a case to cause them some problems at least. As I said before now is the time to be clinical, do not give your hand away, gather all the relevant information and then make your complaints.

Follow the advice above:
    1) Find out from the DVLA when your data was accessed
    2) Draft a complaint email to the BPA (you can post it here for review if you like)
    3) Build the timeline based on the evidence gathered into essentially a proof that the DPA was breached here and then you can construct your LBC (if that's the way you want to go).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

221Posts Today

1,265Users online

Martin's Twitter