Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dziugaso
    • By dziugaso 17th Aug 17, 9:42 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 3Thanks
    dziugaso
    I missed the date to response to Claim Form
    • 17th Aug 17, 9:42 PM
    I missed the date to response to Claim Form 17th Aug 17 at 9:42 PM
    Hello
    I have ticked for private parking but i just throw away it on the location it was issued and was sure they won't be able to send notice to car keeper. And parking company [ UK Car park management limited] failed to send any notice to my address, but I was flooded with letters from DRP. All were ignored.
    I have done a picture of car parking with tiny notice board on a left side to the entry as it is on opposite side of driver,so you can easily miss it by entry at rainy night time. and have a picture of the sign.
    FAnaly, after few mounts Gladstones sent me few letters. I responded to the second as a copied sample from this forum that they fail to do this claim in righ way. In a response they sent after 2 weeks letter before claim..and after a claim form.

I Need help how to defend me after Claim Form and acknowledgment is done, but a data to response nearly is gone ! or likely i already missed it[form was issued 11JUL] I did acknowledgment on line but didn't get any confirmation email with final date to respond. And now even can not get log in moneyclaim.gov website
    I was so busy and upset cos this form was issued that I ignored to do any actions, pushing it to deal later.. and i come across this forum for help .
    1.so, If can I still try to send defence if a date is passed? I was considering to make an offer them to pay part [£30-50] of £242 to make easier to rid off of this problem, cos I got language barrier.
    2.I'm on debt management plan for few years now and just last month made IVA [indvidual voluntary agreement for 6yars ] my credit history is mess up in any way. So, I legally dont have any spare amount to pay all but can afford max £50
    3. How court can force me to pay all if I'm in a dept management plan ? it=f that fact can impact court solution?

Thank you for any advice!
Page 2
    • dziugaso
    • By dziugaso 20th Aug 17, 7:16 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    dziugaso
    I have sent it to CCBC, I got confirmation reply.
    now just need to keep fingers crossed they'll accept this defense.
    Thanks for all for the help!!!!
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 21st Aug 17, 2:34 PM
    • 505 Posts
    • 604 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Start reading the next stages - post 2 in the newbies thread
    • dziugaso
    • By dziugaso 6th Sep 17, 7:44 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    dziugaso
    Hello again,
    I VERY CONFUSED ABOUT WHAT HAPPENING HERE
    I returned from holiday yesterday and found a letter from GS. They asking if i agree to Small Claims Mediation service. There is included Directions questioner and request for special direction, FORM N159
    What should i do? and what it is mean for me/?
    • dziugaso
    • By dziugaso 6th Sep 17, 7:56 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    dziugaso

To be more clear there are pictures of some pages.
    • Lamilad
    • By Lamilad 6th Sep 17, 8:24 PM
    • 888 Posts
    • 1,863 Thanks
    Lamilad
    I VERY CONFUSED ABOUT WHAT HAPPENING HERE
    I returned from holiday yesterday and found a letter from GS. They asking if i agree to Small Claims Mediation service. There is included Directions questioner and request for special direction, FORM N159
    Have you read the NEWBIES thread as advised above my nosferatu1001?

If you had there would be no confusion.

It's a 'no' to mediation but you MUST read the NEWBIES thread and the quoted links. It contains vital information you need to understand the small claims process and defend this claim.
    • dziugaso
    • By dziugaso 6th Sep 17, 8:36 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    dziugaso
    Thanks, Lamilad,
    yes, i trying to find now some info on NewBIES pages..there is so many info. May you can refer me to the right page or post number?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 6th Sep 17, 9:00 PM
    • 15,526 Posts
    • 19,616 Thanks
    Redx
    its near the top of this forum , usually about the second one down

but today its the very top thread

read post #2 on the first page
    Last edited by Redx; 06-09-2017 at 9:02 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • dziugaso
    • By dziugaso 6th Sep 17, 9:52 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    dziugaso
    Thanks Redx
    I think i found this info its a thread of DiegoFuego: SCS Law Letter before claim for multiple PCNs-over £1000!!
    Only I guess, I need to receive a DQ from court cos I got only letter from GS and there is only their filled form DQ and Notice of Allocation to the small claims Track,
    Do i need to wait for the letter from Court, is correct?
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 6th Sep 17, 10:36 PM
    • 505 Posts
    • 604 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    No, you do not need to search for "newbies"

It's literally STUCK to the top of the main page of the forum. Go to page one, you'll see a thread where newbies have to read. Post 2 within this thread is about small claims.

GS usually ask for it to be heard on papers. You do not want this.
    • dziugaso
    • By dziugaso 17th Sep 17, 4:48 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    dziugaso
    Hello,
    I just about to fill DQ. BUT...
    Maybe someone can say what is possible at best to achieve by agreeing for mediation?
    Is possible to cut a claim amount significantly or just get a settlement of full amount? What is the best to get from mediation?

I just considering how much it will take of my time and energy recourses to prepare to the court, collect evidence and defence myself [my English isn't perfect] in the court hearing?
    And I will win 250£ [ if will] but will lose my day pay £150
    In another hand, I don't want to pay any penny to that scam claims collection system..
    Any Ideas?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 17th Sep 17, 5:14 PM
    • 3,651 Posts
    • 1,871 Thanks
    KeithP
    Maybe someone can say what is possible at best to achieve by agreeing for mediation?
    Is possible to cut a claim amount significantly or just get a settlement of full amount? What is the best to get from mediation?
    Originally posted by dziugaso
    Post#25 needs re-reading.

Especially this bit:
    It's a 'no' to mediation but you MUST read the NEWBIES thread and the quoted links. It contains vital information you need to understand the small claims process...
    They want all your money, you don't want to pay them anything... where's the scope for mediation?
    Last edited by KeithP; 17-09-2017 at 5:33 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th Sep 17, 1:07 AM
    • 50,161 Posts
    • 63,535 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    but will lose my day pay £150
    If you win, you can ask for £95 for loss of leave/loss of pay. And parking and travel, and possibly more.

Mediation is a complete no-no for these cases.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

144Posts Today

1,415Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Follow Martin